Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Scary News from Boston.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Scary News from Boston. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 3:44:45 AM   
Will_L_OLD

I disagree with 1,2,4,5 and 6. 3 imho is neither clearly proven or clearly disproven.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 61
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 1:42:13 PM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

quote:

JW
False flags. Truthers. Conspiracy theorists. Complete fools. Idiots.

Good thing there are so many Phd's here to disprove any hypothesis that counters the herds groupthink!

LOL! Probably the best cartoon I've seen in ages. Sums it all up.
Thanks Slaakman!

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 62
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 1:51:39 PM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Will_L

I disagree with 1,2,4,5 and 6. 3 imho is neither clearly proven or clearly disproven.

Maybe that means that their propaganda on the subject is well entrenched in you?
Heck of a lot of global warming conspiracy theorists out there.

When I was young it was global cooling. We should have been in the next ice age right now. And, that was proposed by the guy who is the head scientist for "global warming" who still likes to fudge the figures to "prove" his point.

Earth warms and cools in cycles that are thousands upon thousands of years old. Most have to do with the sun. A bunch of nut jobs want to cut out the sun and blame it on man. LOL!

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

(in reply to Will_L_OLD)
Post #: 63
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 4:45:16 PM   
jwarrenw13

quote:

quote:

JW
False flags. Truthers. Conspiracy theorists. Complete fools. Idiots.

Good thing there are so many Phd's here to disprove any hypothesis that counters the herds groupthink!

Good try, except I disagree with all those statements.* You lose.
*Note - Humans likely affect climate, but it has more to do with regional climate. The IPCC/UN catastrophic global warming nonsense is a political and social agenda backed up by completely unreliable computer projections, however. The scientists who support the IPCC/UN agenda are frauds, and the unreliability of the computer climate projections being used to make government policy in the West is by new well proven. Thus global warming as defined by the IPCC/UN is a fraud, and that is what the cartoon refers to, though global warming did occur during the 20th Century. Read Roger Pielke Sr. for just one scientist who believes humans affect climate but disagrees with the IPCC conclusions and thus has been vilified as an evil 'denier.' But that isn't a conspiracy theory. It was always challenged by reputable scientists. The shallow media helped drive the IPCC agenda, but the media aren't in on any conspiracy. They are just a shallow herd.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 64
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 4:54:15 PM   
jwarrenw13

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

quote:

Maybe that means that their propaganda on the subject is well entrenched in you?

When I was young it was global cooling. We should have been in the next ice age right now. And, that was proposed by the guy who is the head scientist for "global warming" who still likes to fudge the figures to "prove" his point.

Earth warms and cools in cycles that are thousands upon thousands of years old. Most have to do with the sun. A bunch of nut jobs want to cut out the sun and blame it on man. LOL!

RR

I would say global warming is not a conspiracy, however? It is simply political and social opportunists taking advantage of some bad science. And it snowballed. That is different from people sitting around in a room and coming up with a grand conspiracy and acting on it.

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 65
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 5:17:27 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: JW

quote:

quote:

RR

I would say global warming is not a conspiracy, however? It is simply political and social opportunists taking advantage of some bad science. And it snowballed. That is different from people sitting around in a room and coming up with a grand conspiracy and acting on it.
warspite1

Still scary though how politicians have bought into this insidious nonesense wholesale and its treated as fact.... Speaking out with a contrary view is likely to get you denounced as either mad or the son/daughter of beelzebub.... I would say its a conspiracy of a sort.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 66
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 5:37:53 PM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

RR

warspite1

Still scary though how politicians have bought into this insidious nonesense wholesale and its treated as fact.... Speaking out with a contrary view is likely to get you denounced as either mad or the son/daughter of beelzebub.... I would say its a conspiracy of a sort.

Yes it is scary, especially when you try to see it from a cynical perspective, faux science has handed politicians a means to tax and manipulate the economic activity for what they believe is their own good. Nice one there. Sweet deal for the politicians. Now it's also wrapped up into a guilt trip for "harm to the planet" or some other related nonsense that has people openly willing to give away their money for things which often have no effect on "healing tha planet". Brilliant.

It's also quite scary to see it from a non-cynical perspective. Think some empty headed, (overly educated) moron who sees too many movies and worse, belives the fiction he sees is fact. He then goes around all wide eyed and slack jawed trying in earnest to "save the planet" one small step at a time. Now think of 1000's of them. Quite scary.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 67
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 5:44:24 PM   
danlongman

Freakin' whackjobs.

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 68
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 5:46:19 PM   
jwarrenw13

Rahm Emmanuel, Obama's former chief of staff and now Chicago mayor, put it nicely a few years ago. "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste." Thus you have the Obama administration and other Western governments jumping on the global warming bandwagon and using it for their own purposes. It was opportunism. And I actually believe the scientists who originally constructed the catastrophic manmade global warming theory and the computer projections -- now proven incorrect by the actual temperature data of the last two decades -- really believed their theory, at first at least, and got caught up in it, and thought they would save the planet, and then got used by politicians and environmentalists. There is also a third world group that benefits greatly from the global warming guilt of Western governments. China and India also benefit. Rahm was right. It was simply a confluence of events. No one sat around in a room and said, "Let's create a global warming scare." Back to the media, the media are idiots. They always pick winners and losers. They have a herd mentality. No conspiracy there. Just the nature of the beast.

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 69
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 5:54:45 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Rahm Emmanuel, Obama's former chief of staff and now Chicago mayor, put it nicely a few years ago. "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste." Thus you have the Obama administration and other Western governments jumping on the global warming bandwagon and using it for their own purposes. It was opportunism. And I actually believe the scientists who originally constructed the catastrophic manmade global warming theory and the computer projections -- now proven incorrect by the actual temperature data of the last two decades -- really believed their theory, at first at least, and got caught up in it, and thought they would save the planet, and then got used by politicians and environmentalists. There is also a third world group that benefits greatly from the global warming guilt of Western governments. China and India also benefit. Rahm was right. It was simply a confluence of events. No one sat around in a room and said, "Let's create a global warming scare." Back to the media, the media are idiots. They always pick winners and losers. They have a herd mentality. No conspiracy there. Just the nature of the beast.
warspite1

Yes I take your point - it just seems like one the way government has adopted it so readily and this view is supported by organisations like the BBC and much of the national press. It would be refreshing -and comforting - to hear a politician - any serious politician of any political party - properly stand up for those of us that are concerned by this dangerous nonsense.

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 70
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 6:38:13 PM   
Yogi the Great

WE BREAK FOR AN IMPORTANT GOVERNMENT WARNING

No Matrix forum members are to Fart until they pay required fees and obtain the proper permits.

Farting contributes to global warming therefore you must not fart without proper authorization. Your fees will be put to good use supporting green candidates. We understand that for some of you who are really full of it you may experience bloating and abdominal pain but you must hold for the good of the country.

WE REPEAT THOU SHALL NOT FART!!!!!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 71
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 6:40:54 PM   
Yogi the Great

OK I think this thread got off target a bit and is in danger of being locked.

Wasn't it nice to see the two bombers found.

Our thoughts should be with those innocent people and the first responders who lost their lives. Our law enforcement and emergency personnel deserve the thanks of all. It is a difficult job and they put their lives on the line daily for the rest of us. America can't be free without them.

< Message edited by Yogi the Great -- 4/20/2013 6:41:41 PM >

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 72
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 6:42:26 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

No Matrix forum members are to Fart until they pay required fees and obtain the proper permits.

Farting contributes to global warming therefore you must not fart without proper authorization. Your fees will be put to good use supporting green candidates. We understand that for some of you who are really full of it you may experience bloating and abdominal pain but you must hold for the good of the country.

warspite1

Good plan - if it saves just one polar bear it will be for the common good.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 73
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 6:44:02 PM   
warspite1

quote:

OK I think this thread got off target a bit and is in danger of being locked.

Our thoughts should be with those innocent people and the first responders who lost their lives. Our law enforcement and emergency personnel deserve the thanks of all. It is a difficult job and they put their lives on the line daily for the rest of us. America can't be free without them.
warspite1

Yogi - stop taking this off topic - we are talking serious gaseous exchange here

Post #: 74
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 6:45:03 PM   
Yogi the Great

Yes there is something in the air

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 75
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 8:03:23 PM   
MrRoadrunner

I just opened a window and made my contribution.

Back on topic. I think we have only scratched the surface with the capture of the second suspect. I think this might lead to more persons in the "cell" if pursued properly. Or, at least to the ties they had.

Thank God that Boston and the area around have been opened back up for business. Hopefully with a bit more natural vigilance in the City and surrounding communities?

RR

Post #: 76
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 9:00:04 PM   
jwarrenw13

quote:

Cows. Cows are a far worse danger to the planet.

Post #: 77
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 9:01:30 PM   
jwarrenw13

quote:

I just opened a window and made my contribution.

Back on topic. I think we have only scratched the surface with the capture of the second suspect. I think this might lead to more persons in the "cell" if pursued properly. Or, at least to the ties they had.

Thank God that Boston and the area around have been opened back up for business. Hopefully with a bit more natural vigilance in the City and surrounding communities?

RR

We certainly have to determine if the two acted alone or if other people are involved, either locally or internationally.

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 78
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 9:58:13 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Correct. I vote we ban cows too. If it saves just one polar bear etc etc....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 4/20/2013 9:59:09 PM >

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 79
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 10:23:36 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Grass fed beef cows are significantly worse than feedlot steers in terms of lifetime greenhouse emissions too. Something else that drives the do-righters nuts.

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 80
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 10:34:30 PM   
jwarrenw13

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

But do polar bears fart? How about spotted owls? Whales? Insects? Imagine the biomass of insects. They must fart more than any other animal on earth. But do they fart?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 81
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 10:39:13 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

But do polar bears fart? How about spotted owls? Whales? Insects? Imagine the biomass of insects. They must fart more than any other animal on earth. But do they fart?
warspite1

Excellent point JW. I must confess I know not. However, one animal that must give the cow a run for their money in the farting stakes is the warthog.

Attachment (2)

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 82
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/20/2013 10:40:27 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

Excellent point JW. I must confess I know not. However, one animal that must give the cow a run for their money in the farting stakes is the warthog.

warspite1

Isn't it amazing what you learn here on the Matrix wargaming forum?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 83
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/21/2013 1:07:01 AM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

We still dont know if they actually did it.
quote:

LOL! Probably the best cartoon I've seen in ages. Sums it all up.
Thanks Slaakman!

RR

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Will_L_OLD)
Post #: 84
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/21/2013 5:10:50 PM   
jwarrenw13

Well, that didn't take long. A quick search shows that insect farts are a significant contributor to global warming. Cockroaches seem to be a major culprit. There are several sources, but here is one link, a few years old, but insects haven't changed much in five years.

http://www.wiseupjournal.com/?p=469

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 85
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/21/2013 5:15:00 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Well, that didn't take long. A quick search shows that insect farts are a significant contributor to global warming. Cockroaches seem to be a major culprit. There are several sources, but here is one link, a few years old, but insects haven't changed much in five years.

http://www.wiseupjournal.com/?p=469
warspite1

Good find. No choice now I guess. We need to exterminate all insects...NOW!

I'll get my shotgun.

Well, if it saves one polar bear etc etc

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 86
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/21/2013 5:19:55 PM   
Alpha77

quote:

Its too early to tell but false-flags are SOP in this day & age so it cannot be ruled out. Only civilians with no military experience persist to ignore that possibility.

Not only these days, you should study some Roman history (eg. they blamed for the Carthagians for soemthing they didnt do, so have a casus belly against them. Hitler did the same "false flag" with Poland. Its really quite common, you can also study CIA operations against Cuba with false flag premise

BTW: Sorry for the victims of this madness. Just read yesterday morning from it. Not sure if this is flase flag or not, but guess so called "conspiracy theorists" will have a field day

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 4/21/2013 5:32:47 PM >

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 87
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/21/2013 5:46:14 PM   
jwarrenw13

Well, here is the smoking gun. If you love the planet, kill a cockroach and then bury it, deep, carbon sequestration, you know.

"Did you know that cockroaches fart EVERY 15 MINUTES! This makes them one of the biggest contributors to global warming. That’s not all, they also continue to release methane for 18 hours after they die!"

Read more: http://scienceray.com/biology/did-you-know-amazing-farting-cockroaches/#ixzz2R7Jqcv2g

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 88
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/21/2013 5:50:28 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Well, here is the smoking gun. If you love the planet, kill a cockroach and then bury it, deep, carbon sequestration, you know.

"Did you know that cockroaches fart EVERY 15 MINUTES! This makes them one of the biggest contributors to global warming. That’s not all, they also continue to release methane for 18 hours after they die!"

Read more: http://scienceray.com/biology/did-you-know-amazing-farting-cockroaches/#ixzz2R7Jqcv2g

warspite1

Well I'm taking your posts seriously JW - you can't be too careful. I've killed a few in the last few minutes with my trusty 12-bore, but I think there's still more of the critters in the house that need taking care of....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 89
RE: Scary News from Boston. - 4/21/2013 6:30:15 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Here is another that should stay away from pressure cookers.

Attachment (1)

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Scary News from Boston. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI