Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Changing Situation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Changing Situation Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Changing Situation - 9/22/2013 3:29:30 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Santa Maria! Muy malo.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 1531
RE: Changing Situation - 9/22/2013 3:38:50 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs
I think I accurately characterize your tone when I say the essence of the accusation is one of 'cheating'.

And I think you used that word when I chose not to. You may think it's a moral or verbal equivalent, but I don't. Nuff said on the matter.

You described how a duck looks, quacks, and walks, but you object to me using the word duck. We disagree. As you say, enough said.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1532
RE: Changing Situation - 9/22/2013 6:14:10 AM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Santa Maria! Muy malo.

Completely concur Sir.

Dan and I just exchanged emails formally ending the match at this crazy point.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 1533
RE: Changing Situation - 9/22/2013 1:13:17 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

quote:

The biggest allied challenge in this game is nursing your air force. Even in 44 and 45.
you make my point. Which side ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS needs to nurse their air force and what side has unlimited airframes?

Yes, but this is offset by superior allied airframes and pilots. I can´t speak for my opponent but judging by the results I´m getting I have a huge advantage in pilot quality. Whenever I commit the "goto guys" 10-15:1 results are not uncommon.

My point being is that right now the system is kind of balanced. Even a small tweak can have a snowball effect that leads to an avalanche in 44-45.

If you want to limit the limitless Japanese planes its a lot better to do just that. Or limit Japanese pilots. But don´t increase Allied planes.

(in reply to JohnDillworth)
Post #: 1534
RE: Changing Situation - 9/22/2013 2:10:50 PM   
obvert

I'll speak for your opponent, and yes, the pilot disparity seems pretty big now.

Altitude is the real advantage though. Recently Corsairs swept a LR CAP and got only just over 1:1 results (no idea of their pilots though). The same day P-47s hit at 42k and got 15:1!

That big of a difference in arguably the two best airframes available to the Allies just points out that the unbeatable altitude of the strato-sweep by the P-47 is the real weapon. It kind of makes up for things they can't do in game, like low level strafing and bombing runs to hit the IJ air forces and logistics, so I live with it.

In spite of all of the planes I have, the Allies still have 30k VPs for airframes destroyed to my 17k VPs. I'd say even with 'low' pools he's doing okay.

< Message edited by obvert -- 9/22/2013 2:40:20 PM >

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1535
RE: Changing Situation - 12/10/2015 4:11:12 PM   
John 3rd

BUMP

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 1536
RE: Changing Situation - 12/10/2015 5:20:35 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

BUMP

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1537
RE: Changing Situation - 12/11/2015 12:00:02 AM   
John 3rd

Don't look here. There is NOTHING happening (at the moment). PERHAPS there is some discussion of something...neither confirming or denying...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 1538
This IS a SURPRISE! - 12/12/2015 7:22:13 PM   
John 3rd

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1539
RE: This IS a SURPRISE! - 12/12/2015 9:46:46 PM   
Canoerebel

After a sabbatical of two years, three months, and three days, John III and I have decided to reseume this game.

We began exploring the possibility more than two months ago, really picked things up two weeks ago, and decided to do so today.

We were aided by the fact that I haven't played an AE turn since then, so that my files are still exactly the same as on the day we quit. But John III had to create a new file with an old version of RA, an old version of Beta, remember his password, etc. If the roles had been flipped, I couldn't have done it. He did it in just a few hours.

As of this moment, we are both nearly clueless about what's going on in the game. Neither of us viewed the other's turn files when we quit. We both read a bit of the other's AAR back in September 2013 and over time forgot whatever we read. So we are essentially virginal as far as our knowledge of the other's stuff, and we're at a disadvantage as far as recalling details - so many things are lost after two years away.

I haven't looked through my AAR since 9/2013, so I have to figure out what's what and where and why. But I have a fairly decent idea, especially since this was my last game, so there haven't been subsequent AE games that would have "overwritten" the AE files in my memory. John's probably at a bit of a disadvantage there.

I'm about to open the turn file for 1/4/1943 and start issuing orders. I think the last time I did a turn was September 8 or 9 of 2013. So it's going to be odd to get back in the saddle. But fun, too.

Over the next few days, I'll post screenshots and summaries of what I think is going on and where I go from here.

I bet at least 2/3rds of the forumites following this are now gone from the game. There are alot of newcomers that won't know anything about it, I supposed.

A 2.25-year sabbatical is kinda odd. :)

Edited to Add: We agreed to post a brief note in each other's AAR, so that's what I'm doing here.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 12/12/2015 10:48:51 PM >

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1540
This IS a SURPRISE! - 12/12/2015 10:17:37 PM   
John 3rd

I posted this in Dan's AAR just a few minutes ago.

It is very strange to be writing this Post. The last thing I expected was to be starting or re-starting a campaign with my friend from Georgia: "two years, three months, and three days." Time sure does pass and one cannot expect anything in 'normal' in life.

We agreed to a joint Posting in each others AARs and Dan hit the nail on the head as far as remembering the events of this match as well as having any form of PREVIOUS files. I have none. This game was two computer's ago and about 7-8 iterations of Reluctant Admiral ago. Dan has laid out our plan: run the January 4, 1943 turn, update to newest Beta, and then update to newest version of RA. The movement of RA AWAY from Japanese predominance has been gradually occurring. This AAR and several others demonstrated some issues with Allied Fighters and other areas. The problems have been addressed and some of the database changes SHOULD serve to help Dan out.

Want to take just a moment to clarify some of the reasons this game stopped. As you can see by the Post counts and number of hits, this was a TOP LINE match in AE at the time. AFB on one side and JFB on the other. People were highly motivated contributors and numerous helpful, insightful, and magnificent Posts were made by players trying to HELP. The problem is some of this helpfulness crossed the line. Dan and I were offended and it served to hasten Dan's departure from the match and AE as a whole. Am sure that the vast majority of this was well intentioned and as Dan mentioned many of the major players are no longer here so this GREAT GAME can now be commented upon and watched by many newer players. We welcome all commentary but I ask that everything remain respectful to the other player.

Just a little about our relationship. Dan and I started in Uncommon Valor, played a momentous and crazy WitP game into 1945, and then had this wild match. We speak on the phone and he is a friend periodically and his Secretary now knows my voice when I call. Our relationship goes well beyond gaming. That he was there in the darkest hours of my life some ten years ago served to create a level of trust and a bond that has extended through today. Won't get any more maudlin then that!

Think that covers it.

Thanks for letting me Post this Grand Admiral Roper.

That he is in a precarious situation presently is an understatement. I offered to start a new game but we both agreed that this one is one heck of an exciting place. Thus----GAME ON!...and NOW...just remember that---FROM THIS POINT FORWARD---"Mercy is for the weak."

BANZAI!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1541
RE: This IS a SURPRISE! - 12/12/2015 10:45:38 PM   
SierraJuliet

Two and a half years gone by already!!!

Great to hear you are back in the saddle Dan and looking forward to seeing this one back in action and reading about the twists and turns.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1542
RE: This IS a SURPRISE! - 12/12/2015 11:10:22 PM   
John 3rd

I am in the process of seriously kicking Allied butt!

Will try to put together some sort of regional report but I know most of it centers around northern Sumatra and New Caledonia. The KB was approaching the tip of Sumatra ready to deliver a shipping strike while the Tojos were seriously clearing the skies of enemy fighters.

At New Caledonia the Japanese had just taken Noumea and the Allied troops there are in the process of being wiped out.

Carrier Forces are reasonably intact and will post a naval losses update soon.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to SierraJuliet)
Post #: 1543
VP State - 12/12/2015 11:15:29 PM   
John 3rd

Here is the overview:

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

Post #: 1544
RE: VP State - 12/13/2015 1:53:41 AM   
Chickenboy

Good luck in your AAR, John. I'm sure it will provide enjoyment to some of the newcomers, but I shan't be participating further in this AAR.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1545
Changing Situation: Fleet Status - 12/13/2015 5:07:37 AM   
John 3rd

January 3, 1943

Got to checking the sunk ship stats and I was appalled at what I read. One side and then the other:

Allied Ships Sunk
8 BB, 1 BC, 13 CA, 3 Modern CL, 14 Old CLs, 63 DD, and 34 Subs.

Japanese Ships Sunk
2 BB, 3 Modern CA, 3 Older CA, 7 Old CLs, 28 Newer DD, 27 Old DD, 8 I-Boats, and 2 Ro-Boats

Here is the top Allied Ships Sunk:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 12/13/2015 6:07:52 AM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

Post #: 1546
RE: Changing Situation: Fleet Status - 12/14/2015 2:52:18 PM   
John 3rd

Got the newest Beta installed and updated to the newest RA version. Think we are good to move forward at this point.

It is like Turn ONE. Have to totally re-familiarize myself with the map. What a mess!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1547
RE: Changing Situation: Fleet Status - 12/17/2015 3:21:17 PM   
John 3rd

Greetings All.

I am Posting this in all three of my AARs so different readers can catch it.
As most of you know, I have elected to re-start my game with Canoerebel (Dan) that ended over two years ago. In doing this I shall have three serious matches running (vs. Michael--NY59Giants--w/Between the Storms—Lite, my vanilla Scenario 1 in Letters From the PM, and the Reluctant Admiral game with Dan). To keep the games going, work at the store, and balance family, I will have to cutback on my AAR work. Have decided to abandon the BTS: L AAR, Post about every two weeks on the PM AAR, and attempt to keep something going with Dan’s game.

Apologize to readers about this but I felt helping Dan come back into the AE Community was far more important than keeping up the AARs. Greatly appreciate the comments and Postings from all the watchers and fellow players!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1548
Battle of the Bay of Bengal - 12/17/2015 3:52:08 PM   
John 3rd

January 5-6, 1943
Combat Report

The game is back up and rolling. CRAZY jumping into a game over two years dead. It is like Turn ONE but far more chaotic.

Burma
The Japanese position is tenuous to say the least. There are a TON of Allied troops stuck on the west side of the Irrawaddy. Japanese and Allied moves are presently underway trying to change the situation.

1. Allied: Presently a stack of four units is moving to cross the river in the location marked on the screenshot. Opposing them is a full strength ID behind Lvl-3 Forts. There is a Brigade and four Artillery units on the way to help this Infantry Division. Bombers hit the targets and it appears to be an Aussie ID and two Tank Regiments. Starting next turn we'll place CAP over the hex because it makes sense for his bombers to begin softening up his target.

2. Japanese: Two ID, 3 TK Reg, and 3 Eng Reg are moving to enter into the far southern end of the Irrawaddy hexes. There is a beat-up American ID, Brit Brigade, and two TK Reg present there. These units are being hit every turn by 80-100 bombers.

Ramree Isle: This whole disaster began when Dan landed at Ramree and immediately worked it into a MONSTER base. Don't know if anyone remembers but this move touched off a firestorm of discussion within the Forum and made sure to lesson Ramree's expansion possibilities in ALL my mods after that. Don't remember what the final consensus was but I went with that number for AF/Pt in all later RA and Between the Storms variations.

Japanese Bettys are operating out of Rangoon and sink any AKs that work their way down to either Akyab or Ramree. We have command of the air in this theatre due to EVERYTHING Allied and flyable moving to Sabang. It has really helped tilt the playing field closer to even in Burma. There are a monstrous number of Allied troops present and I probably cannot drive them back. We shall try however...

Bay of Bengal
As expected, the deteriorating Allied CAP situation over Sabang finally forces the Allies to sortie a large number of vessels fleeing the coming doom. KB is perfectly positioned to do some serious damage!

January 5th: Perfectly positioned so....NOTHING HAPPENS! Weather closes down Japanese decks and the Allies get a day of running in before we can fire up the bombers.

January 6th: The KB is ordered to move three hexes NE and, in the process, gets tangled up with two Allied STF.

1. My CVLs (Ryujo, Zuiho, Shoho, and Rhujo, a CA, 2 CL, and 9 DD) tangle with CA Frombisher, CLAA Van Heemskerck, CL Sumatra, and DD Balch. Each CVL takes a shell or two but no real damage (thankfully) occurs and the Allies lose Balch with Frobisher seriously hit by 8 shells.

2. CARDIV1 (Akagi, Kaga, Hiyo, 1 CA, 2 CL, and 8 DDs) take on CL Columbia and a DD. Akagi and Kaga each score three hits on Columbia for no appreciable damage in return. These CVs fly no sorties during the day due Ops limits. CARDIV2/5 are able to go to work though.

These were...shall I say...STRESSFUL moments!

During the day a number of Japanese sorties are flown and nice work is done. It appears that 12 AK, CLAA Van Heemskerck, and CA Frobisher are sunk. Damage is done to other ships as well.

Elect to stay put and see what else can be hit before moving South to crush Sabang. Staying puts me in range to hit this first wave of exodus AND smack anything else coming out of Sumatra. Shokaku--Zuikaku--Soryu--Hiryu have their Kates set to bombs due to wanting Torps available for Sabang.

Should note that I sotted American CVs farther north in the Bay of Bengal. Considering the greatly reduced number of Wildcats I fought on the 6th, it is obvious that Dan flew them out to his CVs. Good move on his part but their morale must be crap and he'll need a good number of replacements for those I shot down over the last few days. Judge the likelihood of him engaging with his CVs pretty minimal presently.

Port Blair
There has been a real brawl over the skies of this base. The Allied 4EB have been active here trying to shutdown the base. There are six heavy AA units based here as well as fighters and both days see a decent number of B-17s and B-24s damaged/shot down. They'll get a surprise tomorrow. Move the 4 CVL to a hex SW of Blair and set CAP at 30% and 50% LRCAP. We'll see if those 4EB can but smacked and forced to rest a bit. Really need this base open for power projection and to cutoff Sabang.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 12/17/2015 4:53:15 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1549
Battle of Sumatra - 12/17/2015 4:19:10 PM   
John 3rd

Combat Report
January 5-6, 1943

(Continued)

Sumatra
Sabang
No sweeps occur on January 5th due to bad weather. The 6th see nearly 200 Tojo Sweep the skies over Sabang and they do NICE work. In an exchange of 44 Tojo for nearly 80 Allied Fighters, the green light is given to commence shipping strikes. The withdrawal of nearly 80 F4F show that the Allies know the writing is on the wall. At Georgetown and Sibolga nearly 125 Zeros and 250 Betty/Nell/Kate pilots take their mossion orders for January 7, 1943.

TJB
The Japanese were able to hold on to this sleepy hamlet in Sumatra by the skin of their teeth. Over the period of a month, the hamlet has turned into the Japanese main base of operations. The Infantry is trying to drive the Allies north towards Langssa and Medan.

1. Due north of TJB is 4 ID and 1 Brigade engaged with a moderately damaged 1st Marine Divis1on, another American ID, and two smaller units. Coming into the hex within a few days shall be another full strength Japanese ID.

2. NW of this fight is another jungle battle between two ID and a pair of Allied Brigades.

The coast is where Dan is most vulnerable. TJB has three Japanese BB and 2 BC guarding it. When that fourth ID reaches its target, all Japanese Capital ships will nail the coast. and join in the 100+ bombers who daily hit these troops. Should be enough to force the issue.

Western Sumatra Islands
When this whole surprise offensive started, Dan grabbed Siberoet, Nias, and Sinabang in addition to Benkoelen, Padang, and Sibolga.

The only base presently remaining in Allied hands is Siberoet. There is roughly 4,000 troops in three units there. It has been regularly bombed and bombarded keeping Forts from being built. It will be bombarded tomorrow by 2 BC and 8 DDs. Sitting at Sibolga are 2 Inf Brigades, an Inf Reg, and an SNLF Assault Division. All are about 30% prepped. I am waiting for 40% and will then land. There will be a mess upon landing but he doesn't have enough strength to pose a threat. Siberoet should fall fairly easily.

STRATEGY
We'll continue driving north up the eastern side and take Medan and drive on Langsa. We'll have LOTS of air support and Naval Bombardments to help.

Once Siberoet is taken, it shall be built up into a large airbase for helping to encircle Sabang.

Dan has bragged about landing 500,000+ Supply here and I do not doubt it. I don't know if Sabang can be taken but it must be either eliminated or pounded into submission.

Burma is the true danger. I will lose it if I cannot open the sealane to take supplies and troops up there.

How is that for an update?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 12/17/2015 5:19:54 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1550
RE: Battle of Sumatra - 12/17/2015 4:45:16 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

How is that for an update?

About time!

I won't say much, as I read both sides. But it is a delight to see you 2 back at it

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1551
Good News - 12/19/2015 2:51:47 PM   
John 3rd

OK. In a turn that heavily stressed the Japanese Player out, here is the good news:

Can only tease the update since I am nearly late for work...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 12/19/2015 3:52:41 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 1552
...sort of OK news...and Bad news... - 12/19/2015 10:34:28 PM   
John 3rd

January 7, 1943
Combat Report

My opponent had a real chance to massively impact the war today and--thankfully--it did not occur.

Despite moving slightly south, both of my KB Task Forces run into Allied surface elements.

1. CL Sumatra encounters Sho--Zui and there is a four round fight there. These CVs are made of stern stuff with Zuikaku taking 3 hits and Shokaku getting tagged once. No real damage. The pesky CL escapes without issue. A second TF of 3 DD enter the fight and they see DD Nepal crushed. Mo real damage taken by Japan.

2. CarDiv 1 encounters CL Columbia (again) and DD Foxhound. The Foxhound is sunk with a Long Lance and Columbia takes several hits. A DMS then encounters the TF and it is quickly sunk.

Far South:
Despite being several hundred miles south of the Allies, my AO TF is intercepted by an American CL and 3 DD. How? Who knows. The TF sinks three E-Class escorts and--eventually 3 AOs. Luckily they were all 8,000T and not by bigger ones. Scared the tar out of me as I watched! They ordered to run for cover as Three Japanese STF move into the area.

SE Java:
A STF of four Allied DDs appear out of nowhere and sink a pair small AKL cargo TF. Lose 1 SC and 8 AKL. WHERE did they come from? Hum. Don't care. The fight is not in THAT direction!

Daylight and Air Phases
Dan sorties his next wave of shipping from Sabang and they head SW. I have 125 Betty poised for just this moment and NOTHING happens...we ARE REALLY trying to smile...

KB is sitting in position to move SW towards this set of juicy targets when suddenly we spot the entire Allied Carrier TF near Ceylon. HOLY CRAP! If Dan's forces reacted whatsoever, this campaign would be done. There would have been a massive exchange of strikes and both sides would have been badly hurt.

Luckily the Allies don't move so two raids go after the Allied Fleet.
1. The AM strike encounters over 250+ Wildkittens along with some other fighters. They get eaten up. About 26 bombers get through and they miss everything they attack. Lose about 80 planes for no result.

2. A much smaller strike of Zeros and Judys punched through the CAP and salvage the day by hitting CV Wasp with FOUR bombs. NICE! Lose about 20 more planes.

Additional Japanese strikes sink DD Inconstant and hit several other DDs and ships.

I MUST get KB fully concentrated ASAP. Have three more CVLs and 6 CVE moving towards Singers presently.

Order the two Carrier TF to move SW to go after the fleeing shipping and allow for eventual return to Singapore.

Planning
Dan is fully withdrawing from Sabang and this is GREAT! I will continue hammering his SS in between Malaya and Sumatra while attacking all Allied bases to prevent Fort building. Reinforcements are arrving in Singapore so we can take those islands between Port Blair and Sabang. Need them and have to develop them to fully encircle Sabang. The Siberoet Invasion is about 4-5 days away and then we have all of the western Islands retaken.

The turn was no fun whatsoever.

On the BRIGHT side we have 3 DDs and sveral other ships sunk but KB COULD have been badly damaged. With his shipping running away we'll work to bag another portion of them and then prepare to re-take everything important and re-open the sealanes to aid Burma.

Turn sitting in the box so we'll see what happens there...

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 12/19/2015 11:35:01 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1553
January 8-9. 1943 - 12/21/2015 4:20:57 PM   
John 3rd

Combat Report
January 8-9, 1943

The Bay of Bengal/IO continues to be hot and heavy but things are a lot better from a Japanese perspective.

Fleet Action
The Carrier Fleet manages to extricate itself from the Allied warships that had been such pests.

8th
CL Sumatra is hit with 5 bombs from Vals. Two DDs take several bombs each. Perhaps they are in sinking condition.

9th
Carriers heading for the fleeing shipping heading for the edge of the mapboard and/or Diego Garcia. Strikes hit CL Sumatra and sink DDs Gwin and Dent.

Three STF of BBs or CAs skirt the southern edge of the fleeing Allied shipping and will make intercepts tomorrow.

Air Action
No raids hit Sabang on the 8th. The 9th sees a nice set of Sweeps that drop over 30 Allied Fighters for 21 Tojo. The only thing that mars the turn is my CVLs pass close enough to Sabang that they launch an air strike against some SC based there. Eight Zero and 27 Kate get tangled up with nearly 60 Allied fighters. We lose 5 Zero and 8 Kate. Could have been a lot worse. Allied fighter morale is awful. Many don't engage or do then disappear. GOOD!

Heavily bomb Medan and Langsa's AF to good effect.

Ground Action
In a HUGE development, FOUR Japanese ID drive the 1st Marine ID and 32nd US Army ID out of hex 46,77. During the attack, the 4th ID collapses and it will go back to TJB. Casualties are nearly 5,000 American troops, 156 Guns, and 182 Vehicle. They fall back into Medan much worse for wear. Will pause for a day or two and then pursue to Medan.

SS Action
I-158 sinks CL Sumatra with 2 TT (it was a flaming wreck)
I-177 sinks TK William Strachen near Columbo

Moves
1. Pull out the 5 BB protecting TJB. They return to Singapore. Time to free them up for bigger action.
2. Will begin loading for the Sinabang landing tomorrow.
3. Start loading 50,000 supply to take up to Rangoon.
4. Need to take Phuket back. Start working on that...
5. A CVL TF (3 CVL, 4 CA, 1 CL, and 9 DD enter Soerabaja.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 12/21/2015 5:21:28 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1554
RE: January 8-9. 1943 - 12/21/2015 4:59:05 PM   
John 3rd

We're going to bring the Carriers home in two days. Figure they can do some damage (without fear of Allied intervention) and then head for Batavia. Need to upgrade lanes to Judys and Jills so this will be a good time to do that.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1555
RE: January 8-9. 1943 - 12/28/2015 9:51:01 AM   
1275psi

John
herbs computer has broken

will have to buy a new one
there is going to be quite a delay

herb

big seas, fast ships, life tastes better with salt

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1556
Medan Falls - 12/31/2015 12:14:38 PM   
John 3rd

January 15, 1943

What was thought to be a near impossibility 6-8 weeks ago occurs. Japan retakes Medan. The 1st Marine Division and 20th Indian ID are mauled for the second time yielding over 5,000 casualties.

ON TO LANGSA!

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

Post #: 1557
Changing Situation - 1/1/2016 9:25:17 PM   
John 3rd

January 16, 1943

Burma is getting critical. This move by the Australian Corps is a grave threat to the Japanese lines. The first attack holds against a 1-1 assault. Rushing to add strength to the line is two Inf Brigades that should arrive in two days.

Always looking to counterpunch...
1. Magwe: Two Infantry Divisions begin unloading from trains.
2. Irrawaddy valley: Bursting out of the jungle come two full strength Japanese ID and the 2nd Armored Division. They advance north along the WEST side of the river.

There MIGHT be hope of surrounding the Allied lunge...perhaps...maybe...

Singapore
Leaving Singapore this day is a new full strength Infantry Division in from China along with 65,000 supply. They are protected by 3 CL and 6 DDs. Going to Rangoon...

Leaving Singapore as well go Japan's heavy artillery: Kongo, Haruna, Kirishima, Hiei, and mighty Yamato. They have plans to commence a bombardment at a new target in northern Sumatra where the troops are so packed in that massive disruption is only a few big shells away...

Batavia
The Kido Butai will arrive here tomorrow. Every carrier, cruiser, and DD will reprovision. A rest to handle routine system damage on the carriers will occur over the next 10-14 days. For the fighter air crews this will not happen. Nearly 600 Zeros have been held here and they shall soon be committed to the skies over Burma and Sumatra. These top-of-the-line air crews will finish the jobs started by their land-based brethren.

The Cruisers and DDs get told to prepare for fast Transport duty...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 1/2/2016 12:58:27 AM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

Post #: 1558
Changing Situation - 1/3/2016 2:34:42 PM   
John 3rd

A cautious sense of HOPE--definitely NOT optimism--begins to fill Japanese HQ.

Good developments this day:
1. The Sinabang Invasion goes well and three Allied units are forced to surrender. Over 3,500 more POWs fill Japan's camps. Five engineering and three Base Force units begin loading to make this base an Airfield to hamper Sabang.

2. Resistance ends at Noumea where a US Marine Regiment, New Zealand Regiment, and Independent US Army Regiment surrender: 6,000+ POWs.

3. Base Forces repair Medan's AF and 150 Fighters move into the base.

4. Allied bombers attempt to hit the Japanese defenders up on the Irrawaddy and find 50+ Tofos flying CAP. Four waves of bombers come in without escort! YUMMY--50+ bombers shot down.

5. All of KB is now at Singapore where they replenish airframes, fuel and sorties.

6. Six STF are formed to swing into Sabang and take out the PTs and other small craft defending the port.

7. Two more Japanese BBs join the FIVE ready to bombard Sabang.

Orders come down to stop sweeping Sabang as we WANT as many Allied fighters as possible on that AF...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 1/3/2016 3:36:52 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1559
Changing Situation - 1/3/2016 2:59:18 PM   
John 3rd

Those three Infantry units at Sinabang immediately begin prepping for three Island targets to finish the complete encirclement of the Allied position.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1560
Page:   <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Changing Situation Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI