Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I wish I could see enemy skills

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [[Fantasy]] >> Fantasy Kommander – Eukarion Wars >> I wish I could see enemy skills Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I wish I could see enemy skills - 10/22/2013 1:36:50 AM   
FroBodine

I wish that I could click on an enemy unit, and mouse over their special skills to see what they do. Same as I can do with my own units. This would be extremely useful, especially since there are so many skills.

Sure, this information is in the manual, but it is a hassle to have to alt-tab out of the game to check the manual.
Post #: 1
RE: I wish I could see enemy skills - 10/22/2013 6:27:47 AM   
ComradeP

Yeah, I miss that as well, particularly in the later missions where the enemy gets better skills.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 2
RE: I wish I could see enemy skills - 10/22/2013 9:18:53 AM   
FabioBelsanti

quote:

ORIGINAL: jglazier

I wish that I could click on an enemy unit, and mouse over their special skills to see what they do. Same as I can do with my own units. This would be extremely useful, especially since there are so many skills.

Sure, this information is in the manual, but it is a hassle to have to alt-tab out of the game to check the manual.

Yes, you're right.

It would be helful to have a "info" button-screen with also the terrains effects on a specific unit.

We had some tech problem to do these things and sincerely I don't know if we can do an upgrade for this problem.

And yes, right now, all the enemies units info are in the manual ;)

Fabio Belsanti
Managing Director & Lead Designer
P.M.Studios & Age of Games

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 3
RE: I wish I could see enemy skills - 10/22/2013 2:42:02 PM   
FroBodine

We can mouse over our own units skills, so why is it technically improbable to do the same thing for enemy units? If their information did not disappear when you moved the mouse away from the unit, you would be able to mouse over and see their skills.

Well, I'm having fun with the game. The AI is nearly non existent. As ComradeP said in another thread, the AI will either attack with no regard to their own losses, or the odds. Or, they will just sit there and do nothing, instead of trying to find a weakness in my units and attack. There are some things I wish the game had, which we have already discussed.

But, overall, it's a fun game. With a few improvements to the user interface, a few more options previously discussed in this forum, better AI, and a good skirmish mode, it could be a fantastic game.

(in reply to FabioBelsanti)
Post #: 4
RE: I wish I could see enemy skills - 10/22/2013 3:17:58 PM   
FabioBelsanti

quote:

ORIGINAL: jglazier

We can mouse over our own units skills, so why is it technically improbable to do the same thing for enemy units? If their information did not disappear when you moved the mouse away from the unit, you would be able to mouse over and see their skills.

Well, I'm having fun with the game. The AI is nearly non existent. As ComradeP said in another thread, the AI will either attack with no regard to their own losses, or the odds. Or, they will just sit there and do nothing, instead of trying to find a weakness in my units and attack. There are some things I wish the game had, which we have already discussed.

But, overall, it's a fun game. With a few improvements to the user interface, a few more options previously discussed in this forum, better AI, and a good skirmish mode, it could be a fantastic game.

I'm glad to know that you like the game.

We'll do our best to improve this and our future games.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Fabio Belsanti
Managing Director & Lead Designer
P.M.Studios & Age of Games

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 5
RE: I wish I could see enemy skills - 10/22/2013 7:17:04 PM   
Dragoon.

I fully support this idea and hopefully it can be realized. Especially on enemy heroes I would like to know the about their special abilities beforehand instead to play guinea pig.

(in reply to FabioBelsanti)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [[Fantasy]] >> Fantasy Kommander – Eukarion Wars >> I wish I could see enemy skills Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI