Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dot Base build

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Dot Base build Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dot Base build - 8/14/2013 1:05:12 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

Hello, since 8 days, I try to build a dot base w 0(0) and 0(0) to 1(0) & 1(0). I know, its gonna be a hard time and it will take ages. I have one EAB Unit there in combat mode.

But since day 1 the "%" marks stay put and dont move a single%. The unit was brought by AMP TF and is in combat mode.

Supply is 487, it was slight above 500.

What is stopping the ENG unit to complete their orders ? Enemy is nearby as it happens around Kwajalein Atoll which I plan to invade soon. I was just thinking that an AF 1 size nearby will help alot.

thank you.

Post #: 1
RE: Dot Base build - 8/14/2013 1:25:00 PM   
JeffroK

Lots more supply needed, I assume you are on/near Bikini, these very, very small atolls need a lot of work to improve.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 2
RE: Dot Base build - 8/14/2013 1:32:25 PM   
Peever

Is it worth building up such a poor base? Seems like it will take a long time and cost a lot of supply for only a size one port or airfield.

"Sergeant the Spanish bullet isn't made that will kill me," Bucky O'Neil seconds before receiving a fatal shot to the head at the battle of San Juan Hill.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 3
RE: Dot Base build - 8/14/2013 2:18:13 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peever

Is it worth building up such a poor base? Seems like it will take a long time and cost a lot of supply for only a size one port or airfield.

Depends upon your strategic situation but you'll never need very many. They can provide a small refuelling base particularly if you put an AO there as well. You can operate small suface ships DDs and below with an AD and subs with a AS parked there. For air purposes they will provide facilities for air search, CAP, LRCAP, TB and DBs. Level 1 is required for CAP, 2 preferably 3 for anything else.

(in reply to Peever)
Post #: 4
RE: Dot Base build - 8/14/2013 2:19:21 PM   
Cpt Sherwood

To build the port from 0 to 1 costs 7900 engineer turns, and the same for the airfield.
That is 15,800 engineer turns to build both to 1. Your EAB has 17 engineers and 13 engineering
vehicles at the max. That is 82 engineers working per turn maximum. So to build both to
level 1 will take 15800 / 82 = 192+ turns. You might want to put more engineers there or
do something else.

Look at this thread for details.

< Message edited by Cpt Sherwood -- 8/14/2013 2:20:17 PM >

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca

(in reply to Peever)
Post #: 5
RE: Dot Base build - 8/14/2013 5:21:42 PM   
Sardaukar

What Cpt said.

0/0 bases are really only good for forward re-arm/refuel bases, with AE and AO. And for limited recon, you can just put AV or AVD there and some flying boats.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Cpt Sherwood)
Post #: 6
RE: Dot Base build - 8/14/2013 6:35:31 PM   
dr.hal

Building an Airfield in Dutch Harbor is a good example, it takes until 1948 or so to "get 'er done".......

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 7
RE: Dot Base build - 8/14/2013 7:36:14 PM   
kaleun

Actually I have a functioning AF there by Sept 42

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Dot Base build Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI