Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Expert Opponent Wanted

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> New Expert Opponent Wanted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Expert Opponent Wanted - 3/24/2013 7:38:59 PM   
cyqq

Hi Looking for an expert opponent for CHS or Stock grand campaign game. Either side. Non-historical first turn preferred. HRs to be negotiated but prefer as few as possible (bad memory....). I'm unbeaten in seven games. I can commit to up to 3 turns per week, but prefer 2 turns per week. Would prefer to play until game declares winner.
I can send my first turn around 9 April.

Cheers.
Post #: 1
RE: New Expert Opponent Wanted - 3/25/2013 12:05:06 AM   
tocaff

Only 2 or 3 turns per week? It'll take forever to finish a game unless you go for 2 day turns.

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to cyqq)
Post #: 2
RE: New Expert Opponent Wanted - 3/25/2013 6:27:07 PM   
ColCathcart

Hi,
2-3 turns per week sounds indeed very slow. How did you even manage to go through seven games with such a tempo? Anyway I was involved myself in such slow-motion game but it unfortunately just died slow and painful death after scratching 300-turn mark. With the current state of affairs in WitP I wasn't even going to post for another game (and AE is definitely not my cup of tea) but seeing you as skilled and determined opponent (though taking into account your unbeatable record it is not yet quite clear to me if you would be as much determined in defeat as you are in triumph! ) I'd like to see if we can find a match.

My "border conditions" would be:
  • at least 3 turns a week with two-day turns to have decent chance to get past opening phase of war
  • scenarios: either CHS 159/160 or BigB mod
  • sides to be decided - I like to toy with Japan economy but as it was long time since I played Allied I would be happy to play them too
  • on the HR issue I'm usually on the other side of the spectrum (that is the more rules set before game start the better) but for the sake of mutual satisfaction I can give up on most of them. There are however few which I want to stick to (and my opponent too!) no matter what - two which comes to mind are:

• no more then 50*AF-level aircrafts operating form any given airfield. Yes I know it means players must count a bit and even do some math - but hey we are talking about some serious wargaming here, not any other lame gaming. The head must be hurting a bit!
    • PPs must be paid for going beyond borders (including by sea) for japan Kwantung Army, bulk of Chinesse troops and Indian continental army.

If you think there is space to strike a deal please PM me soon for further discussions, otherwise fill free to silently ignore the offer.

(in reply to cyqq)
Post #: 3
RE: New Expert Opponent Wanted - 3/25/2013 11:31:20 PM   
cyqq

ok, ok, I'll commit to 3-4 turns per week. Also, I am totally ok with 2 day turns if someone would like that. I was on the ropes during a couple of the games but held on and came back to win. I don't quit. I am ok with some HRs, but prefer ones that can be easily verified. If using CHS, I prefer scenario 155 with the extended map.

Here are some basic HRs that most people seem to insist upon, and I am happy with. I'll certainly consider others, especially if their absence would be "show-stoppers".
1. No 4E on Naval attack below 15k; no B29 on naval attack ever
2. No 2E on Naval below 6k prior to 1944

Invasions
3. No Japanese surface units allowed into straights hex west of Singapore or north of that until Singapore falls. No Japanese surface ships allowed through Java straits until they are secure (capturing Batavia and other 2 bases next to it)

Land combat:
4. "Be realistic" with cutting off troops for surrender. A whole Btn would be sufficient to cut off a unit, but a few squads = no.
5. No attacking with just suicide engineers.

Various:
6. USMC and USN squadrons -are- allowed to operate from USN carriers, just as Japanese CV-capable sqdns are allowed on CVL/CVEs.
7. No Corsairs on carriers except for transport missions until 1/44.

(in reply to cyqq)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> New Expert Opponent Wanted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI