Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  676 677 [678] 679 680   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 9:33:05 AM   
fodder

INP to start the day!

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 20311
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 11:24:34 AM   
Terminus

Tithe...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 20312
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 12:47:03 PM   
USSAmerica

Good morning - Tithe.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 20313
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 2:05:03 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie
Not as good as a Lanc, but nothing is Keep those pictures coming!

I thought we'd had enough of your rubbish taste in women on the Australian beauties thread, Dixie? Like there, I'll take the other side of your 'most beautiful' bet here too mate. The B-29 is elegant, slender and stately.

Besides that-baby's got back.

I have no idea what that means. The B-29 is a very nice looking aeroplane, it's in my top three bombers, I'd almost go for futuristic looking. Certainly she was futuristic when new.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20314
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 2:09:27 PM   
Schanilec

quote:

quote:

I thought we'd had enough of your rubbish taste in women on the Australian beauties thread, Dixie? Like there, I'll take the other side of your 'most beautiful' bet here too mate. The B-29 is elegant, slender and stately.

I'm afraid Dixie is suffering from a classic case of fuselage envy.

This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20315
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 2:11:06 PM   
Terminus

The Lancaster is definitely better.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 20316
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 2:20:14 PM   
AW1Steve

I'm with CB. While the Lanc is a magnificent aircraft with a proud record, appearance wise , it's a bit of an ugly duckling. Lot's of weird angles , strange bumps , and misshaped bits. The Lancaster is beautiful in it's accomplishment , but not  in aesthetics. The B-29 is beautifully shaped , graceful, and a temperamental aircraft, an Arabian horse of the airplane world (a beautiful creature , but but so temperamental and high strung that you want to hit it with a 2x4).

T, Dixie, I notice that you both wear glasses. Have either of you recently had you prescription checked?

(Put's his steel pot on and runs away , waiting for a flame war!)   

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 20317
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 2:22:48 PM   
Schanilec

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 20318
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 2:25:00 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

I'm with CB. While the Lanc is a magnificent aircraft with a proud record, appearance wise , it's a bit of an ugly duckling. Lot's of weird angles , strange bumps , and misshaped bits. The Lancaster is beautiful in it's accomplishment , but not  in aesthetics. The B-29 is beautifully shaped , graceful, and a temperamental aircraft, an Arabian horse of the airplane world (a beautiful creature , but but so temperamental and high strung that you want to hit it with a 2x4).

T, Dixie, I notice that you both wear glasses. Have either of you recently had you prescription checked?

Irrespective of looks, I'd just like to point out the the word temperamental in association with an aeroplane is, in no possible way, a good thing.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 20319
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 2:43:45 PM   
Grollub

Tithe.

Good afternoon friends.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 20320
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 2:43:56 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

8 of 10 points on the Troll Scale, Steve-O!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 20321
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 2:44:33 PM   
Grollub

quote:

I think I'll stay out of this

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 20322
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 2:59:49 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

quote:

Typical Swede, staying neutral You're as bad as the Swiss!

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 20323
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 3:23:39 PM   
Grollub

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

quote:

Typical Swede, staying neutral You're as bad as the Swiss!

Guilty as charged

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 20324
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 3:34:21 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

Irrespective of looks, I'd just like to point out the the word temperamental in association with an aeroplane is, in no possible way, a good thing.

This! And hitting it with a 2x4 can only make things worse!

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 20325
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 3:41:08 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have no idea what that means.

She's got badumpadump in the trunk.

A large tail rudder, mate.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 20326
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 3:43:43 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Just got me a nice little bonus at work tithe...

One night offer:  I'm buying tonight, folks.  Come on down!

Fingers crossed Mike!

Leo "Apollo11"

Eh? Mike didn't come over for a celebratory drink, Leo. I had one on his behalf.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 20327
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 3:47:10 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

While the Lanc is a magnificent aircraft with a proud record, appearance wise , it's a bit of an ugly duckling. Lot's of weird angles , strange bumps , and misshaped bits. The Lancaster is beautiful in it's accomplishment , but not  in aesthetics. The B-29 is beautifully shaped , graceful, and a temperamental aircraft, an Arabian horse of the airplane world (a beautiful creature , but but so temperamental and high strung that you want to hit it with a 2x4).

Well put, Steve-o. My thoughts. The Lancaster was a fantastic performer and well ahead of her time for her performance in the war. But she's akin to a B-52G with all the lumps and utilitarian bumps and projections.

Now, the Vulcan? One sharp looking and aerodynamically pleasing aircraft there. Like my honeychild the B-1B. Beautimus.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 20328
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 4:11:19 PM   
Dixie

quote:

Ah, now I see. You crazy Americans and your wacky phrases

If I was being pedantic, I might be inclined to ask "a large tail rudder" rather than what other kind of rudder? But I'm not, so I won't.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20329
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 4:26:59 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Ah, now I see. You crazy Americans and your wacky phrases

If I was being pedantic, I might be inclined to ask "a large tail rudder" rather than what other kind of rudder? But I'm not, so I won't.

Thank goodness you're not.

Were *I* pedantic, I would point out that the Lancaster has two tail rudders, so I was pointing to the singularity of this rudder rather than the dual rudder-ness that is the Lanc. So there.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 20330
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 4:34:18 PM   
nashvillen

Geesh, gone for a dentist appointment you guys break out the flamethrowers and asbestos underwear!

Good Morning, btw.

Anyone want to contribute to the price for me to fly in the B-29?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20331
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 4:53:58 PM   
nashvillen

Local newspaper has taken numerous pictures of FiFi.

http://www.dnj.com/article/20130703/MICRO0501/307030013/Planes-add-Smyrna-4th

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20332
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 4:55:54 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Geesh, gone for a dentist appointment you guys break out the flamethrowers and asbestos underwear!

Good Morning, btw.

In the highly unlikely event that I win the Euromillions lottery jackpot I'll pay for all* the Threadsters to have a ride.

*TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The word "all" refers solely to those deemed awesome enough by the original poster of this post (Dixie).
2) This is not a guarantee.
3) No contract, written or verbal is provided or implied.
4) Anyone who feels the B-29 is a better looking aircraft than the Avro Lancaster is excluded.
5) Citizens of the USA, European Union or any UN recognised nation are not eligible.
6) In the event of a flight being purchased, the recipient is deemed to have waived all rights, both personal and property related and given the original poster the legal power of attorney.
7) Additional to clause 6 (as above) in the event of a flight being purchased, the original poster reserves the right to choose any item(s) from the recipient's house that he deems 'cool' and to keep said item(s) in perpetuity.
8) AW1steve (aka Steve) is further excluded because he joined the US Navy to fly. You want to fly, join the Air Force, the Navy is for sailing and suchlike.
9) Apollo11 (aka Leo) is further excluded for posting a spanking smiley after I happened to mention that I let a pretty lady sit in a Spitfire.
10) Grollub (aka Per, aka the Swede, aka Sneaky Neutral) is further excluded for being a sneaky neutral. No-one trusts a neutral.
11) Any winner will be determined through an unpublished score based system, updated by the original poster as and when he can be bothered. The scoring will be arbitrary and the system by which points are gained or lost will change hourly.
12) The terms and exclusions listed above are not exhaustive. The original poster reserves the right to add or amend clauses and conditions as he sees fit, according to his whims.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20333
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 5:10:24 PM   
Chickenboy

Good stuff, Dixie.

Like all really good fine print, it conditions BOTH arbitrary AND capricious language. Atta boy.

ETA: I guess only Witpqs is elligible at this point. Far as I know it, Argleton is not recognized by the UN.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 7/3/2013 5:12:02 PM >

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 20334
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 5:58:32 PM   
Grollub

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Good Morning, btw.

In the highly unlikely event that I win the Euromillions lottery jackpot I'll pay for all* the Threadsters to have a ride.

*TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The word "all" refers solely to those deemed awesome enough by the original poster of this post (Dixie).
2) This is not a guarantee.
3) No contract, written or verbal is provided or implied.
4) Anyone who feels the B-29 is a better looking aircraft than the Avro Lancaster is excluded.
5) Citizens of the USA, European Union or any UN recognised nation are not eligible.
6) In the event of a flight being purchased, the recipient is deemed to have waived all rights, both personal and property related and given the original poster the legal power of attorney.
7) Additional to clause 6 (as above) in the event of a flight being purchased, the original poster reserves the right to choose any item(s) from the recipient's house that he deems 'cool' and to keep said item(s) in perpetuity.
8) AW1steve (aka Steve) is further excluded because he joined the US Navy to fly. You want to fly, join the Air Force, the Navy is for sailing and suchlike.
9) Apollo11 (aka Leo) is further excluded for posting a spanking smiley after I happened to mention that I let a pretty lady sit in a Spitfire.
10) Grollub (aka Per, aka the Swede, aka Sneaky Neutral) is further excluded for being a sneaky neutral. No-one trusts a neutral.
11) Any winner will be determined through an unpublished score based system, updated by the original poster as and when he can be bothered. The scoring will be arbitrary and the system by which points are gained or lost will change hourly.
12) The terms and exclusions listed above are not exhaustive. The original poster reserves the right to add or amend clauses and conditions as he sees fit, according to his whims.

Good stuff Martin. You should've become a lawyer instead

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 20335
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 7:08:47 PM   
Schanilec

Way to go NoDak's! #1 in the nation for beer consumption. 25.8 gal per capita. I'd like to at this time to thank all the Canadian's out there who led by example and mentored us to the #1 position. Go ahead and take a bow.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 20336
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 7:57:18 PM   
Lecivius

Holy Roses, thats a bit of booze to blow through

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 20337
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 8:55:20 PM   
sprior

That means I win! When's my flight?

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 20338
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 9:13:16 PM   
Schanilec

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Holy Roses, thats a bit of booze to blow through

I stand corrected. It's 45.8 gal per capita.

BRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 20339
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/3/2013 9:43:58 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

When's my flight?

I'll buy any of you lot that visits a flight*.

*Flight of beer samplers at "The Happy Gnome" in St. Paul. Lovely microbrew and European (mostly Belgian) brews-some 150 on tap.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 7/3/2013 9:44:33 PM >

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 20340
Page:   <<   < prev  676 677 [678] 679 680   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  676 677 [678] 679 680   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI