Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to ... - 6/27/2013 4:05:49 AM   
grumpybubbleman

There is a space station in orbit of an enemy planet, but I need to select the planet to view the troops stationed there. The space station is completely covering the selectable planet area. How can I fix this?

< Message edited by grumpybubbleman -- 6/27/2013 4:06:10 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me... - 6/27/2013 6:41:54 AM   
Canute0

Zoom out, select the Solar system, then you can select colonized planets.

(in reply to grumpybubbleman)
Post #: 2
RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me... - 6/27/2013 9:51:17 AM   
Osito

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canute

Zoom out, select the Solar system, then you can select colonized planets.

Is there any other way to select the planet in the top right screen when in the game editor? Sometimes in these circumstances I've found the only thing to do is to delete the base. Haven't found another way to do that selection.

(in reply to Canute0)
Post #: 3
RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me... - 6/27/2013 10:08:00 AM   
pycco

i have taken to building the stations with care, on the outer rim of the planets. where your mouse is over is where the stations are built.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 4
RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me... - 6/27/2013 7:59:25 PM   
MarQan

Yes, I have had this many times, due to my centralization of research labs. Very annoying.
The drop-down selection should include plenetary objects.
Furthermore if a mining ship is working on an asteroid, I can't order a build there until it finishes. It's very annoying, especially PreWarp.

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 5
RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me... - 6/28/2013 2:37:51 AM   
necaradan666

You can grab most planets in the expansion planner or the empire navigation tool.

< Message edited by necaradan666 -- 6/28/2013 2:44:42 AM >

(in reply to MarQan)
Post #: 6
RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me... - 6/28/2013 4:14:34 AM   
grumpybubbleman

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarQan

Yes, I have had this many times, due to my centralization of research labs. Very annoying.
Furthermore if a mining ship is working on an asteroid, I can't order a build there until it finishes. It's very annoying, especially PreWarp.

How do I access the drop-down selection?

(in reply to MarQan)
Post #: 7
RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me... - 7/1/2013 6:56:48 PM   
Starke

quote:

ORIGINAL: grumpybubbleman

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarQan

How do I access the drop-down selection?

Simply left-click on the overlapped objects (ex. the planet and spaceport). It'll give you a dropdown menu to choose from.

EDIT: I just checked and planets do not appear on the drop-down menu. For this you'll have to select the planet by first selecting the system, then the planet you want from the bottom left menu, or go to the expansion planner, sort by a resource on the planet you want, list in alphabetic order, and find it that way. =/ Annoying.

Personally though, I've never seen a spaceport, even a LSP with a horde of military ships and freighters, large enough to completely block a planet. 0.o

< Message edited by Starke -- 7/1/2013 7:07:44 PM >

(in reply to grumpybubbleman)
Post #: 8
RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me... - 7/2/2013 1:15:35 PM   
Flinkebeinchen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Starke

Personally though, I've never seen a spaceport, even a LSP with a horde of military ships and freighters, large enough to completely block a planet. 0.o

I have that in every single game I play but that's not a real problem. I just select the Planet from the Colonylist usually.

(in reply to Starke)
Post #: 9
RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me... - 2/10/2014 2:59:38 PM   
Ataushu

I understand how to select the planet to look at it, but my problem is this.
I want to invade the planet, but with my invasion fleet selected, I cant tell
them to invade the planet. With the base being bigger than the planet, all I can
attack is the base, not the colony beneath. Any tips?

(in reply to Flinkebeinchen)
Post #: 10
RE: A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me... - 2/10/2014 4:46:52 PM   
Bingeling

Zoom far out so that you only see systems, not individual planets. Right click (or is it ctrl-Right click?) and select attack.... choose from the list of targets.

(in reply to Ataushu)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> A space station in orbit of a planet won't allow me to click on it? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI