Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Meet the Guardians....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Meet the Guardians.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Meet the Guardians.... - 5/23/2013 7:35:51 PM   
Castinar

....in deep space?

I just had the Guardians message pop up...the text comes up as normal, but as follows:

[I]We have encountered an advanced race of machines, called the Mecahnoids, in the system[/I]

System name is blank (a space where the system name we encountered them would be).

I clicked go to system first, and it took me to a ship in deep space, in transit between my homeworld and a nearby explored system. The guardian ship doesn't appear on map. It appears I got hailed in transit?
Post #: 1
RE: Meet the Guardians.... - 5/23/2013 7:47:00 PM   
Erik Rutins

Interesting, could you upload a save file please? Also play a bit further after saving and let us know if they actually are in a system or not.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Castinar)
Post #: 2
RE: Meet the Guardians.... - 5/23/2013 7:53:30 PM   
Spacecadet

I think this is one of two scenarios.

1. - They were in the same system for a second or two before they Warped out.

2. - Their courses were close enough that their Sensors picked each other up in Hyperspace.

I've been "attacked" in Hyperspace before, and I believe it's the result of one of the above.

CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Meet the Guardians.... - 5/23/2013 8:03:20 PM   
Castinar

I can upload a save....played another hour, and haven't seen anything of them yet. I suspect it was SC's option 2...I was slow, but not that slow, in reacting to the popup. My ship was still using the slow warp-bubble Generator, and hadn't been close to the origin system, and wasn't too close to the destination system either. It certainly wasn't a case where we'd been in the same system...the only system I occupied at the time was my home system, with a constructor in a second....the ship in question was enroute to the third system I'd be visiting.

edit: Uploaded the file for you to look at...I've played about an hour since the incident (maybe more....losing track of time!). File as "galen_meet_guardians"

< Message edited by Galen -- 5/23/2013 8:17:01 PM >

(in reply to Spacecadet)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Meet the Guardians.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI