Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  655 656 [657] 658 659   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 2:38:56 PM   
Dixie

Got a phone call from work on my day off, turns out I'll be flying on Thursday to Boscombe Down

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 19681
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 2:39:57 PM   
Schanilec

A good (not moving) morning all.

Next up for Mike...rummage sale for all the crap he didn't know they had when the move began.

This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 19682
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 2:40:22 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Good morning y'all.

@ USS Mike-I'm just glad that I don't own a pickup truck and live within 90 miles of you.

But we pay with beer and pizza.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19683
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 2:44:05 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Next up for Mike...rummage sale for all the crap he didn't know they had when the move began.

Schani, the scary part is we're not even moving yet.

We are currently getting the house ready to list for sale, as we need to sell it before closing on any new house. We do have our eye on a great house, but the sellers are asking for too much risk from us to "hold" it for us until ours sells. We'll make another offer to them when ours is under contract to be sold.

The tricky part will be timing it all so that we don't end up living in a hotel for a few weeks.

Mike

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 19684
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 3:23:50 PM   
Schanilec

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Schani, the scary part is we're not even moving yet.

We are currently getting the house ready to list for sale, as we need to sell it before closing on any new house. We do have our eye on a great house, but the sellers are asking for too much risk from us to "hold" it for us until ours sells. We'll make another offer to them when ours is under contract to be sold.

The tricky part will be timing it all so that we don't end up living in a hotel for a few weeks.

Are the seller jerk-offs? I don't know, just asking. They should be willing to work with you if you are intending to buy thier house.
How long before you list? Could the realtor start chumming the waters on your current house? It doesn't have to be tip top for the first prospects to take a quick peak.

The bank and the sellers worked very well with me taking on my current house before selling the other.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19685
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 3:32:59 PM   
USSAmerica

We're moving very fast from the selling end. Hope to have our house listed on Friday. I don't think the sellers are jerk-offs. From their perspective, they don't want to effectively take their house off of the market for an unknown period of time while waiting for us to get ours under contract. They countered our "contingent" offer with one that added dates that our house will be listed by and maximum waiting time. If we didn't meet those dates, our Due Diligence and Earnest money would be forfeit. Not gonna gamble like that. Unfortunately, the amounts are too high for us to be able to purchase a new house without selling our old one.

Our realtor is very confident that our house will move fast. The house we are looking to buy has been listed several times over the past few years and then de-listed. It has currently been listed at it's price for 80 days. It will still be there in a few weeks, when our's is under contract to sell. Then, our new offer will be quite a bit lower than the original one we made.

Mike

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 19686
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 4:17:07 PM   
Schanilec

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

We're moving very fast from the selling end. Hope to have our house listed on Friday. I don't think the sellers are jerk-offs. From their perspective, they don't want to effectively take their house off of the market for an unknown period of time while waiting for us to get ours under contract. They countered our "contingent" offer with one that added dates that our house will be listed by and maximum waiting time. If we didn't meet those dates, our Due Diligence and Earnest money would be forfeit. Not gonna gamble like that. Unfortunately, the amounts are too high for us to be able to purchase a new house without selling our old one.

Our realtor is very confident that our house will move fast. The house we are looking to buy has been listed several times over the past few years and then de-listed. It has currently been listed at it's price for 80 days. It will still be there in a few weeks, when our's is under contract to sell. Then, our new offer will be quite a bit lower than the original one we made.

Sweet.

Here on average, about five weeks to six weeks to sell. Mine within a month. Out west, start the stop watch. On ther other hand my sister and bother-in-law has had their house listed now for about six months. Here! (Jerk-off's) Way more than it's worth. California mind set.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19687
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 4:45:28 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Are the seller jerk-offs? I don't know, just asking. They should be willing to work with you if you are intending to buy thier house.

I don't know, Shani. When it comes to selling your house, you (as sellers) want a committed party that can close the deal at the agreed upon price. You're not after a dreaded 'contingency' sale unless you have to accept one. So many contingency sales fall through as something doesn't go just right. Then the seller is left holding the bag-lost time, lost money (they still gotta pay the mortgage) and lost exposure to other potential buyers.

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 19688
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 5:25:23 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

Way more than it's worth. California mind set.

...hey! wait just a artichoke pickin' minute!

free market...things are worth what the buyer will pay...

< Message edited by Kwik E Mart -- 6/11/2013 5:26:31 PM >

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 19689
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 5:56:49 PM   
Schanilec

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

I don't know, Shani. When it comes to selling your house, you (as sellers) want a committed party that can close the deal at the agreed upon price. You're not after a dreaded 'contingency' sale unless you have to accept one. So many contingency sales fall through as something doesn't go just right. Then the seller is left holding the bag-lost time, lost money (they still gotta pay the mortgage) and lost exposure to other potential buyers.

Oh, I know my buyer's backed out at the last minute for another home. Friends of mine still are. Realtor got another buyer, though I settled for $5000 less.
We all worked things out together. Everyone included me walked away happy. My mortgage payments were another story, for another time. Even that worked out very well.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19690
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 6:07:12 PM   
Schanilec

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

Sorry,
Brother-in-law is San Diego born and raised, sister has a self-centered attitude. And he does have a different mind set (more a union mind set actually). I warned him about that, and now it's, load up the truck and back to California. Weather also had something to do with it. He thought that was a myth. He did last it out five years I'll give him that. But make sure you turn the lights off and shut the door before you leave. See ya' buddy, make sure little sister is loaded up. Believe me the pair is a piece of work.

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 19691
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 7:04:43 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry,
Brother-in-law is San Diego born and raised, sister has a self-centered attitude. And he does have a different mind set (more a union mind set actually). I warned him about that, and now it's, load up the truck and back to California. Weather also had something to do with it. He thought that was a myth. He did last it out five years I'll give him that. But make sure you turn the lights off and shut the door before you leave. See ya' buddy, make sure little sister is loaded up. Believe me the pair is a piece of work.

...well, in my defense, i'm not native cali...thank THREAD...i know many out here like your in-laws...

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 19692
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 8:52:19 PM   
Schanilec

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry,

...well, in my defense, i'm not native cali...thank THREAD...i know many out here like your in-laws...

They be the perfect bad examples. Should have seem him a few years back when I took him out to see the farmland. Just like a little kid going to the zoo for the very first time. The wildlife did put on a pretty good show that day. Waterfowl upland game, eagles, deer, coyotes, etc. Everything except for moose. Oh sure, and just where are they during deer season.

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 19693
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 9:18:24 PM   
nashvillen

Greetings from Origins!

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 19694
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 9:52:03 PM   
Schanilec

We read you loud and clear. Describe the situtation to us. Over.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 19695
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 10:07:54 PM   
Symon

Found a recipe for chicken goulash with sour cream dumplings. Goulash because it has a bunch of sweet Hungarian paprika in it. Woof !! Really tasty, goes well with a Tuscan red, or maybe a rum thing with a not-sweet mixer, kinda like fresh squeezed lemon/lime, with some peach/apricot juice. Close to a pain-killer, but without the pineapple and cocoa-lopez.

Uuh, gotta go do the simmer pan. Then do the dumplings and bake the thing. Looks wonderful.

Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 19696
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/11/2013 10:12:44 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Symon

Found a recipe for chicken goulash with sour cream dumplings. Goulash because it has a bunch of sweet Hungarian paprika in it. Woof !! Really tasty, goes well with a Tuscan red, or maybe a rum thing with a not-sweet mixer, kinda like fresh squeezed lemon/lime, with some peach/apricot juice. Close to a pain-killer, but without the pineapple and cocoa-lopez.

Uuh, gotta go do the simmer pan. Then do the dumplings and bake the thing. Looks wonderful.

How in the name of Glod do you make dumplings out of sour cream? Genuinely curious.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 19697
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/12/2013 12:14:34 AM   
Symon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus
How in the name of Glod do you make dumplings out of sour cream? Genuinely curious.

In a flood processor, pulse 1 1/2 cups of flour with 2 teasploons of baking powder, 1/2 teasploon of salt and 1/4 teasploon of pepper. Pulse in the remaining 4 tablesploons of butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Whisk 1/2 cup of the stock with 1/2 cup of the sour cream and drizzle over the dry ingredients; pulse until a dough forms.

Scloop twelve 3-tablesploon-size mounds of biscuit dough over the chicken. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and the biscuits are cooked. Turn on the broiler and broil for about 2 minutes, until the biscuits are golden. Serve the goulash in bowls, splooning the biscuits on top.

Glod has had it twice and liked it. First time was just before he did Alta, Utah. You might like it too.

< Message edited by Symon -- 6/12/2013 12:31:05 AM >

Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 19698
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/12/2013 12:35:03 AM   
Terminus

Sounds plenty tasty, John.

< Message edited by Terminus -- 6/12/2013 12:18:22 PM >

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 19699
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/12/2013 9:09:19 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 19700
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/12/2013 11:03:38 AM   
khyberbill

Good Morning Apollo. I will be in Zagreb in August. Is it really hot that time of the year?

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 19701
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/12/2013 11:43:35 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

Good Morning Apollo. I will be in Zagreb in August. Is it really hot that time of the year?

Yep... it can be very hot... more than +35 degrees centigrade...

BTW, business or pleasure?

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 19702
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/12/2013 11:56:03 AM   
khyberbill

My wife and I are on holiday. I have been to Slovenia on business in the 90's and thus close to you, but never to Croatia. We are looking forward to our visit.

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 19703
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/12/2013 12:20:22 PM   
Terminus

Denmark's national football disgra... er, team lost 0-4 to Armenia in Copenhagen last night. The Armenians went one goal up after 18 SECONDS of game time. It was a 93-minute train crash.

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 19704
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/12/2013 1:11:51 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Greetings from Origins!

I say this every year. One year, I'll make it there!

Mike

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 19705
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/12/2013 1:13:44 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Symon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

In a flood processor, pulse 1 1/2 cups of flour with 2 teasploons of baking powder, 1/2 teasploon of salt and 1/4 teasploon of pepper. Pulse in the remaining 4 tablesploons of butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Whisk 1/2 cup of the stock with 1/2 cup of the sour cream and drizzle over the dry ingredients; pulse until a dough forms.

Scloop twelve 3-tablesploon-size mounds of biscuit dough over the chicken. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and the biscuits are cooked. Turn on the broiler and broil for about 2 minutes, until the biscuits are golden. Serve the goulash in bowls, splooning the biscuits on top.

Glod has had it twice and liked it. First time was just before he did Alta, Utah. You might like it too.

Yum!

Mike

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 19706
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/12/2013 1:14:43 PM   
USSAmerica

Good morning - Tithe.

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19707
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/12/2013 1:15:32 PM   
USSAmerica

Is it too soon to state that I'm ready to have my house sold now? Sick and tired of cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Gotta get it ready to list on Friday.... keep moving forward...

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19708
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/12/2013 1:16:00 PM   
USSAmerica

I haven't paid much attention lately.....

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19709
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/12/2013 1:16:37 PM   
Chickenboy

Good morning!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19710
Page:   <<   < prev  655 656 [657] 658 659   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  655 656 [657] 658 659   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI