Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Infantry Toughness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Infantry Toughness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Infantry Toughness - 2/23/2001 8:46:00 AM   
appunk

Perhaps this was elsewhere in the manual and I missed it. . . The manual says (regarding the infantry toughness option on the prefs screen) "Infantry casualtie are divided by this value with 100% being 1.0" Does this mean that toughness only reduces the number of casualties? No change whatsoever is made to the amount of suppression inflicted, either by exchanging casualties for suppresion or by dividing suppression by the value? I ask, because I'd like to reduce the number of absolute casualties inflicted by infantry fire, but still allow it to be effective in pinning down troops. . . . Thanks for any help!

Post #: 1
- 2/24/2001 2:30:00 PM   
Stuart Millis

good question

(in reply to appunk)
Post #: 2
- 2/24/2001 11:57:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Yes, although in some circumstances inf toughness can "save" some casualties (in cases of things like casualties to other units when in the same hex) The whole casualty producing mechanism is very "non-linear" (one of our problems tweaking it) but you can experiement with the increasing infantry toughness and reducing "rout rally" and should get the effect you are seeking.

(in reply to appunk)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Infantry Toughness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI