Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ready for a laugh

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> ready for a laugh Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ready for a laugh - 2/15/2001 12:25:00 PM   
jerrek

Disclaimer - i am not making fun of russian people here, just the folly of using someone to translate who does not know the next language (perhaps they just used bablefish). This is taken from some russian produced 1:72 scale ww2 equipment. It is the english "translation" on the instructions of the blurb originally written in russian. Zis 5 truck AER brand Zis 5 was began produce in october 1933. In the 1934 turkey bought 100 lorries zis 5 (it was the first soviet car export), then these lorries START TO BUY Afghanistan, Iraq . .... "those trucks had a lot of dosh" In ussr big amount of zis 5 was used in army. .... it had big repiaring ability ... this is only a small bit of the paragraphs but anyway - not one sentence is correct english or even close. Just in case you thought it was a one off here is another. 76mm gun russian. This gun was intended for fight with tanks and mobile complex facilities: for destroying of guns and alive forces of enemy. I don't know what mobile complex facilties means but i am glad it is for killing of alive forces, the alternative is a bit puzzling.

Post #: 1
- 2/15/2001 1:15:00 PM   
skukko

Maybe they had difficulties to see difference between dead and alive citizens? mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to jerrek)
Post #: 2
- 2/15/2001 8:35:00 PM   
panda124c

Some of my favorate translations were from early kits from Japan, where one always 'introduce part A to part B, glue' I have always wondered how part A and B got along after being glued. ;o) Translations are difficult because of the differenc in language structure as well as difference in words. It can cause some very amusing sentences. On the other hand it can also cause some very serious misunderstanding. I prefer the humor. I am now going out to my mobile complex facility and go to work.

(in reply to jerrek)
Post #: 3
- 2/15/2001 9:57:00 PM   
Rickenbacker

Check out www.engrish.com, always good for a quick laugh if you like that sort of thing (I do ). Rickenbacker

Mats 'Rickenbacker' Nylund -------------------------- rickenbacker@innocent.com

(in reply to jerrek)
Post #: 4
- 2/15/2001 11:10:00 PM   
Infanterie

Jerrek mentioned babelfish translator(http://world.altavista.com/), in addition to being really useful at times, its a way to get good laugh too. Try translating e.g. english into spanish, and then the spanish version back into english. ------------------ "The bravery of being out of range..."

"The bravery of being out of range..."

(in reply to jerrek)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> ready for a laugh Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI