Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: COMMANDERS ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: COMMANDERS ? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: COMMANDERS ? - 10/23/2013 3:52:21 PM   
villev

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: battlevonwar

Not sure, I have had Commanders with almost every nation so far, except Minors. Plus I rarely see much of an impact on the battlefield with them anyway..not sure what you get for them...sometimes they have negative impacts by their details?

After spending the last 3 hours fixing errors, that come with the games commanders script, I now know the main reason why, you don't see any impact off having a General attached! The truth is, most of the scripts associated with the different commanders, that come with the game, don't have their individual stats activated, meaning that the Attack / Defence factors, that should be boosted by having a General attached, are not calculated during combat, so in effect your right the commanders do diddly squat. That is the bad news, the good news is this has now been rectified, because I have went through each and every commander in turn, and activated their stats, so now they do assist the unit they are attached too.

Have seen where the nearby units of a commander show stat changes beyond their normal stats. You mean to tell me: All this time This was not actually true! I hope what you have discovered, is corrected in the upcoming 1.40 patch...

I'd be curious to know why do you think the factors are not calculated? They seem to be: (game_combat.lua, line 299 on)

-- Attack & Defense --
  ----------------------

local aAttack = 0
  local aDefense = 0
  local dAttack = 0
  local dDefense = 0

local aCommander = GetNearbyCommander(attacker)
  local dCommander = GetNearbyCommander(defender)

local defenseType

if attacker.prototype.lua.type == defenderPrototype.type and attacker.prototype.lua.class ~= "artillery" then
    aDefense = GetStat(attacker, "basedefense") + GetCommanderBonus(aCommander, "basedefense")
    dDefense = GetStat(defender, "basedefense", defenderPrototype) + GetCommanderBonus(dCommander, "basedefense")
    defenseType = "base"
  else
    aDefense = GetStat(attacker, "highdefense") + GetCommanderBonus(aCommander, "highdefense")
    dDefense = GetStat(defender, "highdefense", defenderPrototype) + GetCommanderBonus(dCommander, "highdefense")
    defenseType = "high"
  end

... it's similar for the rest of the stats.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 91
RE: COMMANDERS ? - 10/23/2013 4:09:13 PM   
kirk23

It is not the combat script that is the problem. The scripts for some of the actual Commanders in the game, have no stats allocated for Attack / Defence boost. I have went through all the commanders, and I have altered all the ones that, had zero ratings.

Make it so!

(in reply to villev)
Post #: 92
RE: COMMANDERS ? - 10/25/2013 3:23:05 PM   
kirk23

REPOST:

I have spent a great many hours, adding more than 24 new commanders to use in game, all these are compatible with the newest 1.30 patch. I have removed many restrictions, stopping the attachment of Commanders, making them all much more accessible.

Any feedback would be very welcome cheers!

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23790299/New+Updated+%26+Expanded+Commander+Data+Files.zip

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 93
RE: COMMANDERS ? - 10/31/2013 5:51:19 PM   
operating

Recently in MP joined in a 1917 The Nevelle Offensive match. The commanders included from the start, I could only dream of getting in a 1914 match (to this date), plus the inclusion of America in the war and Russia still alive.

I'm more inclined now, more than ever, to start scenarios in MP later than 1914....

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 94
RE: COMMANDERS ? - 11/1/2013 4:01:48 PM   
kirk23

So your saying you like the easy access, to a lot more Commanders in game?

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 95
RE: COMMANDERS ? - 11/1/2013 6:43:59 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

So your saying you like the easy access, to a lot more Commanders in game?

You have covered the issue about commanders quite well in your previous posts. I am hoping that some of those ideas get incorperated into the next patch.

As to the 1917 scenarios, it is more likely those commanders would be there, which is OK. These scenarios also are more advanced in tech development and units, which I find extremely hard to replicate to this point starting with a 1914 scenario in either MP or SP. Suprass had shown a late year SS of a match that boggles my mind as to how those players had acheived such advanced development (which proves it is possible a side(s) can be still alive, without out being totally broke in one fashion or another (lack of PP or forced to sell off labs) to still have a robust game. Again the 1917 scenarios, only have a limited # of turns in which to develop more commanders, which at this time seem unlikely to enter the game till sometime towards the end, which makes it almost a fruitless avenue to go down, and really unpracticable as to when they (commanders) were actually involved in the war.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 96
RE: COMMANDERS ? - 11/1/2013 6:55:40 PM   
operating

This idea I would like to keep separate from the other post; There ought to be way to better display the commanders window, which I can't quite put my finger on how it should be done....

Like a deck of playing cards, facing up, you only can see that 1 card showing, yet I know there are 51 other cards there in some order, of which I do not know.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 97
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: COMMANDERS ? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI