Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CS > CVL conversions and upgrades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> CS > CVL conversions and upgrades Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CS > CVL conversions and upgrades - 3/20/2013 6:00:49 AM   
CyrusSpitama

Hi folks. Been absent from the boards but still pecking away at my first planned war that goes through to victory or defeat. Previously, I had stopped playing and reset (was still learning Jap economy) about the time these conversions were due so, it brings two questions to mind.

A) So that I am clear, there are two ships that require conversion at Tokyo ?

B) What exactly happens with the air groups currently on board? DO they also 'upgrade' with the ship to fighter/attack planes?

Edit: thought to add- I don't plan to convert them all. Still deciding exactly how many to convert since I love the float plane utility. Has proven quite useful for sub detection with my CV fleets :)

< Message edited by CyrusSpitama -- 3/20/2013 6:15:21 AM >

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke
Post #: 1
RE: CS > CVL conversions and upgrades - 3/20/2013 7:10:54 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyrusSpitama

Hi folks. Been absent from the boards but still pecking away at my first planned war that goes through to victory or defeat. Previously, I had stopped playing and reset (was still learning Jap economy) about the time these conversions were due so, it brings two questions to mind.

A) So that I am clear, there are two ships that require conversion at Tokyo ?

B) What exactly happens with the air groups currently on board? DO they also 'upgrade' with the ship to fighter/attack planes?

Edit: thought to add- I don't plan to convert them all. Still deciding exactly how many to convert since I love the float plane utility. Has proven quite useful for sub detection with my CV fleets :)

A Correct but you need to increase the repair yard to 50.
B They upgrade automatically to 21 F and 9 TB

I've currently upgraded the Chitose and Chiyoda the the two will be done onc they are complete if I need to.

< Message edited by Chris H -- 3/20/2013 7:11:39 AM >

(in reply to CyrusSpitama)
Post #: 2
RE: CS > CVL conversions and upgrades - 3/20/2013 7:45:11 AM   
CyrusSpitama

Repair yard at 49(50) and exactly one day before the first CVL conversion is available :) Thanks much for the clarification as the next day is mere minutes away!

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3
RE: CS > CVL conversions and upgrades - 3/20/2013 8:32:01 AM   
cohimbra

Hi, you can find all the info you need reading the first post at this link:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3021739

(in reply to CyrusSpitama)
Post #: 4
RE: CS > CVL conversions and upgrades - 3/20/2013 2:34:09 PM   
CyrusSpitama

Major thumbs up cohimbra ! I want to give your post many thumbs up and have your babies. I searched and met with failure many times trying to find such a link. Bookmarked and will share with others as needed. :)

It seems the fate of the lesser CSs has been decided for this game at least. They shall stay as CS scouting platforms. I really am pleased to hear at least some of the CS airgroups upgrade to proper CVL plane types. I have seen issues with things such as upgrading and reinforcements on occasion with carriers 'adopting' an air group. Things like, refusing to upgrade unless landed on a base and reinforcements can only be added without repeating the same. Never seen such issues with the 'correct' family of air groups loaded onto the carrier.

P.S. Seems I overdid the repair yard for Tokyo. I shall put those 99 yards to good use as the war progresses I think...

< Message edited by CyrusSpitama -- 3/20/2013 2:41:30 PM >

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> CS > CVL conversions and upgrades Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI