Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  669 670 [671] 672 673   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 2:09:43 PM   
nashvillen

An INP!!!!!

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20101
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 2:10:41 PM   
nashvillen

Congrats on the new digs, Mike. Also, sounds like you already have 1/4 to 1/3 of the move done! Always a good thing!

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20102
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 2:11:04 PM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Afternoon tithe.

Lovely weather here in Stockholm. Sitting in the sun on the balcony drinking coffee, reading and watching people passing.

Ah! People watching, a great pastime. But now, with a laptop, you can do that and play WITP:AE at the same time!

I'd love to, but I sent the turn to my esteemed opponent just 30 mins ago

< Message edited by Grollub -- 6/25/2013 2:15:11 PM >

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20103
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 2:14:41 PM   
Grollub

quote:

An INP!!!!!

Dang, missed the opportunity myself. Congrats!

ETA; Spambot.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20104
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 2:30:04 PM   
nashvillen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

quote:

An INP!!!!!

Dang, missed the opportunity myself. Congrats!

ETA; Spambot.

Why, thank you, very much!

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 20105
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 2:39:07 PM   
USSAmerica

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20106
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 4:36:28 PM   
Terminus

Welp, Company of Heroes 2 was released at 1AM CET and I played until the sun came up. Then I went to bed for a few hours, got up and played it again. I've gotten nothing done today. NOTHING!

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 20107
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 5:04:55 PM   
nashvillen

Hey T, and the problem with this is what?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 20108
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 5:12:58 PM   
Terminus

Didn't say there was a problem, did I?

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20109
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 6:59:50 PM   
Schanilec

Once again the Lord Stanley Cup will return to Grand Forks. Thank you Johnathan Toews.

This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 20110
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 7:31:15 PM   
nashvillen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Didn't say there was a problem, did I?

Just wanted to make sure you were not straying from the true path...

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 20111
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 7:42:57 PM   
USSAmerica

Hey Mike, we still need an AAR from Origins!

Mike

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20112
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 9:27:25 PM   
nashvillen

Let's see... Got there Tuesday, but one of the players were were going to start early with missed his flight to be there that afternoon and didn't get in until late that night. Wednesday around 1500 a transformer overloaded, blew, and caught fire in the back of the convention center. We had to evacuate for 4+ hours while they fixed that. So, were were about a full day behind in our gaming come Thursday morning. We forged on ahead and did as much as we could do the next three days (Thur-Sat). We didn't get as far as we wanted, but still had some satisfactory results and much cardboard was killed.

The dealer area was very full, and I found a couple of deals: Avalanche Press SOPAC and MIDWAY in shrink for $40 each. Found my wife and daughter nice t-shirts for them (tradition). Daughter got a Dr. Who shirt (she is a whovian), wife who is a great Starbucks lover got a Starbuck's Coffee t-shirt but written in Klingon and instead of the woman you normally see in the middle it was a Klingon women with two Bat'leths on each side. She got a chuckle out of it and my daughter wore her's for days before washing it. So, that was a touchdown for both of them! My son came along with me and played in the Federation Commander tournament and did better than he did last year. He also got a little more freedom in moving around the convention center and given a budget of which he kept within. So, that was great also.

Had one mechanical issue with my van, a dodge grand caravan with sto-n-go seating, MRS-1 as we call it, it overheated on an airport run. I tested to the overheating by cranking the heater to full (in 90 degree temps) and the engine temp came down. Thermostat time! Picked up my charge, a college student, and took him to the nearest auto parts store to the airport, and bought a thermostat, gasket, and small took kit, all for under $20. Took the van back to the convention center, parked it underground in a garage and left it there for about two hours. The college student's dad was the next in and we needed to get him, but I needed to change the thermostat first. Showed the college student how to do car repair in a parking garage. It wasn't pretty or nice to the old thermostat, but it worked!

Trip back was uneventful and safe. rjopel and I got a total of two turns done in a week, even though we were in the same room together and next door to each other in the hotel... That is how much we had to do.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 20113
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 9:28:52 PM   
nashvillen

double post

< Message edited by nashvillen -- 6/25/2013 9:29:15 PM >

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 20114
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 9:37:50 PM   
Grollub

quote:

Let's see... Got there Tuesday, but one of the players were were going to start early with missed his flight to be there that afternoon and didn't get in until late that night. Wednesday around 1500 a transformer overloaded, blew, and caught fire in the back of the convention center. We had to evacuate for 4+ hours while they fixed that. So, were were about a full day behind in our gaming come Thursday morning. We forged on ahead and did as much as we could do the next three days (Thur-Sat). We didn't get as far as we wanted, but still had some satisfactory results and much cardboard was killed.

The dealer area was very full, and I found a couple of deals: Avalanche Press SOPAC and MIDWAY in shrink for $40 each. Found my wife and daughter nice t-shirts for them (tradition). Daughter got a Dr. Who shirt (she is a whovian), wife who is a great Starbucks lover got a Starbuck's Coffee t-shirt but written in Klingon and instead of the woman you normally see in the middle it was a Klingon women with two Bat'leths on each side. She got a chuckle out of it and my daughter wore her's for days before washing it. So, that was a touchdown for both of them! My son came along with me and played in the Federation Commander tournament and did better than he did last year. He also got a little more freedom in moving around the convention center and given a budget of which he kept within. So, that was great also.

Had one mechanical issue with my van, a dodge grand caravan with sto-n-go seating, MRS-1 as we call it, it overheated on an airport run. I tested to the overheating by cranking the heater to full (in 90 degree temps) and the engine temp came down. Thermostat time! Picked up my charge, a college student, and took him to the nearest auto parts store to the airport, and bought a thermostat, gasket, and small took kit, all for under $20. Took the van back to the convention center, parked it underground in a garage and left it there for about two hours. The college student's dad was the next in and we needed to get him, but I needed to change the thermostat first. Showed the college student how to do car repair in a parking garage. It wasn't pretty or nice to the old thermostat, but it worked!

Trip back was uneventful and safe. rjopel and I got a total of two turns done in a week, even though we were in the same room together and next door to each other in the hotel... That is how much we had to do.

Sounds like a normal convention. Been there, done that

Congrats on having a good time

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20115
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 10:46:41 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Welp, Company of Heroes 2 was released at 1AM CET and I played until the sun came up. Then I went to bed for a few hours, got up and played it again. I've gotten nothing done today. NOTHING!

Whadaya mean 'nothing'? You played COH2 for almost 24 hours straight! That oughta count for something, dernit?

AAR, please. I assume that there's still that visceral satisfaction about machine gunning krauts that there was in the first?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 20116
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 10:47:53 PM   
Chickenboy

(Pant)(Pant) Out in the field with students all day tithe...(pant)(pant) Gotta go pick up the kids tithe...see ya

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20117
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/25/2013 11:16:32 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Whadaya mean 'nothing'? You played COH2 for almost 24 hours straight! That oughta count for something, dernit?

AAR, please. I assume that there's still that visceral satisfaction about machine gunning krauts that there was in the first?

Yep. And mortaring them. And Katyusha'ing them. And sniping them.

I've only played it for about 8 hours. Four hours last night and four more later.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20118
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/26/2013 2:46:33 AM   
Chickenboy

Dude-did you just 'verb' Katyusha?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 20119
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/26/2013 2:46:56 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've only played it for about 8 hours. Four hours last night and four more later.

So? What's your review?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 20120
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/26/2013 6:52:09 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20121
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/26/2013 11:00:57 AM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So? What's your review?

It's good. CoH was good, and CoH 2 is also good.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20122
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/26/2013 11:01:37 AM   
Terminus

quote:

Dude-did you just 'verb' Katyusha?

I did. It's also fun to T-34 the Krauts.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20123
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/26/2013 12:06:40 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So? What's your review?

It's good. CoH was good, and CoH 2 is also good.

I still prefer good old (and now improved) "Close Combat" series... IMHO much more realistic (the CoH and CoH2 are all looking to me as artificially accelerated by a factor of 2x and more)...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 20124
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/26/2013 12:25:48 PM   
Terminus

That's kinda comparing apples and oranges there, Leo. Company of Heroes has never sold itself as realistic.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 20125
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/26/2013 1:15:17 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

That's kinda comparing apples and oranges there, Leo. Company of Heroes has never sold itself as realistic.

I know Kristian... I know... but I would still love some option to slow it down (albeit this would not be accepted by many who prefer fast paced action that is enables right now)...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 20126
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/26/2013 1:46:56 PM   
tigercub

The new mod for Last Stand Arnhem ...in the close combat series...GJS is one of the best wargames made in my life time...AE the other.

Tigercub

g

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 20127
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/26/2013 2:28:12 PM   
USSAmerica

Good morning - Tithe.

Mike

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 20128
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/26/2013 2:29:05 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

Sounds like a full and fun week.

How old is your son?

Mike

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20129
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 6/26/2013 2:44:12 PM   
Grollub

Hmm ...

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 20130
Page:   <<   < prev  669 670 [671] 672 673   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  669 670 [671] 672 673   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI