Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unplayable on Windows 7

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> For Liberty! Support >> Unplayable on Windows 7 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unplayable on Windows 7 - 10/3/2012 2:59:15 AM   
Auchinleck

After receiving a new download link and installing this game, I have much to my disappointment found that it is unplayable on Windows 7. So many problems. Black map screens. Bounces back to main menu, with no options but to go to task bar. Nothing but a festival of frustration. This game should have been patched by now, to be able to be played like it was when it came out in 06. I'm playing it on the XP package 2 option like my pc suggests, even using just 256 colors, it still doesn't help. Your list of tech problems with this game is a nightmare of discouragement. I need a simple work around, or better yet, patch the game so you don't have to do 10 different steps to make it work!
Post #: 1
RE: Unplayable on Windows 7 - 12/7/2012 7:25:05 AM   
davidshq

I am experiencing the same issue, let me know if you learn of any resolution.
Dave

(in reply to Auchinleck)
Post #: 2
RE: Unplayable on Windows 7 - 6/8/2013 3:25:29 PM   
Agathosdaimon

this is not encouraging as i have bought Napoleon in Italy and it is doing the same thing - especially with regard to teh game crashing back to the main menu for me
i was getting the black screen but it stopped i think after i changed to the lowest res in the options, and you can play if you st the FPS to 8 in the Napoleon game. however after the tactical battles - which are really quite fun, the game will crash back to menu screen everytime

it is sad that you have received no reply since this

(in reply to davidshq)
Post #: 3
RE: Unplayable on Windows 7 - 6/17/2013 5:22:40 PM   
ChiChester

I had this same problem and no reply either :(

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 4
RE: Unplayable on Windows 7 - 6/18/2013 2:56:13 PM   
vonRocko

No surprise. They have several games that they say will run, but are not supported.

(in reply to ChiChester)
Post #: 5
RE: Unplayable on Windows 7 - 8/25/2013 3:04:37 AM   
laramieela

I sympathize with all of your comments. I have spent endless hours with the Hussars games trying to make them work. What worked for me:
Adjust your display size/scaling to 100% instead of 125% That is, it is not resolution, but screen size.
Always run in the XP or XP2 emulator.
Run as an Administrator. Windows 7 and 8 will not allow the game to perform certain functions without permission.

This may not work for you, but I now play Napoleon in Italy, For Liberty and Empires in Arms using these changes.

< Message edited by laramieela -- 8/25/2013 3:05:21 AM >

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 6
RE: Unplayable on Windows 7 - 8/25/2013 10:25:50 AM   
Agathosdaimon

cheers,

i also posted some info in the napoleon in italy thread as i got that game working fine eventually by more or less just using compatiblity settings - selecting things like disable visual themes and disable desktop composition helped.
Also if you have a computer with secondary intel graphics card like mine does (primary card is nvidia) try out running the game with one of the other as i was getting black map screens with one and not the other

(in reply to laramieela)
Post #: 7
RE: Unplayable on Windows 7 - 12/31/2013 2:38:52 PM   
InuharikoMu

On my Win 7 x64 System it runs flawless with Desktop Set to 1024*768 / Admin rights / XP SP2 Comp / And all three Visual Design Features off.

In the Comp. Tab of Course.

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 8
RE: Unplayable on Windows 7 - 5/3/2014 1:09:05 PM   
Jakerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: laramieela

I sympathize with all of your comments. I have spent endless hours with the Hussars games trying to make them work. What worked for me:
Adjust your display size/scaling to 100% instead of 125% That is, it is not resolution, but screen size.
Always run in the XP or XP2 emulator.
Run as an Administrator. Windows 7 and 8 will not allow the game to perform certain functions without permission.

This may not work for you, but I now play Napoleon in Italy, For Liberty and Empires in Arms using these changes.

These tips makes game playable at least for me. Also I need to play in 1024x768 resolution if I use 1248x1024 resolution game animation starts to lag unplayeble.

(in reply to laramieela)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> For Liberty! Support >> Unplayable on Windows 7 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI