Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: European Championships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: European Championships Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: European Championships - 1/31/2013 9:20:48 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Transfer Deadline Day. You gotta love Sky - there is nothing very much happening but they are doing their best to sound excited!

But I bet 'Arry has given a couple of car door interviews, deadline day would be nothing without that institution of the game.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 961
RE: European Championships - 1/31/2013 9:41:41 PM   
warspite1

Sky are now having to make sound exciting the deals that are not happening - and that we were told hours ago are not happening.....

Looks like no business for Spurs in this window - other than players going out - WE NEED A STRIKER!!!!

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 962
RE: European Championships - 1/31/2013 9:48:57 PM   
Dixie

quote:

Sky are now having to make sound exciting the deals that are not happening - and that we were told hours ago are not happening.....

Looks like no business for Spurs in this window - other than players going out - WE NEED A STRIKER!!!!

No you don't you've got that fella. What's his name. You know.

Hang on, I was thinking of the Gunners. You are buggered!

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 963
RE: European Championships - 2/1/2013 5:45:56 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

warspite1

Went to bed with just over an hour to go, hoping I would wake up to read Levy pulled off some last minute coup.... er no.....

6th place for us me thinks

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 964
RE: European Championships - 2/1/2013 5:41:53 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Went to bed with just over an hour to go, hoping I would wake up to read Levy pulled off some last minute coup.... er no.....

Is this thread still goiii

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 965
RE: European Championships - 2/1/2013 6:50:44 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

Oh yes....and going, and going and going - now and for the rest of your natural

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 966
RE: European Championships - 2/1/2013 7:03:49 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

Oh yes....and going, and going and going - now and for the rest of your natural

My "natural" what? Brilliance? Of course.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 967
RE: European Championships - 2/2/2013 6:02:21 AM   
warspite1

quote:

warspite1

Never fear - all is not lost - Harry Kane is back.....

Right Harry, this is your chance to be a Tottenham legend....or not - which is it going to be?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 968
RE: European Championships - 2/2/2013 7:20:02 PM   
Orm

I am no big fan of Chelsea but surely Demba BA and Chelsea should have had a penalty and Fabricio Coloccini should have had a red card and a lengthy suspension. I am beginning to wonder what the referee's are paid for. I am so tired of seeing such 'reckless' play on the pitch. I actually have begin to wonder if it is accidental. It looks more and more like they play so dangerous because it gives such an advantage and the referee usually look the other way. And if the other player gets injured that is an extra perk. Bah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf8NhvTRLPU

Attachment (1)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 969
RE: European Championships - 2/2/2013 7:55:42 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

I am no big fan of Chelsea but surely Demba BA and Chelsea should have had a penalty and Fabricio Coloccini should have had a red card and a lengthy suspension. I am beginning to wonder what the referee's are paid for. I am so tired of seeing such 'reckless' play on the pitch. I actually have begin to wonder if it is accidental. It looks more and more like they play so dangerous because it gives such an advantage and the referee usually look the other way. And if the other player gets injured that is an extra perk. Bah!

warspite1

Nasty......

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 970
RE: European Championships - 2/3/2013 6:44:23 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Nasty......

God that is so gay.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 971
RE: European Championships - 2/3/2013 6:53:38 PM   
warspite1

COYS!!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 972
RE: European Championships - 2/4/2013 8:19:56 PM   
warspite1

Wow FIFA are looking at a Champions League match played in England that was fixed!!!

That means - unless it was the referee - that's Man Utd, Man City, the Arse, Chelsea or Spurs

Serious stuff!!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 973
RE: European Championships - 2/4/2013 8:29:53 PM   
Orm

quote:

Wow FIFA are looking at a Champions League match played in England that was fixed!!!

That means - unless it was the referee - that's Man Utd, Man City, the Arse, Chelsea or Spurs

Serious stuff!!

Indeed.

But there is at least one team in that list I would believe could do such thing. And it is not The Spurs.

On the other hand if the only clue that is that it was played in England is there any chance it was the away team they investigate? If so the list of possible culprits increase.

Edit: Just read about it and it is a match that was played during the last four years. Does that increase the number of suspects?

< Message edited by Orm -- 2/4/2013 8:34:30 PM >

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 974
RE: European Championships - 2/4/2013 9:16:40 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Serious stuff!!

Indeed.

But there is at least one team in that list I would believe could do such thing. And it is not The Spurs.

On the other hand if the only clue that is that it was played in England is there any chance it was the away team they investigate? If so the list of possible culprits increase.

Edit: Just read about it and it is a match that was played during the last four years. Does that increase the number of suspects?
warspite1

I think the only English teams are those named above - although Liverpool may just fit that timeframe.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 975
RE: European Championships - 2/4/2013 9:17:18 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Serious stuff!!

Yes. NOW I'm paying attention to European football. And banking scandals. Yummy!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 976
RE: European Championships - 2/4/2013 9:18:51 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

What's the going rate to buy yourself up into a higher standing? I don't follow European football, so I'm unsure what the appropriate bribe is here-can you help?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 977
RE: European Championships - 2/4/2013 9:24:16 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

What's the going rate to buy yourself up into a higher standing? I don't follow European football, so I'm unsure what the appropriate bribe is here-can you help?

I was just reading through this thr

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 978
RE: European Championships - 2/4/2013 9:27:29 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was just reading through this thr
warspite1

Dumbass

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 979
RE: European Championships - 2/5/2013 8:10:37 AM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

Serious stuff!!

Indeed.

warspite1

I think the only English teams are those named above - although Liverpool may just fit that timeframe.

Rumor has it that it is Liverpool that is being investigated but that the main suspicion is against the away team (from Hungary) in that match.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 980
RE: European Championships - 2/5/2013 6:55:25 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Serious stuff!!

Indeed.

warspite1

Rumor has it that it is Liverpool that is being investigated but that the main suspicion is against the away team (from Hungary) in that match.
warspite1

Yes - Debrecen. And apparently the goalkeeper managed to muck it too if the rumours are true. The bet was for 2 goals in the match. Debrecen lost 1-0

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 981
RE: European Championships - 2/5/2013 7:03:43 PM   
Orm

quote:

Yes - Debrecen. And apparently the goalkeeper managed to muck it too if the rumours are true. The bet was for 2 goals in the match. Debrecen lost 1-0

Maybe the strikers in the other team had a bet for a 0-0 draw.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 982
RE: European Championships - 2/5/2013 7:10:31 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Maybe the strikers in the other team had a bet for a 0-0 draw.
warspite1

Yes, apparently Steven Gerrard was criticised for being profligate in front of goal. Maybe he had a tenner on himself not to score a 2nd

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 983
RE: European Championships - 2/6/2013 9:37:39 PM   
warspite1

England 2-1 Brazil

Good game too

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 984
RE: European Championships - 2/6/2013 10:08:36 PM   
parusski

quote:

I finally admit that European football sucks. I have been a dumbass for denying that parusski was correct

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 985
RE: European Championships - 2/7/2013 12:41:57 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

England 2-1 Brazil

Wow. Quite the upset! What'd that cost you?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 986
RE: European Championships - 2/7/2013 2:07:01 AM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

England 2-1 Brazil

Wow. Quite the upset! What'd that cost you?

Yeah yeah. Any comment on warspite1 admitting soccer sucks?? Post 984.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 987
RE: European Championships - 2/7/2013 5:23:57 PM   
Chickenboy

US Men lose 2-1 to Honduras in World Cup qualifier round. Looks like the Hondurans outbid us on the bribes. When oh when will we ever get a handle on how to compete / properly bribe in international soccer?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 988
RE: European Championships - 2/7/2013 8:19:03 PM   
warspite1

quote:

US Men lose 2-1 to Honduras in World Cup qualifier round. Looks like the Hondurans outbid us on the bribes. When oh when will we ever get a handle on how to compete / properly bribe in international soccer?
warspite1

So where does that leave you in the qualification table? Are the US going to Brazil next year?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 989
RE: European Championships - 2/7/2013 8:25:20 PM   
Chickenboy

Dunno. When the Hondurans outbribe you, goodness knows what it would cost to get past the Brazilians!

Oh, you meant for the World Cup competition cutoff? We're not done for yet-additional qualifier matches are pending.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 2/7/2013 8:29:38 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 990
Page:   <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: European Championships Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI