Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection coming soon!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection coming soon! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection coming soon! - 6/21/2013 4:32:12 PM   
Philkian

Matrix Games and NorbSoftDev (www.norbsoftdev.net) are proud to announce the upcoming release of the Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection, the definitive collection of American Civil War grand tactical wargames of this generation:Scourge of War.

This special Anniversary Collection allows all American Civil War enthusiastic to experience the entire series of these great games in one epic package.

Take the places of some of the premier generals that shaped America. See if your strategy can give Lee the victory that was pulled from his grasp. Command troops from the Bloody Lane at Antietam to the chaos of Chancellorsville, from the thunderous cavalry action at Brandy Station to the alternate history battles at Pipe Creek--culminating in the epic three days of battle at Gettysburg that changed the nation. Relive the past that was, or change history to what might have been.

“After years of development and releases, the Scourge of War series has been acknowledged by the wargaming community as a classic” says Norb Timpko President of NorbSoftDev, “We wanted to create the best tribute to commemorate this date. This collection is packed with a huge amount of content so that Scourge of War: Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection is truly the best way to relive the great events of the Civil War”.

Get more information on the Scourge of War Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection from its official product page.

< Message edited by Iain McNeil -- 6/26/2013 3:36:40 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! - 6/21/2013 7:55:18 PM   
elmo3

How much and when?

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 2
RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! - 6/22/2013 11:15:51 AM   
Redmarkus5

Not sure I fully understood what this is about. Is there any new content or are there new features included? I already own all the existing SoW modules...

WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 3
RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! - 6/22/2013 6:51:45 PM   
RebBugler

Brandy Station is included, or it can be purchased alone as an add on to your present collection. Other extras are included, but I think the best bonus is the Louisiana Tigers sprite set, all packed up and compatible to the latest patch...

Attachment (1)

Designer - Scourge of War

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 4
RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! - 6/23/2013 12:07:07 PM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: RebBugler

Brandy Station is included, or it can be purchased alone as an add on to your present collection. Other extras are included, but I think the best bonus is the Louisiana Tigers sprite set, all packed up and compatible to the latest patch...

Will there be any way for existing owners to purchase and/or receive the extra content without having to re-buy everything? It would kind of stink if loyal customers who already made the investment in all the games have no way to get the extra content.

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 5
RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! - 6/24/2013 7:47:46 AM   
Redmarkus5

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: RebBugler

Will there be any way for existing owners to purchase and/or receive the extra content without having to re-buy everything? It would kind of stink if loyal customers who already made the investment in all the games have no way to get the extra content.

+1

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 6
RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! - 6/24/2013 9:46:17 AM   
IainMcNeil

I'm not sure what you mean - Brandy Station is a new expansion that will be available separately or in a pack with everything else that has already released. The Collection is for new players, there isn't really a good reason to buy it if you already have it. Much better just to buy Brandy Station on its own.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 7
RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! - 6/24/2013 9:22:47 PM   
Redmarkus5

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

I'm not sure what you mean - Brandy Station is a new expansion that will be available separately or in a pack with everything else that has already released. The Collection is for new players, there isn't really a good reason to buy it if you already have it. Much better just to buy Brandy Station on its own.

Iain,

The original post doesn't include a single word of what you just explained so thanks for clarifying - everyone will tell you I'm as thick as two planks.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 8
RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! - 6/26/2013 2:36:39 AM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

This is mentioned be RebBugler when asked about extra content...

"Other extras are included, but I think the best bonus is the Louisiana Tigers sprite set, all packed up and compatible to the latest patch... "

So are you saying these extras are included in the Brandy Station expansion, not exclusive to the 150th edition? If so, then that is great. But it kind of read to me that it was available as part of the 150th edition so just wanted to confirm.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 9
RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! - 6/26/2013 2:47:46 PM   
IainMcNeil

Sorry if it wasn't clear!

The Collection is aimed at people without any of the games already. Brandy station is an add-on just released which is also in the collection. The collection doesn't contain anything you would not get by buying the pieces individually and patching up to the latest version - we're not trying to sell you the same game twice. That would be nasty! :)

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 10
RE: Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection arrives! - 6/26/2013 2:48:00 PM   
IainMcNeil

PS - its out now!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Scourge of War 150th Anniversary Collection coming soon! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI