Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Warhammer 40k Battlefleet Gothic Revisited

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Warhammer 40k Battlefleet Gothic Revisited Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Warhammer 40k Battlefleet Gothic Revisited - 3/15/2013 6:24:49 AM   
DauntlessK

Hi... I'm pretty new to DW and as a longtime 40k and battlefleet gothic fan, I had to pick up where another modder left off a while ago. I noticed there was a mod for it but it got abandoned so I decided to work on it.

First though, this isn't meant to be a 40k overhaul. At least that isn't my plan for now... (what I'd like to do and what I can do are two different things.) The 40k universe doesn't mix well with a 4x game... because obviuosly there is just conquer. So I'm really only adding the races and shipsets, because I love the ships of the 40k universe more than any other naval sci fi ships out there.

This includes making very minor changes to the races and race behavior. But obviously if I did it true to 40k, every race would be very hostile, not trustworthy, etc. So I'm trying to keep the races very different yet still have some 40k flavor. I plan also to make creatures or something Necrons and Dark Eldar raiders as neither race really has a full enough ship set to really create an empire, and their actual 40k races are mroe so raiders than full empires anyway.

Let me know what you think. If some people are interested I'll release it for everyone. Currently though I've only finished the Imperial ships and about halfway through Eldar and Chaos ships.

Below are "links" to screens to show you how it looks so far. Unfortunetly I can't post them in here because I am still a newbie to the site. (Learned this the hard way, as it told me I couldn't post links AFTER i tried to post it, and then proceeded to delete my entire post, so I had to type this all over again.

PICTURES:

< Message edited by DauntlessK -- 3/15/2013 11:19:50 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Warhammer 40k Battlefleet Gothic Revisited - 3/15/2013 12:26:31 PM   
Sirian

I like the idea, and your ship models are neat, too. Maybe Dark Eldar and Necrons could be "pirate-only" factions, but I wouldn't know how to implement that.

I used to play some BFG when it came out, but had to sacrifice all my tabletop gaming time and equipment on the altar of marriage. Not that I ever regretted that decision.

(in reply to DauntlessK)
Post #: 2
RE: Warhammer 40k Battlefleet Gothic Revisited - 3/15/2013 7:01:59 PM   
DauntlessK

Thanks.

quote:

I used to play some BFG when it came out, but had to sacrifice all my tabletop gaming time and equipment on the altar of marriage. Not that I ever regretted that decision.

Yeah I was heavy into playing the TT (40k and BFG) but it was such a huge wallet drain and the fact that despite living in a very dense metro area, hobby shops seem to avoid my area... there are lots in a half hour or so radius but yeah so playing was an issue... but mostly what I consider a ripoff in model costs and rulebooks.

(in reply to Sirian)
Post #: 3
RE: Warhammer 40k Battlefleet Gothic Revisited - 3/15/2013 9:01:15 PM   
Sirian

My local gaming club freaked out when I handed them my gaming table (look here: Mortheim Table) and confess, I almost cried, but tabletop gaming takes a heavy drain on free time (= family time now) and wallet (=families wallet now) :-)

I liked BFG, but I had trouble finding serious gamers to play with, so I painted some models, kit-bashed some space stations and went back to my plaster-infested hobby room. Hr hr hr.

(in reply to DauntlessK)
Post #: 4
RE: Warhammer 40k Battlefleet Gothic Revisited - 3/15/2013 10:56:15 PM   
Igard

Very excited to hear this mod might be back in production! Good luck Dauntless.

Sirian, whoah! That's quite a gaming table! Most impressive.

DauntlessK, to display your images simply place tags around the link

edit your original post and copy these 2 lines:

[image]http://imageshack.us/a/img138/2015/screen3ea.png[/image]

[image]imageshack.us/a/img24/32/screen1fy.png [/image]

(in reply to Sirian)
Post #: 5
RE: Warhammer 40k Battlefleet Gothic Revisited - 3/15/2013 11:20:46 PM   
DauntlessK

quote:

DauntlessK, to display your images simply place tags around the link

edit your original post and copy these 2 lines:

I knew how to. It was because I was a newbie to the site (I didn't have enough posts / wasn't a member long enough) and it wouldn't let me post images / links. (I'M NOT A SPAMBOT!!) But problem solved. Thanks!

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 6
RE: Warhammer 40k Battlefleet Gothic Revisited - 4/30/2013 5:15:10 AM   
drmario89

I made an account here once I saw that this mod might come to be. I'd offer to help, but my modding knowhow is about as extensive as my dog's comprehension of calculus, so all I can do is voice my support. I was just curious as to whether or not this mod is still a work in progress or on hold. I know this kind of thing takes time, so please don't mistake my curiosity for impatience... I'm just a little excited is all

< Message edited by drmario89 -- 4/30/2013 5:16:44 AM >

(in reply to DauntlessK)
Post #: 7
RE: Warhammer 40k Battlefleet Gothic Revisited - 4/30/2013 5:21:11 PM   
klarch

Good Luck with this mod. The ships shown look great. I also like the ideas for the different races from the other thread. Looks like a lot of massive destructive fun with this one.

(in reply to DauntlessK)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Warhammer 40k Battlefleet Gothic Revisited Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI