Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

awc -> Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/11/2008 3:34:44 AM)

Jason, Now that all the fussing has slowed down a bit i want to take a moment to say thanks for all you've done for us and the game. No matter what happens with CS win lose or draw i think you have done a hell of a job and are a hell of a darn Hero in my book. Now all of you fellas out there know that Jason is not the kind of guy to toot his own horn, so i will do it for him and i want to challenge all of you out there to do so too! Let Jason know what you think for all his hard work both now and in the future. Three Cheers to Jason! Thanks big guy.

sabre1 -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/11/2008 3:36:59 AM)

You are the man Jason! Thanks for all the hard work, way beyond the call of duty.

Jason Petho -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/11/2008 3:40:49 AM)

Too kind, gentlemen, too kind.

Wait 'til you see what's coming with 1.03!!

Hopefully there will be smiles all around.

Thank you muchly!!
Jason Petho

e_barkmann -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/11/2008 5:11:41 AM)

+1 for The CS Dude [:D]

klhbekool -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/11/2008 5:15:42 AM)

I agree. Jason, Great Job. Thanks for being there for us when we have questions or problems. I salute you.

wings7 -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/11/2008 10:30:25 PM)

Your knowledge and understanding of the CS and us players...well, that's one reason I've enjoyed playing this great series and I look forward to the new update! Thanks for all you have done, Jason.

Patrick

Deputy -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/12/2008 1:06:12 AM)

Add me to the list that appreciates all Jason's work. THANK YOU!!! [:)]

Warhorse -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/12/2008 1:28:22 AM)

NS, I think he actually lives online too, you just can't beat his fast answers!!![&o]

Mike

michammer -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/12/2008 4:22:10 AM)

I'd like to add my thanks and appreciation to Jason for all his hard work.

Jason Petho -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/12/2008 5:14:04 AM)

Just because you guys are so nice, here is a bit of a teaser for the 1.03 UPDATE.

Questions will be answered AFTER the official 1.03 impending annoucement has been made.

Jason Petho

[image]local://upfiles/12395/D869FBD1C583473FA29BFC68EA094A32.jpg[/image]

Deputy -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/12/2008 5:42:26 AM)

All I can say is [X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(]

countblue -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/12/2008 2:03:40 PM)

If I had a company of german infantry IŽd comamnd a salute right now for the honorable Mr. Jason Petho.

"Achtung, Feuer" !!!

We need a saluting Smiley....

vadersson -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/12/2008 2:19:13 PM)

Sweet, Engineers in action!  Once again a great job by Jason and friends!  I am so looking forward to 1.03.

Thanks,
Duncan

The Rattler -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/13/2008 8:03:48 AM)

sounds great to me and all efforts by those involved are very much appreciated.....cheers !    [&o]

Mraah -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/13/2008 9:29:28 AM)

Great screen shot Jason!!

I see there are no trucks! Oh wait, my attention should be on the new engineer abilities ... HORAAAY !!!!

Haha.

Much appreciate the work done by you and the whole Matrix Beta Team!!

What can we do to give us another screen shot?? Does your car need washing?

Rob

Mraah -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/13/2008 9:34:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: awc

Jason, Now that all the fussing has slowed down a bit i want to take a moment to say thanks for all you've done for us and the game. No matter what happens with CS win lose or draw i think you have done a hell of a job and are a hell of a darn Hero in my book. Now all of you fellas out there know that Jason is not the kind of guy to toot his own horn, so i will do it for him and i want to challenge all of you out there to do so too! Let Jason know what you think for all his hard work both now and in the future. Three Cheers to Jason! Thanks big guy.

awc,

You forgot to prompt everyonefor the 3 cheers ;

HIP HIP ...

Ron Belcher -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/13/2008 2:20:30 PM)

No 3 cheers!! That's bad luck... (remembering the movie, "Memphis Belle") [:-]
None the less... awesome work JP! [&o]

countblue -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/13/2008 2:35:57 PM)

Some questions:
Will there be a probabilty chance for building this bridge?

Depending on ?
Like "no construction if under fire" or if "unit disrupted".

Is the same thing posibble for a full hexside river (only technically speaking)?

jreebel -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/14/2008 8:56:38 PM)

Definitely cheering for Jason also! It's amazing the amount of time and talent he can put into this stuff!

[&o][&o]

AZKGungHo -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/14/2008 9:43:12 PM)

Jason - you are a tireless worker in the CS fields - well done!!  [&o]

Dumnorix -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/14/2008 9:44:23 PM)

Oh ....Wauuuu
Build light hexside bridge, Lay Vehicle Bridge, Lay Mine field and Build a Barrier.
This are very very nice new features !!! I hope, this is all full funktionally and not write with an ResHacker-programm ! Than, I will give you many many respect for this new big features.

What is with lay trench ? How many rounds need the special pioneer-units for this new actions ??

It is possible to insert new graphicslots (Fords3d/4d/5d)for these new features. That would be very helpfully for my JTCS meets PG3D-addons!

Thanks Jason Petho - very good work

H.Balck

PS: I need new graphic-slots (500-1000% more slots)for all the bmp-graphic-files !!! Than I can produce a new map-engine like google-earth (1km-view).
Here are my ideas - I give this matrix-games for one year - for my dream JTCS meets PG3D:
http://files.filefront.com/new+Ideaszip/;9817665;/fileinfo.html

Arkady -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/15/2008 11:16:44 AM)

if you are so great, why are you using stolen graphic and reverse engineered game engine for your work ? Why don't you create your own engine ? 

Dumnorix -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/15/2008 12:18:30 PM)

Hallo Arkady[:@][:-]
I am a main school teacher, old historian and archaeologist, not an Programmer.
In my occupations I am professional, but as Programmer only one amateur - that exceeds my abilities!
Without engine-code from Matrix or Talonsoft I can't change the exe-codes.
JTCS - its my personally hobby ! I make this in my Spare time.

H.Balck

Deputy -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/15/2008 5:15:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arkady

if you are so great, why are you using stolen graphic and reverse engineered game engine for your work ? Why don't you create your own engine ? 

Good point. It all boils down to "some people would gripe if you hung them with a new rope".

big dawg -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/15/2008 8:35:27 PM)

Another government school indoctrination.  [sm=crazy.gif]

Perhaps you should consider taking a class in manners & etiquette instead of bashing the game you copied.

timshin42 -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/15/2008 11:25:30 PM)

Please find another forum or make your own.

timshin42 -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/15/2008 11:26:34 PM)

Please, please find another forum, or make your own!

rickier65 -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/15/2008 11:36:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dumnorix

Oh ....Wauuuu
Build light hexside bridge, Lay Vehicle Bridge, Lay Mine field and Build a Barrier.
This are very very nice new features !!! I hope, this is all full funktionally and not write with an ResHacker-programm ! Than, I will give you many many respect for this new big features.

What is with lay trench ? How many rounds need the special pioneer-units for this new actions ??

It is possible to insert new graphicslots (Fords3d/4d/5d)for these new features. That would be very helpfully for my JTCS meets PG3D-addons!

Thanks Jason Petho - very good work

H.Balck

I hope folks can be a bit more accepting. Dumnorix is a fan, just like most of us. His comments above are certainly not "slamming" anyone.

And yes, I've followed most of the threads here and have read other posts and threads with his commments. I initally thought some of his comments were a bit abrasive, but perhaps part of the problem is that English is his 2nd (or maybe 3rd language), and some of what he says doesn't quite come out the way it's meant.

Rick

And by the way Jason, I'll add my 3 cheers as well! I'm waiting patiently for the .03 update.

Deputy -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/15/2008 11:50:38 PM)

You may be right about him not having a good command of English. But I think most of us got the message loud and clear. I have also seen his threads, and after reading most of them, I thought "what an a**". But I kept it to myself. Making a wiseacre comment in THIS thread is about as low class as it gets. [image]http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/micons/m7.gif[/image]

Hermann -> RE: Three Cheers for Jason Pethro (3/16/2008 12:03:06 AM)

I thought H. Balcks comments were appropriate, enthusiastic and supportive - he sounds genuinely pleased about the new additions, shared his ideas and made a reasonable request for more graphics. The rabid Balck haters weve got running around this site slamming him every time he posts on the other hand I find pathetically offensive. I read every one of Balcks posts, I love anyone with his passion, attention to detail and creativity. anyone that has seen the results of his efforts would share his vision. This is a 3 cheeers for Jason thread.. Love jason to death as well but hey... lets compare track records here... Balck wins it hands down. One word of criticism on Jason and the whole forum goes silly for a month wagging fingers and shaming me. Been around a year. We had a faulty release, faultier patch, OOB nightmare unresolved.. the list goes on. So far no fix patch is available to even make the game playeable while waiting for the next patch... Balcks mod on the other hand is very professionally done, ready to fire up NOW and infinitely playeable, but everyones in his face. Jason's learned a lot from his mistakes and has spent a lot of time and effort providing support and coordinating the new patch...
excellent work there. However the problems will continue until he realises that he needs to reign in his tendency to create new problems. Major OOB changes etc.. in the second patch when it was apparent that game mechanics weren't working was a bad call. Adding small units to the campaigns was a bad move. - as options for scenario design I agree with a lot of the OOB changes - I can't wait to dig in. But I feel that Jason's absolutely neglected the Campaign playing userbase. Many elements have combined to make the campaigns thoroughly unplayeable. I understand a lot of fixes are being promised in the next update.. and thats cool. But lets put off building Jason statues and cursing the foul infidel H. Balck until we see just how much Jason has learned from his previous experience and whether he has actually committed to a strategic plan to address campaign issues from setup to OOB to awards to savegame errors to lack of autosave or backup files in case of ctd or possible multiplayer campaigns.

Jason's worked hard and talked a lot, but so far I've yet to see the beef. And I'm not going to sit around while people start deifying him and hounding H. Balck.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI