Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% off…. everything!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% off…. everything! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/31/2013 1:44:01 PM   
Canuck_jp

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727
Well I can just say how disappointed I am. Really now??!!! Only one egg at higher discounts per game??!!??!!??!! Offer it all to everyone. Simply wow. Again I suggest you hire someone with retail experience. I looked at least ten games with no "eggs". And now to find out that you had eggs at higher discount rates good for only "one" customer is kinda insulting. No egg either for team assault or history legends at war? These games should be 50% off anyway!!!

I don't want to be too critical because it was a pretty good idea, but yeah seriously. Could you imagine if Steam said we're having a huge 50% off sale on all of our games-for 5 people. I love the Easter egg hunt idea but the coupons should be unlimited. If you really want to limit the coupons then limit on a credit card number basis or something like that. Have the Easter eggs auto generate a one time code so that people actually have to look for the eggs themselves than simply grab one from a list that has been copied and pasted onto a forum.
I would love to give Close Combat Panthers in the Fog a whirl but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $40 for a game that lets be honest, is a slightly more polished up version of the same one I played in university 13 years ago.

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 31
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/31/2013 4:18:15 PM   
wilecki

I was planning to play a new wargame this Easter.. After reading the matrix newsletter headline I thought to myself "Wow, Hannibal: Rome and Carthage will be finally mine!". With that 50% discount I was willing to spend ~20€ on this. But when I saw that all the codes were already used by a few people I felt really disappointed.. I couldn't help it but I felt kind of cheated as a customer.

I had to go to ease my wargaming urge somewhere so I went to gamersgate and bought Dominions 3 and Achtung Panzer: Operation Star both with a 75% discount. I even had almost half of my original 20€ budget left, so I spent the rest on gog.com! This will surely fill the coming few months so I wonder when will I want to buy Hannibal from here again?

< Message edited by wilecki -- 3/31/2013 4:48:27 PM >

(in reply to Canuck_jp)
Post #: 32
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/31/2013 11:32:42 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canuck35

quote:

Well I can just say how disappointed I am. Really now??!!! Only one egg at higher discounts per game??!!??!!??!! Offer it all to everyone. Simply wow. Again I suggest you hire someone with retail experience. I looked at least ten games with no "eggs". And now to find out that you had eggs at higher discount rates good for only "one" customer is kinda insulting. No egg either for team assault or history legends at war? These games should be 50% off anyway!!!

I don't want to be too critical because it was a pretty good idea, but yeah seriously. Could you imagine if Steam said we're having a huge 50% off sale on all of our games-for 5 people. I love the Easter egg hunt idea but the coupons should be unlimited. If you really want to limit the coupons then limit on a credit card number basis or something like that. Have the Easter eggs auto generate a one time code so that people actually have to look for the eggs themselves than simply grab one from a list that has been copied and pasted onto a forum.
I would love to give Close Combat Panthers in the Fog a whirl but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $40 for a game that lets be honest, is a slightly more polished up version of the same one I played in university 13 years ago.

First, some clarification to rogo727's post. The eggs were not limited to the game on the page where they were found. They were not all on game pages. They were also not limited to one use per egg.

Folks, it was a good idea but our execution was lacking because we hadn't done anything like this before. Unfortunately with the holiday schedule here as well, our ability to make changes once the sale started was minimal. We did learn a lot though and you can be sure that if we do this again, the execution will be much better. We understand why some customers feel disappointed that they didn't get a fair chance at the eggs - that was not our goal, but it turned out that way.

I think it's worth noting that we haven't typically done Easter sales in the past. This year, there's a 10% off sale for the whole weekend and there were some of these hidden codes that were up to 50% off (which we do extremely rarely) in very limited quantities.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Canuck_jp)
Post #: 33
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/31/2013 11:37:20 PM   
Terminus

I personally don't think your execution was that bad. Maybe the communication was a bit muddled and the cries of "this is ********" have drowned out attempts to explain things. 10% discount across the board and the potential for more if you're lucky isn't a bad deal.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 34
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 4/1/2013 3:35:22 PM   
wworld7

I think it was worth trying.

Better to have tried and failed (as some say) then to have never tried at all...

Flipper

Post #: 35
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 4/1/2013 8:36:40 PM   
rodney727

It's been my experience that company's improve by complaints and negative comments. Word it how you want and while yes it was a good idea it was misleading and horribly executed ......

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canuck35

quote:

First, some clarification to rogo727's post. The eggs were not limited to the game on the page where they were found. They were not all on game pages. They were also not limited to one use per egg.

Folks, it was a good idea but our execution was lacking because we hadn't done anything like this before. Unfortunately with the holiday schedule here as well, our ability to make changes once the sale started was minimal. We did learn a lot though and you can be sure that if we do this again, the execution will be much better. We understand why some customers feel disappointed that they didn't get a fair chance at the eggs - that was not our goal, but it turned out that way.

I think it's worth noting that we haven't typically done Easter sales in the past. This year, there's a 10% off sale for the whole weekend and there were some of these hidden codes that were up to 50% off (which we do extremely rarely) in very limited quantities.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by rogo727 -- 4/1/2013 9:32:31 PM >

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% off…. everything! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI