Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Love this period considering this or ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Pride of Nations >> Love this period considering this or ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Love this period considering this or ? - 10/14/2013 6:58:29 AM   
Titan

Europa Universalis IV, Wanting to get into something that has a bit of everything from this era Diplomacy, trade, warfare etc, both look good but not quite sure what the difference between the two would be....Gameplay and challenge are my hot points. looking for other experience from these.

Chees
Post #: 1
RE: Love this period considering this or ? - 10/14/2013 7:49:53 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titan

Europa Universalis IV, Wanting to get into something that has a bit of everything from this era Diplomacy, trade, warfare etc, both look good but not quite sure what the difference between the two would be....Gameplay and challenge are my hot points. looking for other experience from these.

Chees

Well they are utterly different games (I've not played EU4 but enough of EU3 to know what to expect). PoN is utterly addictive, since it takes time to gear up for a major war, you spend ages plotting it (how to provoke, how to construct alliances, etc). It has the best simulation of the colonial dynamics I've seen in any game of the era and it captures the essence of European 19C diplomacy perfectly - crises, alliances and very limited war goals. Even if you utterly smash your opponent you can't take their core territory, but you can impose reparations, take what is legitimately seen as yours or dismantle their empire.

Have a look at the AAR I've got running over on the AGEOD forum (you don't need to register): Manufacturing Italy. There is a short excerpt published in the Wargamer - may give you some idea if its a game for you.

(in reply to Titan)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Pride of Nations >> Love this period considering this or ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI