Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  697 698 [699] 700 701   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2013 2:14:51 PM   
nashvillen

INP!!!!!

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20941
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2013 3:14:13 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Why are the media talking to Danish politicians? The only thing happening in the world is apparently the birth of a baby somewhere...

Aye. But where was the Guardian for the umpteenth princelette born to the house of Saud this year?

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 20942
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2013 3:14:58 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

INP!!!!!

Boo!

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20943
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2013 3:42:14 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

I had to reinstall my workstation at work (Vista x64) after exactly 50 months (yep - 4+ years)... very busy and still a lot of work to be done... <SIGH>

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20944
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2013 5:12:49 PM   
USSAmerica

Ouch, Leo. That's a lot of restoring over 4 years.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 20945
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2013 10:10:16 PM   
jonreb31

Just woke up this morning and still had my AE game open from last night plastered on the monitor.. you know you're a general when you're looking at maps and divisions as soon as your eyes open.

(in reply to Victory is mine)
Post #: 20946
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 2:53:20 AM   
Victory is mine

Evening tithe.

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 20947
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 2:56:12 AM   
Victory is mine

Hoping to get in one turn this evening before I pass out. Sure are a lot fewer planes in AI. Jun 42 and I still can't mount a real impressive bomber force

Post #: 20948
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 3:23:15 AM   
jeffk3510

Sooo...homicide last night in our growing metropolis of Pratt America (5k people)...the people involved are not surprising...my office manager's husband is a cop in town and a good friend. I was best friends growing up with another cop working the shiz today.....I am about sick of hearing about it to be nice haha

I was really good buddies with one kid that is in critical condition and could die...everyone is friends with everybody till about 8, and then you know which kids are down the failure path...too bad kids don't get to pick and chose their parents..

Basically him and his brother didn't care to be called niggers (who would have thought)...so they beat up this dude, and that guy went and got his gun. Came back and and shot the one brother 4-5 times...and the gal at the house jumped in to intervene...she got shot in the head and died instantlly....they arrested the shooter and life watched the first guy (the older brother) to Wichita...word is he's paralyzed from the waist down...and in critical condition. The two brothers were not related to anyone at this house.. they're brothers.. just to keep things straight.

SO here is all the cool part.

The brother that got shot bad is a dad to my neighbors sisters kids...same sister that has 4 kids with 3 dads. She's getting ahead in life...
The gal that died was 6 months pregnant, and has 3 other kids. One of the 3 kids dad was the shooter, and she was NOT living with him at the time. She lived next door to his parents...
The other kids she had with the guys cousin...the guy who is in critical condition right now...

Sooo..the shooter who has at least this one kid (could have more..I dont know, don't care) faces attempted first degree murder, second degree murder..and whatever for killing the baby of the pregnant mom as a result)....dude's *stellar* life has now come to a screaming halt.

I don't have the balls to tell her, but this could be a chapter straight out of my wife's sister's life..

< Message edited by jeffk3510 -- 7/26/2013 3:27:44 AM >

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

Post #: 20949
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 8:23:13 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 20950
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 11:07:56 AM   
fodder

Good Morning!

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 20951
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 12:14:42 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Sooo...homicide last night in our growing metropolis of Pratt America (5k people)...the people involved are not surprising...my office manager's husband is a cop in town and a good friend. I was best friends growing up with another cop working the shiz today.....I am about sick of hearing about it to be nice haha

I was really good buddies with one kid that is in critical condition and could die...everyone is friends with everybody till about 8, and then you know which kids are down the failure path...too bad kids don't get to pick and chose their parents..

Basically him and his brother didn't care to be called niggers (who would have thought)...so they beat up this dude, and that guy went and got his gun. Came back and and shot the one brother 4-5 times...and the gal at the house jumped in to intervene...she got shot in the head and died instantlly....they arrested the shooter and life watched the first guy (the older brother) to Wichita...word is he's paralyzed from the waist down...and in critical condition. The two brothers were not related to anyone at this house.. they're brothers.. just to keep things straight.

The brother that got shot bad is a dad to my neighbors sisters kids...same sister that has 4 kids with 3 dads. She's getting ahead in life...
The gal that died was 6 months pregnant, and has 3 other kids. One of the 3 kids dad was the shooter, and she was NOT living with him at the time. She lived next door to his parents...
The other kids she had with the guys cousin...the guy who is in critical condition right now...

Sooo..the shooter who has at least this one kid (could have more..I dont know, don't care) faces attempted first degree murder, second degree murder..and whatever for killing the baby of the pregnant mom as a result)....dude's *stellar* life has now come to a screaming halt.

I don't have the balls to tell her, but this could be a chapter straight out of my wife's sister's life..

Just wow.

Mike

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 20952
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 12:15:09 PM   
USSAmerica

Good Friday morning - Tithe.

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 20953
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 12:16:44 PM   
USSAmerica

Only a half day at work today, and then it's home to pack and get ready to move most of our stuff into storage. Off work Monday and Tuesday as the movers and cleaners come Monday, then closing on the sale of our house Tuesday. We may have to have a nice lunch on Tuesday and then spend the rest of the day at the pool of our temporary apartments.

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 20954
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 1:36:07 PM   
alaviner

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Just wow.

Sounds like a very sad ending to a Jerry Springer episode.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 20955
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 2:06:51 PM   
nashvillen

Jeff, eww... It is not isolated to Kansas, I have seen similar things here in Tennessee.

Mike, will be thinking about you this weekend, long weekend ahead.

(in reply to alaviner)
Post #: 20956
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 2:07:06 PM   
nashvillen

Also, Good Morning!

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20957
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 2:07:19 PM   
nashvillen

And, it is FRIDAY!

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20958
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 2:15:48 PM   
Schanilec

quote:

Jesus Christ!

When it happens here (50k) you can almost always bet drugs and/or alcohol is the determining factor. I guessing that is the case there.
Just had one at the air base, looks to be accidental so far.

< Message edited by Schanilec -- 7/26/2013 2:16:26 PM >

This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 20959
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 2:19:57 PM   
Grollub

Hello friends.

Back in Stockholm after two (+) weeks of hiking & visiting relatives in the northern parts of Sweden.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 20960
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 2:21:03 PM   
Grollub

Followed most of the drivel here on my smart phone

Happy Birthday Leo and congrats on the new house Mike!

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 20961
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 2:26:49 PM   
Schanilec

And good morning all.
Cool this morning, 55F. Not going to see 70 today. Tonight near 40F. Summer is winding down. Tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 20962
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 2:50:10 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Jeff, eww... It is not isolated to Kansas, I have seen similar things here in Tennessee.

Mike, will be thinking about you this weekend, long weekend ahead.

I am sure.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 20963
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 2:50:30 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

quote:

Jesus Christ!

When it happens here (50k) you can almost always bet drugs and/or alcohol is the determining factor. I guessing that is the case there.
Just had one at the air base, looks to be accidental so far.

Everyone in town knows the families involved...def drugs..

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 20964
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 2:54:35 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Followed most of the drivel here on my smart phone

Happy Birthday Leo and congrats on the new house Mike!

Yeah, that's a pretty good summary of the last two weeks worth of drivel.

Thanks, Per!

Mike

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 20965
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 11:08:46 PM   
Schanilec

What? Everyone go home? That's okay, I'll catch the lights and lock-up.

Night.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 20966
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 11:31:41 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

What? Everyone go home? That's okay, I'll catch the lights and lock-up.

Night.

G'night, NoDak. Oh...you can keep your "End of Summer" observations to yourself. I'm quite content in our Summer for another 4-6 months or so.

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 20967
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 11:32:14 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Hello friends.

Back in Stockholm after two (+) weeks of hiking & visiting relatives in the northern parts of Sweden.

Sounds loverly. Pictures?

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 20968
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 11:33:10 PM   
Chickenboy

Nothing from Terminus today. Not a surprise. He's busy decking and running, knee deep in the drek, I reckon.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20969
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/26/2013 11:34:13 PM   
Chickenboy

Man, travelling with kids is exhausting! Had to take a day and a half off work after a whirlwind trip with them in Chicago. Great trip, but I feel like I've been sapped. Literally.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 20970
Page:   <<   < prev  697 698 [699] 700 701   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  697 698 [699] 700 701   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI