Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug in the new 'The West' scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II >> Tech Support >> Bug in the new 'The West' scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug in the new 'The West' scenario - 10/9/2013 11:50:17 AM   
Spurius Evidens

If you open up the atlas during this scenario and click on the background tab it crashes.
Post #: 1
RE: Bug in the new 'The West' scenario - 10/9/2013 1:38:07 PM   
RJinVA_slith

Hello Spurius Evidens,

Can't confirm this. (I just tried it and it works fine for me - no problem). Can you provide any more details, perhaps describe your hardware and operating system?

RJinVA

(in reply to Spurius Evidens)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug in the new 'The West' scenario - 10/9/2013 2:00:47 PM   
Spurius Evidens

quote:

ORIGINAL: RJinVA

Hello Spurius Evidens,

Can't confirm this. (I just tried it and it works fine for me - no problem). Can you provide any more details, perhaps describe your hardware and operating system?

RJinVA

Perhaps it's just random. The only time I tried it it crashed. I find it's doing that quite a lot, just crashing when I click something that I've clicked a hundred times before without a crash. Hoping these things get addressed as the game has huge potential.

Running windows 7 32bit, 4 gig ram, nvidia gtx 550 Ti graphics card, what else do you need to know?

(in reply to RJinVA_slith)
Post #: 3
RE: Bug in the new 'The West' scenario - 10/9/2013 2:21:06 PM   
RJinVA_slith

Thanks! I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit, with integrated graphics (no graphics card) and I don't have the problem. Perhaps the developers can help.

RJinVA

(in reply to Spurius Evidens)
Post #: 4
RE: Bug in the new 'The West' scenario - 10/9/2013 2:26:16 PM   
Pocus

It is nigh impossible to fix a crash if it is random and only appears for a few users. We would need to get a machine close to your for example. What would be better is to be able to reproduce it on your machine, perhaps it triggers in a specific set of circumstances and is not that random?

< Message edited by Pocus -- 10/9/2013 2:27:58 PM >

AGEOD Team

(in reply to RJinVA_slith)
Post #: 5
RE: Bug in the new 'The West' scenario - 10/9/2013 11:12:39 PM   
Spurius Evidens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pocus

It is nigh impossible to fix a crash if it is random and only appears for a few users. We would need to get a machine close to your for example. What would be better is to be able to reproduce it on your machine, perhaps it triggers in a specific set of circumstances and is not that random?

Of course nothing is likely to really be random, I just haven't managed to find a pattern to it. I've had it crash when it's handing back to me after a turn before I've done anything, when I clicked background in the west scenario, and about 3 or 4 times just when clicking on stuff while giving orders. It's not really a killer atm and only seems to occur once in every 3 or 4 hours but it's annoying when it does so just as you've spent half an hour doing all those things which you've been putting off for a turn or two. If I can discern a pattern at some point I'll let you guys know. Apart from that I love the game.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II >> Tech Support >> Bug in the new 'The West' scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI