Meet the Guardians.... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

Castinar -> Meet the Guardians.... (5/23/2013 7:35:51 PM)

....in deep space?

I just had the Guardians message pop up...the text comes up as normal, but as follows:

[I]We have encountered an advanced race of machines, called the Mecahnoids, in the system[/I]

System name is blank (a space where the system name we encountered them would be).

I clicked go to system first, and it took me to a ship in deep space, in transit between my homeworld and a nearby explored system. The guardian ship doesn't appear on map. It appears I got hailed in transit?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Meet the Guardians.... (5/23/2013 7:47:00 PM)

Interesting, could you upload a save file please? Also play a bit further after saving and let us know if they actually are in a system or not.

Spacecadet -> RE: Meet the Guardians.... (5/23/2013 7:53:30 PM)

I think this is one of two scenarios.

1. - They were in the same system for a second or two before they Warped out.

2. - Their courses were close enough that their Sensors picked each other up in Hyperspace.

I've been "attacked" in Hyperspace before, and I believe it's the result of one of the above.

Castinar -> RE: Meet the Guardians.... (5/23/2013 8:03:20 PM)

I can upload a save....played another hour, and haven't seen anything of them yet. I suspect it was SC's option 2...I was slow, but not that slow, in reacting to the popup. My ship was still using the slow warp-bubble Generator, and hadn't been close to the origin system, and wasn't too close to the destination system either. It certainly wasn't a case where we'd been in the same system...the only system I occupied at the time was my home system, with a constructor in a second....the ship in question was enroute to the third system I'd be visiting.

edit: Uploaded the file for you to look at...I've played about an hour since the incident (maybe more....losing track of time!). File as "galen_meet_guardians"

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI