Ships with a mind of their own? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

gamer1958 -> Ships with a mind of their own? (12/24/2002 10:31:12 PM)

Can someone tell me why my ships sometimes change destination on their own?

1) I had a badly damaged cruiser two hexes from PM. I set the destination hex as PM; thought at very least it was the closest port, they could put out fires, control flooding, then set sail for homeport, major repairs, etc. The ship changed its destination to Brisbane two turns running. I finally said the hell with it, if they want to sink that badly let them. Whats up with this?

2) Formed a Transport TF in Brisbane. Wanted to sail to Rockhampton to pick up troops. TF sails to Rockhampton, then immediately sets sail back to Brisbane. How do I get this TF to stop in Rockhampton long enough for me to give the "Load Troops" order? Its destination always seems to be its homeport.

mogami -> Re: Ships with a mind of their own? (12/24/2002 10:46:55 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gamer1958
[B]Can someone tell me why my ships sometimes change destination on their own?

1) I had a badly damaged cruiser two hexes from PM. I set the destination hex as PM; thought at very least it was the closest port, they could put out fires, control flooding, then set sail for homeport, major repairs, etc. The ship changed its destination to Brisbane two turns running. I finally said the hell with it, if they want to sink that badly let them. Whats up with this?

2) Formed a Transport TF in Brisbane. Wanted to sail to Rockhampton to pick up troops. TF sails to Rockhampton, then immediately sets sail back to Brisbane. How do I get this TF to stop in Rockhampton long enough for me to give the "Load Troops" order? Its destination always seems to be its homeport. [/B][/QUOTE]

1. You should change the ships homeport to PM as well as the destination

2. set do not retire, or change homeport to Rockhampton

with retire on a TF once it reaches it's destination will set out for home again.

rcwkent -> (12/24/2002 10:48:45 PM)

When you want a TF to go to a port and STAY there, click the 'set homebase' to the port destination you want, change it, then click 'return to homeport.'
The destination and homeport will be the same, and your TF will
slide on down there.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI