Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Troop Transport

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Troop Transport Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Troop Transport - 5/27/2013 10:06:25 AM   
rolandthemad

I can't seem to get my troops loaded onto the transport. Is there a special way to do this that I am unaware of?

I keep clicking on my homeworld -> load troops.. and it just sits there :-/
Post #: 1
RE: Troop Transport - 5/27/2013 10:17:48 AM   
TrooperCooper

Are the troops on the ground maybe garrisioned (marked green)? Those cant be loaded and the transport would prolly not react at all then.

If so, un-garrision them if you want in the planets detail-window => troops.

(in reply to rolandthemad)
Post #: 2
RE: Troop Transport - 5/27/2013 11:49:17 AM   
Haree78

Out of interest were the only troops you had free defence troops? I saw something similar but couldn't quite work out what was going on.

(in reply to TrooperCooper)
Post #: 3
RE: Troop Transport - 5/27/2013 5:32:22 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

Under Legends if you ordered a Fleet to load troops it would travel and try to find them. Under Shadows it seems that the Troops MUST be at the fleet site, not be defenders or garrisoned, and can then be picked up.

Personally I would love if the Private sector were to move Defender type troops to new worlds. Currently the priority that the AI placed on building troops is ridiculously low. Colonize a world, get it to a couple hundred Million population, and all it has is a General and 1 or 2 troopers??
I had to completely remove Troop recruitment from automation before I could begin to have the troops to start defending worlds, much less attack them. Got sick and tired of seeing others land 190K attackers to my 30K defenders.

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 4
RE: Troop Transport - 5/27/2013 7:34:40 PM   
rolandthemad

Yeah I set a policy to have 2 troopers minimum on each world but the AI doesn't seem to be following it. Guess I will need to manually recruit!

Someone else suggested degarrisoning troops to load them.. i'll try that out thanks guys

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyclopsSlayer

Under Legends if you ordered a Fleet to load troops it would travel and try to find them. Under Shadows it seems that the Troops MUST be at the fleet site, not be defenders or garrisoned, and can then be picked up.

Personally I would love if the Private sector were to move Defender type troops to new worlds. Currently the priority that the AI placed on building troops is ridiculously low. Colonize a world, get it to a couple hundred Million population, and all it has is a General and 1 or 2 troopers??
I had to completely remove Troop recruitment from automation before I could begin to have the troops to start defending worlds, much less attack them. Got sick and tired of seeing others land 190K attackers to my 30K defenders.

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Troop Transport Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI