Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Pricing Suggestion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Pricing Suggestion Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:13:46 PM   
Primarchx

QFT!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

People who have bought the game are not wasting their time here talking about the price - they are playing the game. ;)

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 241
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:16:46 PM   
Rob322

I love the GTA V comparison. That game will ship in the millions of units, millions, maybe tens of millions. This game will not. War gamers are a strange subset of the gaming market (I'm one of them) and have different tastes than the population at large. You could sell The Sims to a blind person but I doubt that even if they sold Command for $10 that it would make that much of a difference. The game will scare many before they think to ask about money.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 242
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:23:33 PM   
CoffeeMug

quote:

People who have bought the game are not wasting their time here talking about the price - they are playing the game. ;)

QFT

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 243
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:26:12 PM   
aluminumx

quote:

I will tell the people who have purchase the game and commented on this thread that. ツ

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 244
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:26:26 PM   
Alejo1968

quote:

Sorry Iain, hope Im not waisting my time here. Also, I dont have the game, so I cannot play. We are just saying what we think, but if you think we are waisting time, maybe youre right.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 245
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:26:39 PM   
Hexagon

quote:

And people who talk here about price is a sell less for CMANO and maybe for future titles, is not a good idea joke about customers

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 246
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:35:52 PM   
Rob322

Wow we're all a little sensitive today aren't we? Perhaps he's suggesting that sales right now are about what they projected? I've heard a lot of bombast about how this price hurts the company but I doubt anyone on the board (with the exception of the Matrix folks) actually know whether this is true or not. I suppose we'll find out in the coming weeks right? If we see a sudden reduction in price then we'll know it was too high, otherwise we'll know it wasn't for enough of their market.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 247
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:40:18 PM   
RockKahn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

quote:

And people who talk here about price is a sell less for CMANO and maybe for future titles, is not a good idea joke about customers

Tip #2. Finally. We're on a roll!

I don't write Universal Law. I just live by it.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 248
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:43:30 PM   
Hexagon

Even if sales are bad you are not going to be a reduction in price out of the specials (and you need wait to the end of year, next year of game release) when they have today games from 2007 with the release price... the 50% discounts are something "new" the usual discount is 15-30% in the end of year special.

Sensitive??? well, the coment for me is clear and i dont like it i think is totally out.

(in reply to Rob322)
Post #: 249
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:49:03 PM   
delenda

quote:

ORIGINAL: CoffeeMug

The argument, that the right price point curbs software theft, does not hold water. People having rooted their iphones steal apps worth one USD! So you want to tell us, that people wont use pirate software if the game costs 50 USD and not 80 USD?

Sceptical dog is sceptical.

edited for generalization

Yes. That is what I want to tell you, though I'm not sure what you want me to say.

**** EDITED - ANY DISCUSSION OF PIRACY IN ANY FORM IS NOT PERMITTED ****

Anyway, as I said, I'm conscious of the thread turning in to a complain-fest. Hopefully, the communities thoughts (both sides) are being noticed. I'm going to go home and play until the small hours. I look forward to crossing swords with you all when we get multiplayer

Thanks,

Andrew

< Message edited by Iain McNeil -- 9/25/2013 3:51:04 PM >

(in reply to CoffeeMug)
Post #: 250
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:49:10 PM   
IainMcNeil

Just a warning - any discussion of piracy in any form is banned. If this thread goes that way it will be locked.

We've got no plans to change the price and sales are doing fine thanks!

Many people seem to think that because the price is not what they are willing to pay it means a lost sale and lost money. That only holds true if enough extra people buy at a lower price to make up for the loss of revenue from those who would buy at a high price. We have all the stats and the stats tell us this is the price to maximize the developers revenue which is our primary duty here. We'd love everyone to be playing the game but our first concern is to make sure the development team get the most out of the work they have done.

As for the criticisms of the marketing it shows a lack of understanding of the way the modern games market works. Mainstream sites would never even consider reviewing Command and we would not want them to. They would not have a clue how to play and only harshly criticize it. Metacritic is irrelevant to Command - only a tiny % of journalists (usually working for the sites we deal with) get these type of games and if you get a reviewer who doesn't get them you area going to get crucified. The places being targeted with the marketing are the places that are going to appreciate the game which is absolutely not mainstream gaming sites. Its been a decade since they covered these type of games.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Rob322)
Post #: 251
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:50:00 PM   
Alejo1968

quote:

Please, dont say "...game...", better refer to it as:

simulation

just game feels like... "little game". Cmon, it deserves more than that

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 252
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:52:04 PM   
Alejo1968

quote:

Just a warning - any discussion of piracy in any form is banned. If this thread goes that way it will be locked.

We've got no plans to change the price and sales are doing fine thanks!

Many people seem to think that because the price is not what they are willing to pay it means a lost sale and lost money. That only holds true if enough extra people buy at a lower price to make up for the loss of revenue from those who would buy at a high price. We have all the stats and the stats tell us this is the price to maximize the developers revenue which is our primary duty here. We'd love everyone to be playing the game but our first concern is to make sure the development team get the most out of the work they have done.

As for the criticisms of the marketing it shows a lack of understanding of the way the modern games market works. Mainstream sites would never even consider reviewing Command and we would not want them to. They would not have a clue how to play and only harshly criticize it. Metacritic is irrelevant to Command - only a tiny % of journalists (usually working for the sites we deal with) get these type of games and if you get a reviewer who doesn't get them you area going to get crucified. The places being targeted with the marketing are the places that are going to appreciate the game which is absolutely not mainstream gaming sites. Its been a decade since they covered these type of games.

Well, Now you got serious.
Know what?, waste sounds bad.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 253
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:54:30 PM   
Rob322

Well, anyhow, it costs what it costs. Whether the price they set will have a statistically significant impact on sales or not is to be seen but without data we're just guessing so ill bow out because I don't see the point in a debate without data, cheers.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 254
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:59:51 PM   
Hexagon

Well, is your business and you can do all you want, is my money and i do with it all i want to.

Sells could be good or bad i dont know it, i know that are many people that dont buy game for the release price (like me) and they are not new comers to wargames and really some of them wait a lot the game but in the end is only a game, a way to use free time, and even in a niche market are more options simple to pass or wait discounts.

I like talk about things BUT for me the limit is in manners.

(in reply to Alejo1968)
Post #: 255
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:04:54 PM   
jjax

quote:

Bill Trotter use to do a great job covering wargames for the popular game review magazine PC gamer back in the day. It really helped ignite my interest in wargames during my younger days. But now I think he left pc gamer (the magazine has since turned into one big ad catalog) and I have not found much of a replacement in terms of anything mainstream; so I understand the media coverage issue. I wish coverage for these games were better better but I can understand why this is not going to happen anytime soon. I hope matrix games is trying to reach out to new sources to help get the word out.

--JJAX

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 256
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:05:16 PM   
Pii

quote:

You do realize this is how businesses work, right? Charge what the market will bear. Now if it ends up being a ghost town here in three weeks, the market has spoken. I have only seen one buyer say they were disappointed.

Well I've been looking and I can't find a single forum post from someone that bought the game saying they like it either. Can you point me to a forum where buyers are posting? Matrix's forum seems completely empty except for the tech support problem postings. I'd really be interested in what actual buyers are saying but, as noted, can't seem to find any.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 257
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:06:32 PM   
thewood1

I think a few people have posted here and at grogheads...I suspect most are just playing it now.

(in reply to Pii)
Post #: 258
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:07:12 PM   
thewood1

There is also an entire first impressions thread here...you must have missed it.

In fact, you must not be very good at looking...that thread has a lot of people saying they like it...I just checked.

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 9/25/2013 4:09:38 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 259
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:08:57 PM   
Pii

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

There is also an entire first impressions thread here...you must have missed it.

Perhaps I have, did you have a link?
Never mind Google is my friend

< Message edited by Pii -- 9/25/2013 4:36:11 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 260
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:10:06 PM   
thewood1

I think you can figure it out.

(in reply to Pii)
Post #: 261
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:11:40 PM   
Alejo1968

And I thought most were those who didnt buy it.

But you must have the right numbers.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 262
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:12:13 PM   
Pii

quote:

You don't know me well do you? lol
Yes after adding "first impressions" to my search I have found it! And I will be reading it completely.
Thanks

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 263
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:13:34 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pii
Well I've been looking and I can't find a single forum post from someone that bought the game saying they like it either. Can you point me to a forum where buyers are posting? Matrix's forum seems completely empty except for the tech support problem postings. I'd really be interested in what actual buyers are saying but, as noted, can't seem to find any.

I encourage everyone to step out of the pricing thread once in a while too.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3416080

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Pii)
Post #: 264
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:14:16 PM   
Pii

quote:

In fact, you must not be very good at looking...that thread has a lot of people saying they like it...I just checked.

thanks for the edited dig I really appreciate it!

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 265
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:15:12 PM   
sfbaytf

The price is shocking, but don't expect any change. Matrix falls under the boutique developers who cater to a specific market More than likely has a low enough overhead to allow flexibility. This also is the type of simulation that obviously appeals to government agencies and militaries and everyone knows how easy they are to milk.

For all we know the first 10,000 boxed copies were shipped to the PRC. $80 is a lot for many people, but chump change for governments.

Just going to have to bite the bullet and throw down the $$$ if you want to play.

(in reply to bretg80)
Post #: 266
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:16:18 PM   
delenda

Can I suggest that if you're going to remove parts of posts, you do it universally rather than for posts that you don't happen to agree with? You've removed mentions of piracy from my posts and from aluminumx's posts but not coffeemug's.

Aside from moaning about the price, I'm generally happy with the purchase but I'm feeling quite alienated with regards to the community.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 267
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:21:38 PM   
Pii

Thanks for the link. I would have "stepped out" earlier but I didn't see that thread yesterday and unfortunately for you this was the most active I found. :-)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 268
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:21:41 PM   
thewood1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pii

quote:

You don't know me well do you? lol
Yes after adding "first impressions" to my search I have found it! And I will be reading it completely.
Thanks

You're welcome. I looked in the main forum and it was only 7-8 threads down. So my conclusion is you didn't really look very hard. I can't beleiev you actually had to go to google for it.

(in reply to Pii)
Post #: 269
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 4:23:45 PM   
Alejo1968

quote:

ORIGINAL: delenda

Can I suggest that if you're going to remove parts of posts, you do it universally rather than for posts that you don't happen to agree with? You've removed mentions of piracy from my posts and from aluminumx's posts but not coffeemug's.

Aside from moaning about the price, I'm generally happy with the purchase but I'm feeling quite alienated with regards to the community.

I would suggest an apologize for the expression in which Iain ultimately meant "guys you are wasting time here". In the end, we are customers.

< Message edited by Abbeville_01 -- 9/25/2013 4:31:30 PM >

(in reply to delenda)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Pricing Suggestion Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI