CS > CVL conversions and upgrades (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

CyrusSpitama -> CS > CVL conversions and upgrades (3/20/2013 6:00:49 AM)

Hi folks. Been absent from the boards but still pecking away at my first planned war that goes through to victory or defeat. Previously, I had stopped playing and reset (was still learning Jap economy) about the time these conversions were due so, it brings two questions to mind.

A) So that I am clear, there are two ships that require conversion at Tokyo ?

B) What exactly happens with the air groups currently on board? DO they also 'upgrade' with the ship to fighter/attack planes?

Edit: thought to add- I don't plan to convert them all. Still deciding exactly how many to convert since I love the float plane utility. Has proven quite useful for sub detection with my CV fleets :)

Chris21wen -> RE: CS > CVL conversions and upgrades (3/20/2013 7:10:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyrusSpitama

Hi folks. Been absent from the boards but still pecking away at my first planned war that goes through to victory or defeat. Previously, I had stopped playing and reset (was still learning Jap economy) about the time these conversions were due so, it brings two questions to mind.

A) So that I am clear, there are two ships that require conversion at Tokyo ?

B) What exactly happens with the air groups currently on board? DO they also 'upgrade' with the ship to fighter/attack planes?

Edit: thought to add- I don't plan to convert them all. Still deciding exactly how many to convert since I love the float plane utility. Has proven quite useful for sub detection with my CV fleets :)

A Correct but you need to increase the repair yard to 50.
B They upgrade automatically to 21 F and 9 TB

I've currently upgraded the Chitose and Chiyoda the the two will be done onc they are complete if I need to.

CyrusSpitama -> RE: CS > CVL conversions and upgrades (3/20/2013 7:45:11 AM)

Repair yard at 49(50) and exactly one day before the first CVL conversion is available :) Thanks much for the clarification as the next day is mere minutes away!

cohimbra -> RE: CS > CVL conversions and upgrades (3/20/2013 8:32:01 AM)

Hi, you can find all the info you need reading the first post at this link:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3021739

CyrusSpitama -> RE: CS > CVL conversions and upgrades (3/20/2013 2:34:09 PM)

Major thumbs up cohimbra ! I want to give your post many thumbs up and have your babies. I searched and met with failure many times trying to find such a link. Bookmarked and will share with others as needed. :)

It seems the fate of the lesser CSs has been decided for this game at least. They shall stay as CS scouting platforms. I really am pleased to hear at least some of the CS airgroups upgrade to proper CVL plane types. I have seen issues with things such as upgrading and reinforcements on occasion with carriers 'adopting' an air group. Things like, refusing to upgrade unless landed on a base and reinforcements can only be added without repeating the same. Never seen such issues with the 'correct' family of air groups loaded onto the carrier.

P.S. Seems I overdid the repair yard for Tokyo. I shall put those 99 yards to good use as the war progresses I think...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI