Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  700 701 [702] 703 704   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 2:10:00 PM   
nashvillen

Also, INP!!!!

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 21031
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 2:16:06 PM   
alaviner

Good morning tithe
Just got the results from my annual physical, I always knew I was above normal. I now have the proof, my total cholesterol was 224 . I see a lot of skinless grilled chicken and exercise in my future.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 21032
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 3:05:03 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Also, INP!!!!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 21033
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 3:28:58 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCSUforest

Good morning tithe
Just got the results from my annual physical, I always knew I was above normal. I now have the proof, my total cholesterol was 224 . I see a lot of skinless grilled chicken and exercise in my future.

What was the HDL/LDL breakdown there, chief? My total is a shade north of 200, but my physician isn't concerned because of the (unusual) very high "good cholesterol": "bad cholesterol" ratio.

(in reply to alaviner)
Post #: 21034
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 3:30:12 PM   
Chickenboy

And a good morning tithe to you lot.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21035
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 7:25:23 PM   
Terminus

The Penguin's getting overconfident, I think. It's only 4/42 and he just landed on Ceylon.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 21036
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 7:45:59 PM   
Chickenboy

Well, if you're going to land on Ceylon, late March-early April 1942 is a good time to do it. Did he get a foothold before the expiration of the amphibious landing? Where did he choose to make his main landing?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21037
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 9:16:30 PM   
Terminus

He has a foothold at Koggala, but I'm not sure how solid yet. The Eastern Fleet was annihilated in a surface battle, five ****ing battleships lost!

The only reason my carriers weren't lost in because they're in Australia, preparing for another fight.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21038
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 9:23:35 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

He has a foothold at Koggala, but I'm not sure how solid yet. The Eastern Fleet was annihilated in a surface battle, five ****ing battleships lost!

The only reason my carriers weren't lost in because they're in Australia, preparing for another fight.

You playing scenario 2?

And I assume you meant the RN Eastern Fleet just took a dirt nap?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21039
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 9:33:00 PM   
Terminus

Yes and yes.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21040
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 10:02:32 PM   
Chickenboy

Ceylon as a 'destination vacation' for the IJA is very much in play in March-April 1942, IMO. Steve-o took some lumps here in our game.

You got plans across the globe? If he brings his entire IJA to play at Ceylon, whatcha got cooking for the Gilberts or Aleutians?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21041
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 10:04:06 PM   
Terminus

Earlier in the war he invaded New Caledonia and broke the sea supply line from CONUS to Oz; I've just launched an operation to retake it. That's why the most modern units of the Royal Navy aren't at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21042
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 10:05:15 PM   
alaviner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Good morning tithe

What was the HDL/LDL breakdown there, chief? My total is a shade north of 200, but my physician isn't concerned because of the (unusual) very high "good cholesterol": "bad cholesterol" ratio.

good 82 : bad 142

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21043
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 10:40:29 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good morning tithe

good 82 : bad 142

Eesh...

Rx for dinner: Lipitor shooter with skinless chicken breast, small salad (no dressing) and vegetable medley (no butter). Sorry dude.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 7/30/2013 10:42:15 PM >

(in reply to alaviner)
Post #: 21044
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 11:14:41 PM   
Terminus

Looks like he landed at least 45000 guys at Koggala. The short division I have on the island is not going to be able to handle that.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21045
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 11:58:30 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Looks like he landed at least 45000 guys at Koggala. The short division I have on the island is not going to be able to handle that.

Yeah, you're a goner. Sure hope you don't get a bunch of your primo AAA, HQ units and other base forces liquidated in situ, Allied dog.

That's a really nice thing about Ceylon. No retreat for the Allies! They're all gone. Buh-bye. Surrender en masse.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 7/30/2013 11:59:12 PM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21046
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/30/2013 11:59:45 PM   
Terminus

What'll be interesting is whether or not he pushes onward and lands in India itself. The Penguin is going for 1942 auto victory, methinks.

Also, shut up.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21047
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 12:05:12 AM   
Chickenboy

Neener neener.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21048
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 3:24:42 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

What'll be interesting is whether or not he pushes onward and lands in India itself.

Alright, what's your point differential at this time? 4:1 is pretty tough to manage by January 1, 1943. As for land points, capturing some of India is doable. The problem is reliably hanging onto it until 1 January 1943. Doable for SE India, maybe. Unlikely for Bombay or Karachi.

I still maintain that killing Allied troops is the surest way to Jimmy up the score in year 1. Those points don't get taken away. Taking land can be nice, but the Japs have really got to be wary of overextension.

Chungking, Sian, those two northern Chinese oil-producing cities, Noumea, PM-good value propositions for VPs in 1942. Ceylon for the troop capture points. The usual suspects within the DEI for the obvious reasons.

I'm kind of noodling New Zealand for the troop victory points and the land VPs. I don't want to keep it forever. I just want to keep it until 1 January 1943. Is that too much to ask?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21049
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 7:27:47 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21050
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 10:16:08 AM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

What'll be interesting is whether or not he pushes onward and lands in India itself.

Alright, what's your point differential at this time? 4:1 is pretty tough to manage by January 1, 1943. As for land points, capturing some of India is doable. The problem is reliably hanging onto it until 1 January 1943. Doable for SE India, maybe. Unlikely for Bombay or Karachi.

I still maintain that killing Allied troops is the surest way to Jimmy up the score in year 1. Those points don't get taken away. Taking land can be nice, but the Japs have really got to be wary of overextension.

Chungking, Sian, those two northern Chinese oil-producing cities, Noumea, PM-good value propositions for VPs in 1942. Ceylon for the troop capture points. The usual suspects within the DEI for the obvious reasons.

I'm kind of noodling New Zealand for the troop victory points and the land VPs. I don't want to keep it forever. I just want to keep it until 1 January 1943. Is that too much to ask?

Unfortunately, the differential is above 3:1 in his favour. I have to start doing some damage NOW.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21051
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 12:10:22 PM   
fodder

Good Morning!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21052
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 12:24:58 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Unfortunately, the differential is above 3:1 in his favour. I have to start doing some damage NOW.

Were I playing the Allies, I'd seriously consider ANYTHING that is likely to result in less than a 4:1 point exchange. You've got to blunt the ratio. This calls for an all-out attack in most areas. Every plane that you can bring down (at <4:1 losses), every ship that you sink pulls him further from the 4:1 brink.

Doesn't this argue for a carrier battle-right now? Seriously-do you think that a concerted effort to engage KB would result in a >4:1 Japanese victory? I think that an unlikely outcome. Even at this early stage of the war.

Do try to not feed him any more R-class BBs though, will ya?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21053
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 12:26:23 PM   
Chickenboy

Oh. Good morning tithe.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21054
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 12:47:17 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lost cause perhaps Kristian?

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21055
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 1:45:16 PM   
Schanilec

Good morning all.

This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 21056
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 1:50:31 PM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Were I playing the Allies, I'd seriously consider ANYTHING that is likely to result in less than a 4:1 point exchange. You've got to blunt the ratio. This calls for an all-out attack in most areas. Every plane that you can bring down (at <4:1 losses), every ship that you sink pulls him further from the 4:1 brink.

Doesn't this argue for a carrier battle-right now? Seriously-do you think that a concerted effort to engage KB would result in a >4:1 Japanese victory? I think that an unlikely outcome. Even at this early stage of the war.

Do try to not feed him any more R-class BBs though, will ya?

Well, I haven't got any more... He's not sent the entire KB forward into the IO, and I've sent all my available CV's to the New Caledonia op. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Also, shut up.

EDIT: And now his I-Boats sank the Yorktown. Second US CV sunk by IJN sub in this war. GRRRRR...

< Message edited by Terminus -- 7/31/2013 2:38:27 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21057
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 1:51:01 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lost cause perhaps Kristian?

Leo "Apollo11"

I'll surrender when he wins auto-victory. Not a second before.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 21058
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 2:02:24 PM   
nashvillen

Nice, the Tread and an AAR! Bonus!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21059
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/31/2013 2:02:42 PM   
nashvillen

Oh, and while I am at it...

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 21060
Page:   <<   < prev  700 701 [702] 703 704   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  700 701 [702] 703 704   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI