Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gun firing sequence

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Gun firing sequence Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gun firing sequence - 9/19/2013 10:34:49 PM   
thesock

The gun firing firing sequence seams to go like this. Select target, gun traverses, gun loads, then fires.
The problem mainly is with the traversing. It seams to be set so that no matter how many degrees you need to traverse it takes the same time as if you had to go 180 degrees, which is the maximum distance needed to engage a target that has poped up at six 'o' clock to your gun.
This makes a mockery of ambushing tactics.
If you get a shot at the rear of a tank whose gun is pointing forward at 12 'o' clock, the time it takes for your tank to fire will be about the same as it takes him to rotate 180 degrees and fire at you. If his turret has a faster rotating speed he will actually get the first shot in.

So can it be changed so at the start of each battle the guns are already loaded?
Can the guns then reload after firing?
And most of all, can the gun fire, e.g. 2 seconds (fine adjusting time) after the gun stops traversing? This way the gun with the least amount of traversing will always fire first.
Post #: 1
RE: Gun firing sequence - 9/22/2013 9:50:30 PM   
SteveMcClaire

This is largely a side-effect of how the original engine was coded. A weapon is 'owned' by a single soldier. In the case of a tank's main gun, the gunner 'owns' the main gun. So although there is a loader in the tank that, in reality, would be reloading the gun, in the CC engine the loader just makes the gunner's load action happen more quickly. And the gunner is also the soldier who rotates the turret. So yes, these two actions happen in sequence in CC. It's something that cannot easily be changed in the current CC engine, but I'll see what can be done for the new engine.

Steve

(in reply to thesock)
Post #: 2
RE: Gun firing sequence - 9/24/2013 11:23:59 PM   
thesock

Cheers Steve.

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Gun firing sequence Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI