Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The graphics in this game...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [[Fantasy]] >> Fantasy Kommander – Eukarion Wars >> RE: The graphics in this game... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The graphics in this game... - 9/7/2013 2:58:20 PM   
TheGrayMouser

Cool, appreciate the response!

(in reply to FabioBelsanti)
Post #: 31
RE: The graphics in this game... - 9/7/2013 3:09:32 PM   
FabioBelsanti

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Gray Mouser

Cool, appreciate the response!

You're welcome.

Please, feel free to ask me anything you'd like to know about this project ;)

Fabio Belsanti
Managing Director & Lead Designer
P.M.Studios & Age of Games

(in reply to TheGrayMouser)
Post #: 32
RE: The graphics in this game... - 9/7/2013 9:54:47 PM   
rodney727

Not being rash but honest. Matrix /slitherine has released games for the iPad for less than two years and they admit just from the tablet market alone make up 25% sales revenue. Mind you these are just their dated games like legion and the good but by no means great battle academy. As a consumer I probably won't buy this for my PC. As a small company I would rather reach out to the biggest market available to me and not the smallest one. Look at this way would you rather market to a small chain on ma&pops stores or to Walmart ?
quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Being abit harsh their mate. I'm sure they've thought about tablets but maybe they don't have the skill set in the team to code for them. No doubt if it turns out a good game and people like it it may end up on the IPad. Most wargamers will have both a tablet and a PC..so it prob doesn't matter to much 'cos if doesn't come out for one you can get it for the other. Tablets are just another format but it isn't the end of the world or a disaster if a game doesn't come out on it. Obviously you'll sell more units if you get it out on all formats but again you wont go under if you don't. Plenty of games come out on the PC only and even more on the tablet only but the developers don't go bankrupt because of it.

One day if I win some money I will get a tablet...however PC will always be my main go to games machine.Games like BA or PC I'd buy for the tablet only..but I certainly wouldn't give up my CMx2 games for CM touch and I'd def not get IL2BOS or WOFF on the tablet nor would I want to fly a sim on such a small screen. I think tablets are great for certain games and yes this will be one of those game but don't be so harsh mate..nothing worse than someone pi##ing on your cornflakes. I'm sure the team is getting excited for the release.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Lol! Gone are the days of PC-Mac only. If you want to only walk with the crows that's fine you won't last long. But good luck.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Fabivs

It's not for PC only.

This game is available also for MAC.

Anyway we belive (and hope) that the game may conquer enough pc wargame-strategy players.

Subscribe and try the Beta and let us know your impression.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 33
RE: The graphics in this game... - 9/7/2013 11:46:20 PM   
FabioBelsanti

Dear rogo727

Thanks for your honesty and clarifications.

And honestly (as you can read in our dev diary on AOG) I think we had to develop this game with Unity and so have it available for Tablets from the first release (with better graphics also).

Unfortunately we didn't (for many reasons).

But we did our best to make a great (and unique) Fantasy Wargame (for PC and MAC only)...

Now we belive (and hope) that the game will sell well enough and we'll have a chance to develop it for your iPad in the coming months ;)

quote:

Not being rash but honest. Matrix /slitherine has released games for the iPad for less than two years and they admit just from the tablet market alone make up 25% sales revenue. Mind you these are just their dated games like legion and the good but by no means great battle academy. As a consumer I probably won't buy this for my PC. As a small company I would rather reach out to the biggest market available to me and not the smallest one. Look at this way would you rather market to a small chain on ma&pops stores or to Walmart ?
quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Being abit harsh their mate. I'm sure they've thought about tablets but maybe they don't have the skill set in the team to code for them. No doubt if it turns out a good game and people like it it may end up on the IPad. Most wargamers will have both a tablet and a PC..so it prob doesn't matter to much 'cos if doesn't come out for one you can get it for the other. Tablets are just another format but it isn't the end of the world or a disaster if a game doesn't come out on it. Obviously you'll sell more units if you get it out on all formats but again you wont go under if you don't. Plenty of games come out on the PC only and even more on the tablet only but the developers don't go bankrupt because of it.

One day if I win some money I will get a tablet...however PC will always be my main go to games machine.Games like BA or PC I'd buy for the tablet only..but I certainly wouldn't give up my CMx2 games for CM touch and I'd def not get IL2BOS or WOFF on the tablet nor would I want to fly a sim on such a small screen. I think tablets are great for certain games and yes this will be one of those game but don't be so harsh mate..nothing worse than someone pi##ing on your cornflakes. I'm sure the team is getting excited for the release.

quote:

Lol! Gone are the days of PC-Mac only. If you want to only walk with the crows that's fine you won't last long. But good luck.
quote:

It's not for PC only.

This game is available also for MAC.

Anyway we belive (and hope) that the game may conquer enough pc wargame-strategy players.

Subscribe and try the Beta and let us know your impression.

Fabio Belsanti

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 34
RE: The graphics in this game... - 10/16/2013 6:38:19 AM   
Rosseau

I'll give you that it's much more complex than Wesnoth. And I don't care about graphics. I also don't need a scenario editor or modding tools. But the game has to be moddable, or I am out. I find Ageod's games difficult but I can mod them to my liking. I am not going to get stuck with a campaign I will either get frustrated or bored with. There's really no excuse not to at least be able to mod unit stats. Do that, and I buy the game.

Post #: 35
RE: The graphics in this game... - 10/16/2013 6:24:11 PM   
FabioBelsanti

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

I'll give you that it's much more complex than Wesnoth. And I don't care about graphics. I also don't need a scenario editor or modding tools. But the game has to be moddable, or I am out. I find Ageod's games difficult but I can mod them to my liking. I am not going to get stuck with a campaign I will either get frustrated or bored with. There's really no excuse not to at least be able to mod unit stats. Do that, and I buy the game.

Hi rosseau

We'll see what we can do with the next updates.

Thanks for your feedback!

Fabio Belsanti

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 36
RE: The graphics in this game... - 10/23/2013 4:59:04 PM   
gunnergoz

I really like TBS and even fantasy TBS and would buy this but the graphics are just too clunky for my taste. I'll pass on this one.

"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying

Post #: 37
RE: The graphics in this game... - 10/23/2013 6:00:22 PM   
FabioBelsanti

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunnergoz

I really like TBS and even fantasy TBS and would buy this but the graphics are just too clunky for my taste. I'll pass on this one.

I'm sorry for this, I think you could play an interesting game.

I hope you'll have a chance to play a demo or buy our next games ;)

Fabio Belsanti

(in reply to gunnergoz)
Post #: 38
RE: The graphics in this game... - 10/24/2013 5:44:34 PM   
gsol69

I loved Fantasy General as well, and turn-based strategy is right up my alley.

Purchasing and downloading now.

Thanks

Post #: 39
RE: The graphics in this game... - 10/24/2013 6:20:15 PM   
FabioBelsanti

quote:

ORIGINAL: gsol69

I loved Fantasy General as well, and turn-based strategy is right up my alley.

Purchasing and downloading now.

Thanks

Great, let us know your first impressions ;)

Fabio Belsanti

(in reply to gsol69)
Post #: 40
RE: The graphics in this game... - 10/25/2013 3:30:31 PM   
DerTroof

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kafka

yes, but I haven't quite grasped what this game is about. It is just a tactical wargame set in a fantasy universe (with additional RPG elements) or does it have also a strategic layer including technology/ magic research, city development, diplomacy and so on?

It's more a tactical than a full strategic game.

The strategic phase of the game is between battles in the Encampment where you can manage your army: Buy, Sell, Upgrade and Resurrect Units.

I'm sure you know Panzer Corps, one of the best sellers here (and that we can say it's the modern sequel of Panzer General Series).

Well, we can say that the gameplay experience in Fantasy Kommander could be defined “similar”.

Main differences: we have the Fantasy setting (but based on the European Real Medieval Fantasy tradition), rpg elements, in-game events and dialogues, more narrative and hq phases.

Re. Panzer General, I'm almost exclusively a wargamer but I always wanted to play SSI's "Fantasy General." But it only worked in DOS, IIRC.

In any case, I may have to give this one a try. Does it come with a printed manual?

Post #: 41
RE: The graphics in this game... - 10/25/2013 6:50:54 PM   
FabioBelsanti

quote:

ORIGINAL: DerTroof

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kafka

yes, but I haven't quite grasped what this game is about. It is just a tactical wargame set in a fantasy universe (with additional RPG elements) or does it have also a strategic layer including technology/ magic research, city development, diplomacy and so on?

It's more a tactical than a full strategic game.

The strategic phase of the game is between battles in the Encampment where you can manage your army: Buy, Sell, Upgrade and Resurrect Units.

I'm sure you know Panzer Corps, one of the best sellers here (and that we can say it's the modern sequel of Panzer General Series).

Well, we can say that the gameplay experience in Fantasy Kommander could be defined “similar”.

Main differences: we have the Fantasy setting (but based on the European Real Medieval Fantasy tradition), rpg elements, in-game events and dialogues, more narrative and hq phases.

Re. Panzer General, I'm almost exclusively a wargamer but I always wanted to play SSI's "Fantasy General." But it only worked in DOS, IIRC.

In any case, I may have to give this one a try. Does it come with a printed manual?

No, the manual is in pdf and you can see or download it here: http://www.slitherinebravo.net/pr/Fantasy_Kommander_Manual.pdf

Fabio Belsanti

(in reply to DerTroof)
Post #: 42
RE: The graphics in this game... - 10/26/2013 1:33:31 AM   
Dragoon.

quote:

ORIGINAL: DerTroof

The game runs perfectly fine in DosBox. It even supports audio CD's so you can listen to the epic soundtrack. This is how I played over and over again all these years, and it's the same experience as back then on my win95 machine.

(in reply to DerTroof)
Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [[Fantasy]] >> Fantasy Kommander – Eukarion Wars >> RE: The graphics in this game... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI