Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 5/24/2013 3:36:16 PM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deputy
At any rate, I have move on from the CS into something that is actually still alive because of user mods. Have fun waiting for decades for a patch to come out for CS.

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya! Ta ta!

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 91
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 5/24/2013 8:45:55 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

quote:

At any rate, I have move on from the CS into something that is actually still alive because of user mods. Have fun waiting for decades for a patch to come out for CS.

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya! Ta ta!

RR

I salute your brilliant reply. Unfortunately, only one finger seems to work.

Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 92
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 5/24/2013 9:43:41 PM   
MrRoadrunner

Pull it out and you can use two?
Unless it broke when the door hit ya?

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 93
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 5/24/2013 10:09:54 PM   
KEYSTONE07950

Now boys - play nice!

I like JTCS and SB. I own all the SB titles. I enjoy them both. Could they both benefit from Mr Tiller's undivided attention? - Certainly. I don't think it's going to happen though. I enjoy what I have.

< Message edited by KEYSTONE07950 -- 5/24/2013 10:21:45 PM >

Post #: 94
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 5/25/2013 12:37:28 AM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: KEYSTONE07950

Now boys - play nice!

I like JTCS and SB. I own all the SB titles. I enjoy them both. Could they both benefit from Mr Tiller's undivided attention? - Certainly. I don't think it's going to happen though. I enjoy what I have.

Well said Keystone. It's a shame how quick the Tiller stuff becomes abandonware. Seems like just when he comes out with something good, he quits it.

Squad Battles

(in reply to KEYSTONE07950)
Post #: 95
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 5/25/2013 11:32:17 AM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

Now boys - play nice!

Mr. Florman,

It is certainly not "play".
What "Mr. Tiller" did was sell the rights to JTCS to Matrix through the company that purchase the right before. Mr. Tiller did come back to offer code information. That is why it is called the Matrix-John-Tiller-Campaign-Series. Since it's purchase a dedicated team of modders and programmers, working for free, have tried to improve the game and fix some "glitches/bugs" in the original. Also, they have added controversial bits to the game, in the name of improvement.

The comments of Deputy-Dog are specious at best. His many complaints and ridiculous claims concerning MatrixJTCS are wearing thin due to his latest announcement that he has forsaken CS for Squad Battles.
Since this is the CS forum, here at Matrix, he was simply asked to take his views to a Squad Battles forum. Unless you want to turn this into a Squad Battles forum too?
In my view, his coming here and making his comments, is akin to a person who goes to a movie theater and craps on the floor because he prefers a different movie?

Barring his being banned from posting what other choice is there in dealing with him?
We can await his taking his "dirt nap", but bearing his foolish and droning comments will be to an individual taste until then?

RR

(in reply to KEYSTONE07950)
Post #: 96
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 5/25/2013 11:41:06 AM   
LoneWulf63

quote:

quote:

Now boys - play nice!

Mr. Florman,

It is certainly not "play".
What "Mr. Tiller" did was sell the rights to JTCS to Matrix through the company that purchase the right before. Mr. Tiller did come back to offer code information. That is why it is called the Matrix-John-Tiller-Campaign-Series. Since it's purchase a dedicated team of modders and programmers, working for free, have tried to improve the game and fix some "glitches/bugs" in the original. Also, they have added controversial bits to the game, in the name of improvement.

The comments of Deputy-Dog are specious at best. His many complaints and ridiculous claims concerning MatrixJTCS are wearing thin due to his latest announcement that he has forsaken CS for Squad Battles.
Since this is the CS forum, here at Matrix, he was simply asked to take his views to a Squad Battles forum. Unless you want to turn this into a Squad Battles forum too?
In my view, his coming here and making his comments, is akin to a person who goes to a movie theater and craps on the floor because he prefers a different movie?

Barring his being banned from posting what other choice is there in dealing with him?
We can await his taking his "dirt nap", but bearing his foolish and droning comments will be to an individual taste until then?

RR

I couldn't have stated it better.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.

Post #: 97
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 5/25/2013 3:42:37 PM   
Deputy

quote:

quote:

Now boys - play nice!

?

RR

Actually, it would be a crap on the floor because the movie I paid for ISN'T SHOWING. And HASN'T BEEN SHOWING for YEARS, even though the theater keeps promising a feature film. The crap on the floor would be more entertainment than what Matrix has been promising. Nice scatological illustration, BTW.

Squad Battles

Post #: 98
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 5/26/2013 12:40:18 AM   
MrRoadrunner

Live in your own crap then?

RR

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 99
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 5/26/2013 3:56:52 PM   
Deputy

quote:

Live in your own crap then?

RR

You are the one that brought up scatalogical references. BTW...you are back on my ignore list. You might try getting a life beyond harassing me.
Bye-bye.

Squad Battles

Post #: 100
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 5/28/2013 11:25:05 AM   
LoneWulf63

If you have put the CS series behind you and have moved on, then why are you still here? I guess it gives you pleasure to complain.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 101
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 5/28/2013 12:47:52 PM   
LoneWulf63

And one other matter Deputy. I will take the new Combat Mission series over Squad Battles any day of the week. I have played both, and Combat Mission beats Squad Battles, hands down.

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 102
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 5/28/2013 3:26:40 PM   
Deputy

Ahhhh...love that ignore list.

Squad Battles

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 103
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 5/29/2013 1:13:31 AM   
MrRoadrunner

Doh!

Where is the ostrich with it's head in the sand icon?

RR
(Don't worry. I'm proud to be on his ignore list.)

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 104
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 3:40:09 AM   
marcbarker

Combat Missions is a great game......for battalion size battles it is great ...if ambitious generate a battle with regiment base.... CS seems as though with the promise of 1.05 is kind of like wrld in flames 20 years in the making and nothing produced for the public as a whole. Oh well Virginia the is no Sanat Clause...the clause being we promise we are from the IRS and here to help you

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re

Post #: 105
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 11:10:12 AM   
LoneWulf63

I really don't think that it is going to take 20 years for the 1.05 patch to come out, at least I hope it doesn't. I'd be pushing 80 years old if it did.

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 106
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 12:06:39 PM   
kool_kat

Hey Berto:

Can you throw us JTCS players some kind of "bone" on "approximate" time frame for the much anticipated 1.05 patch?

Are you looking at 6 months? 1 year? 2 years?, etc. for a possible release date?

A "new" 1.05 patch should breathe some life into the "old girl."

Would greatly appreciate some enlightenment here.

Thanks!

Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 107
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 12:55:00 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: mwest

Can you throw us JTCS players some kind of "bone" on "approximate" time frame for the much anticipated 1.05 patch?

Are you looking at 6 months? 1 year? 2 years?, etc. for a possible release date?

I hinted at that by writing

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

And more gain. By merging now, we have greater flexibility in our release schedules. (Hint, hint. )

Among other considerations, the ability to advance the release schedule of 1.05 is one of the biggest reasons for my undertaking the CS/MW codebase merge described in my Coder Diary #4. For that reason, future post-1.05 patches should come out faster too.

How long do we all have to wait? It's not for me to decide. But it's assuredly a matter of months, not a year or more. That I think it's safe to say.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to kool_kat)
Post #: 108
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 2:53:36 PM   
kool_kat

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto
How long do we all have to wait? It's not for me to decide. But it's assuredly a matter of months, not a year or more. That I think it's safe to say.

Now, that "tidbit" is very much appreciated! Thank you!

Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 109
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 3:55:08 PM   
LoneWulf63

This is indeed good news, lets just hope a certain complainer doesn't get a whiff of it.

(in reply to kool_kat)
Post #: 110
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 4:59:05 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: resinslinger

This is indeed good news, lets just hope a certain complainer doesn't get a whiff of it.

No idea who you are talking about, but we have heard optimistic predictions before. We are YEARS behind on this patch after it being on the back burner for some modern battles version that has never surfaced. Since it's still Matrix' call on it being released, I have little hope of it being sooner rather than later.

Squad Battles

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 111
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 5:45:17 PM   
Otto von Blotto

quote:

No idea who you are talking about, but we have heard optimistic predictions before. We are YEARS behind on this patch after it being on the back burner for some modern battles version that has never surfaced. Since it's still Matrix' call on it being released, I have little hope of it being sooner rather than later.

You still here, thought you had moved on to greener pastures new and left this all behind. Haven't you heard the phrase never look back or quit living in the past.

"Personal isn't the same as important"

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 112
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 5:58:13 PM   
LoneWulf63

quote:

quote:

You don't understand what I am talking about? I don't think I could have been any more clear about what I said. All you do is put down the people that are working on the patch and other mods for JTCS, albeit in a sideways manner, but you still do. As for the modern version, it is you that does not know what he is talking about. Yeah I know, you aren't interested in it but that doesn't mean other JTCS players aren't, me included. So what if the 1.05 patch takes longer than you want it to. The rest of us have something you don't have, patience. If it takes another six months or even a year, so what? We can still play the 1.04 version. I don't think you have any idea how hard people like Jason are working on the patch or how dedicated they are when it comes to bettering one of the best platoon level computer wargames to ever come down the pike. You say you have moved on, well damn man, move on and do as Otto suggest....don't look back.

Chris.

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 113
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 6:02:51 PM   
LoneWulf63

And one other thing Deputy. All these patches are FREE!!!! Its not like you have spent any money on them. If you did, then I could see your complaint as being valid.

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 114
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 6:49:58 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Otto von Blotto

quote:

You still here, thought you had moved on to greener pastures new and left this all behind. Haven't you heard the phrase never look back or quit living in the past.

Nahhh...you folks love me too much and keep requesting I come back. Just can't live without me I guess.

Squad Battles

(in reply to Otto von Blotto)
Post #: 115
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 6:51:59 PM   
Deputy

quote:

And one other thing Deputy. All these patches are FREE!!!! Its not like you have spent any money on them. If you did, then I could see your complaint as being valid.

Hey genius newb...have you EVER spent money on a patch??? If you did, you are newer than I thought.

Squad Battles

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 116
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 6:56:17 PM   
LoneWulf63

On a patch no, on an upgrade yes (CM Battle for Normandy v2.0). Newb? Shows me your level of intelligence. I probably started playing wargames when you were still in diapers. BTW, what have you contributed to JTCS?

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 117
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 8:03:23 PM   
Crossroads

I may soon run out of popcorn.

Not yet though.

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 118
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 8:41:13 PM   
Deputy

quote:

On a patch no, on an upgrade yes (CM Battle for Normandy v2.0). Newb? Shows me your level of intelligence. I probably started playing wargames when you were still in diapers. BTW, what have you contributed to JTCS?

So you say, but you continue to make newb comments.

Squad Battles

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 119
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 6/7/2013 8:47:03 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

I may soon run out of popcorn.

Not yet though.

Hey Battle Kat. Gonna try out your Forgotten Battles mod. Looks pretty cool!

Squad Battles

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI