Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 3/22/2008 3:24:29 AM   
timshin42

May i echo the words of you guys who have already spoken? JTCS and Jason get my vote!

timshin42
"Freedom isn't free"

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 61
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 3/22/2008 3:39:33 AM   
1925frank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Merely a flea in the tail of a bear, I am.

Jason Petho

I mean no disrespect to the other contributors, but that's either a very large flea or a very small bear.

It's great there's a team. I can't imagine taking this on alone.

Post #: 62
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 3/22/2008 5:41:38 AM   
Gem35

Three cheers for Jason petho, doesn't his name just roll of your tongue??
I find myself at work or just daydreaming saying his name....

< Message edited by Gem35 -- 3/22/2008 5:42:50 AM >

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 63
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 3/25/2008 5:13:14 PM   
auHobbes37

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ladmo

We'd be nowhere - tthat is where we'd be.

Is it permissible to offer a nugget of praise to Wyatt, Asiaticus, and the rest as well? All top notch. All heroes. All gentlemen. Their work is why I am not interested in hybrid concoctions with borrowed graphics and the such. I get what I want right here. It may have its flaws - and boy, does it - but the CS offers more than just a dry sim. It is a world unto itself wherein I have had many happy adventures. With what has happened already, I wait with baited breath for 1.03. I am in a paroxsymally delightful agony waiting on this puppy.

To all in the CS Legion...

I doff my beret to all of you and if I could drink I would put down a Guiness on your collective behalf...

Very well said!!!!

Absolutely.

I spent many an hour playing Panzerblitz, Squad Leader and its variants and Panzer Leader back in the day (and my wife "forgot" to pack them so they are gone) --- and it was just about that time my brother shows up with a CD and says "hey look at this -- is like Panzerblitz" and we spent a while playing "Checking the Blitzkreig" (and unfortunately I managed to "disable" a T-34 with my 150 mm infantry gun... which lead me to believe it was an effective AT weapon--- it was about a year later that I got WF and read the appendix about HE vs. Armor and realized that that was a lucky shot and I was wasting HE against tanks).

Is it the perfect game system? No. Has it provided hours of entertainment and diversion for me? Yes.

So hip hip for Jason and all others.

And as far as H. Blak goes, I hope that something is being lost in the translation, because if its not, then I agree with Big Dawg. Despite his being a Dawg.

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 64
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 6/28/2008 3:20:02 AM   
Gem35

Thanks again Jason Petho!!!!

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to auHobbes37)
Post #: 65
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 6/28/2008 6:55:36 AM   
timshin42

For Jason: Hoo-rah! Hoo-rah! Hoo-rah!

timshin42
"Freedom isn't free"

(in reply to awc)
Post #: 66
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 6/29/2008 1:56:42 AM   
Geomitrak

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gem35

I think you've spent too much time at sea on that aircraft carrier, matey.

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 67
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 6/29/2008 7:57:54 PM   
Gem35

quote:

ORIGINAL: Geomitrak

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gem35

I think you've spent too much time at sea on that aircraft carrier, matey.

What can I say, I am a happy guy.

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to Geomitrak)
Post #: 68
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/26/2013 9:24:41 AM   
Hermann

quote:

quote:

Thanks for all the kind words, gentlemen. It is appreciated.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hermann
Where do we see CS going in the next 3-5 years and will Jason even be at the helm ? I wouldn't expect it from him - he has done his part.

I have been active with the Campaign Series since it came out in 1997 and don't plan on going anywhere.

The future of the Campaign Series is already in the works behind the scenes.

Jason Petho

Jason: Don't bother with these few pesky flies circling around the garbage dump. We know you are here to stay and we DO appreciate EVERYTHING you do for the sim and for it's users.

Hermann: Your hero worship is sadly misplaced. Let's see...you said "Back to the title of the post..." Okay....the TITLE of the post is "Three Cheers for Jason Petho". Now, where in the heck does it say anything about criticizing the 1.03 patch or listening to Mr. blah blah blah Balck and his pre-release criticisms. And if you can't see his criticism read this a few times over..."I hope, this is all full funktionally and not write with an ResHacker-programm"?
I'm not criticizing Balck's English. I AM crirticizing his opinionated know-it-all attitude and his OFF TOPIC comments. Let me try and get it through your thick head again....this is NOT a thread about mods or suggestions for changes. There are OTHER posts for that. This thread is about our heartfelt thanks to a guy that has busted his butt for the sim and those who use it. If you don't have anything nice to say about Jason, then DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!!!

Dep

OK now can we talk reality ?

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 69
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/26/2013 12:09:29 PM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hermann
OK now can we talk reality ?

Reality?
That you and Mr. Dumbassrocks are still, after all this time, A$$holes?

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 70
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/26/2013 10:55:56 PM   
tide1530

Ed,Ed,Ed You can't unscramble scrambled eggs. The frustrated ex-STASSI informant and his idiot cousin are always up for a little stupidity

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 71
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/27/2013 1:49:23 AM   
Deputy

You people are pathetic. You live and die waiting for me to post something here so that you can say something "cute" or nasty in reply. Move on people. This sim is dead and buried. Get a freaking life besides kissing the butt of a guy who couldn't care less about you or this vaporware. Tiller IS updating his other releases. Nothing is being done with this one except for one guy trying to figure out this mess. You'll all be in your graves and still be kissing butt for an update.

Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series

(in reply to tide1530)
Post #: 72
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/27/2013 12:39:22 PM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

You people are pathetic. You live and die waiting for me to post something here so that you can say something "cute" or nasty in reply. Move on people. This sim is dead and buried. Get a freaking life besides kissing the butt of a guy who couldn't care less about you or this vaporware. Tiller IS updating his other releases. Nothing is being done with this one except for one guy trying to figure out this mess. You'll all be in your graves and still be kissing butt for an update.

The irony of the post.
I thought you were done and not going to bother posting about CS?

Use Chapstick if you are going to be kissing butt. But, that would then be a butt kissing a butt. Will wet wipes work better?

The horror. The horror.

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 73
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/27/2013 1:17:13 PM   
Warhorse

Yawn, same old crap, I see.. Yeah, abandoned, is why Slitherine just signed myself and others for the devel team....officially... I keep coming over here periodically to see if anything is constructive going on, but alas is still always negative bashing. The programmer is making leaps and bounds BTW, so don't give up on it.

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 74
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/27/2013 2:15:33 PM   
wings7

The Campaign Series and related are in good hands! Ignore all the negative comments! Rome was not built in a day and good things happen to all that wait!

Patrick

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 75
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/27/2013 2:16:09 PM   
Warhorse

Indeed they do!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 76
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/27/2013 2:54:04 PM   
Deputy

Rome????? ROFLMAO!!! First off this sim is almost as OLD as Rome and still has the same problems it had back in it's early days. More new members of the "development team". Just what EXACTLY are you "developing"? This thing doesn't need development. It needs an "error/bug correction" team. As in that STILL ONGOING bug of the AI trucks and command vehicles burning off movement points. Oh wait...nobody plays against the AI...I forgot. So that bug just gets shoved aside in favor of things like troops holding horses reins. I wonder how many "development teams" this sim has had since it's inception? What happened to the other guy that was just hired and that everyone prased as the rescuer of this mess? Did he quit already? Or is the development team now as big as all of Matrix? Oh yeah...you guys are working for "gratis". What that translates into is things will be fixed when you get "a round toit". Haven't seen any round toits, so that equates to probably never.
Why do I keep posting here? I'll counter that question with "why do people continue to attack comments I made YEARS ago?" If people would just STFU and stop dredging up ancient history, I wouldn't keep replying to their silly posts. I haven't unsubscribed to this thread and a couple of others in the (vain) hope that a patch promised YEARS ago might actually show up. But instead of a patch, we get more guys being assigned to "development teams" doing god-knows what. Let me just repeat for those that skimmed by it...it's been YEARS, soon to be a DECADE, since the patch was promised. And we still have zip, nada, zero in the form of patches.

Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 77
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/27/2013 4:18:47 PM   
Jason Petho

Aww, muffin.

It will be OK.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 78
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/27/2013 6:30:35 PM   
LoneWulf63

quote:

Aww, muffin.

It will be OK.

Jason Petho

Ha, ha....'muffin' that is rich.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.

Post #: 79
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/27/2013 6:46:35 PM   
wings7

quote:

Rome????? ROFLMAO!!! First off this sim is almost as OLD as Rome and still has the same problems it had back in it's early days. More new members of the "development team". Just what EXACTLY are you "developing"? This thing doesn't need development. It needs an "error/bug correction" team. As in that STILL ONGOING bug of the AI trucks and command vehicles burning off movement points. Oh wait...nobody plays against the AI...I forgot. So that bug just gets shoved aside in favor of things like troops holding horses reins. I wonder how many "development teams" this sim has had since it's inception? What happened to the other guy that was just hired and that everyone prased as the rescuer of this mess? Did he quit already? Or is the development team now as big as all of Matrix? Oh yeah...you guys are working for "gratis". What that translates into is things will be fixed when you get "a round toit". Haven't seen any round toits, so that equates to probably never.
Why do I keep posting here? I'll counter that question with "why do people continue to attack comments I made YEARS ago?" If people would just STFU and stop dredging up ancient history, I wouldn't keep replying to their silly posts. I haven't unsubscribed to this thread and a couple of others in the (vain) hope that a patch promised YEARS ago might actually show up. But instead of a patch, we get more guys being assigned to "development teams" doing god-knows what. Let me just repeat for those that skimmed by it...it's been YEARS, soon to be a DECADE, since the patch was promised. And we still have zip, nada, zero in the form of patches.

In all due respect to you I must make some comments to your post here. Yes, the errors and bugs need to be fixed (the AI trucks and command vehicles) and some others but the good points of the game certainly outweigh the negative points. I am confident these errors will be fixed in time, that involves patience, something that you seem to lack. If you have some program experience or ideas why don't you help to fix these errors, I wish I had that talent because I would certainly try to help. This game is a labor of love, so like a child in his teens the game will eventually grow up and be pretty much error free. If you don't have the patience why don't you stick with Squad Battles (a excellent game!) and stop with all the negative comments about our beloved Campaign Series...we need encouragement, ideas and program help above all! Happy Gaming to you!

Patrick

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 80
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/27/2013 6:57:13 PM   
LoneWulf63

quote:

There is an old proverb that is very appropriate as it concerns you, "A man that speaks with a broad tongue, thinks with a narrow mind." Question. Do you gripe as much in your everyday life as you do about this game and the 1.05 patch? If so, you must be a real joy to be around. I also remember you gripping about the work being done on MW and that you had no interest in it. I've got startling news for you, you aren't the center of the JTCS world. Why don't you like playing PBEM games? I think I know the answer but I will not assume what it be. If you are going to leave this particular forum, then do us all a favor and do it. Your complaining serves absolutely no purpose at all.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 81
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/27/2013 7:09:38 PM   
junk2drive

I'm still wondering what system Herman has to remind him to post to a thread five years later???

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 82
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/27/2013 9:33:39 PM   
Warhorse

He doesn't like SB either... Any for that matter that you can't edit...

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 83
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/28/2013 2:07:59 AM   
LoneWulf63

Patrick,

I asked him the same question about helping solve the problem rather than gripping about it and got the same answer, as in no answer. I have 0% tolerance for people like him, absolutely 0. I for one, will not respond to any more of his comments, even though I have stated so in the past. As for Jason and the rest of the JTCS development team, I know they are doing the best that they can with a program that is well over 10 years old. She is a fine old gaming lady and I will be playing it, making maps and scenarios, and making mods (within in my limited ability) for many years to come.

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

quote:

In all due respect to you I must make some comments to your post here. Yes, the errors and bugs need to be fixed (the AI trucks and command vehicles) and some others but the good points of the game certainly outweigh the negative points. I am confident these errors will be fixed in time, that involves patience, something that you seem to lack. If you have some program experience or ideas why don't you help to fix these errors, I wish I had that talent because I would certainly try to help. This game is a labor of love, so like a child in his teens the game will eventually grow up and be pretty much error free. If you don't have the patience why don't you stick with Squad Battles (a excellent game!) and stop with all the negative comments about our beloved Campaign Series...we need encouragement, ideas and program help above all! Happy Gaming to you!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 84
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/28/2013 2:19:37 AM   
Warhorse

Yeah, me too, he's childish and not worth my time.

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 85
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/28/2013 2:32:06 AM   
budd

March on guys...I always come back to this game. I'm really excited about the changes in the developer diaries. All your guys work is appreciated, thx.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 86
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/28/2013 12:39:44 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

I'm still wondering what system Herman has to remind him to post to a thread five years later???

Yeah me too, notice a "new thread" only to see it's five years old .. and what do you know I'm smack in the middle of a mudslinging contest?? What?
I agree with Resinslinger here, she's a fine old gaming lady, any work or patch done would be great.
If this game dies from old age then so be it, if work continues then all the better.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 87
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/28/2013 2:09:03 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: resinslinger

Patrick,

I asked him the same question about helping solve the problem rather than gripping about it and got the same answer, as in no answer. I have 0% tolerance for people like him, absolutely 0. I for one, will not respond to any more of his comments, even though I have stated so in the past. As for Jason and the rest of the JTCS development team, I know they are doing the best that they can with a program that is well over 10 years old. She is a fine old gaming lady and I will be playing it, making maps and scenarios, and making mods (within in my limited ability) for many years to come.

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

quote:

Patrick

Chris, I totally agree and I will be playing The Campaign Series for many years to come. Thanks for all your hard work and effort (I'm sure it is a labor of love for you too) and for all who work on this grand game!

Patrick

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 88
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/28/2013 10:07:39 PM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

And we still have zip, nada, zero in the form of patches.

We, still have zip, nada, zero in the form of contributions from Old Deputy Dawg?
Gosh, if Jason had a nickel for every gripe he could hire a staff of programmers and knock this stuff out.

And, the AI does what the AI does. It is not "a bug" that HQ's and trucks move to use up their ap's. But it sure bugs you, eh? Grow a pair and try PBEM.

RR

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 89
RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro - 7/29/2013 1:03:39 PM   
LoneWulf63

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

quote:

And we still have zip, nada, zero in the form of patches.

We, still have zip, nada, zero in the form of contributions from Old Deputy Dawg?
Gosh, if Jason had a nickel for every gripe he could hire a staff of programmers and knock this stuff out.

And, the AI does what the AI does. It is not "a bug" that HQ's and trucks move to use up their ap's. But it sure bugs you, eh? Grow a pair and try PBEM.
RR

He doesn't play PBEM because he knows that even a semi-competent player could easily kick his butt.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI