Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some noob questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Some noob questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some noob questions - 10/27/2013 5:12:02 AM   
stavka

Hi,

I started to study and use the WitE, not fully detailed read all the manual, but i not found any reference/answers (in a clear way) to some questions that i have:

1 - When preparing a combat and before right-click to execute it, in the popup windows that shows with the mouse over a target, what means all the numbers as in this example:
....Division (1/2) det 7, SP 1

2 - In the unit bar in the right side, what means the number in front of a waved arrow exactly bellow the unit chit?

3 - In the unit bar in the right side on a HQ Unit, what exactly means the numbers in front of the symbol #(tank), like this example: 23:18

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Some noob questions - 10/27/2013 8:07:44 AM   
schascha

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3241000

(in reply to stavka)
Post #: 2
RE: Some noob questions - 10/27/2013 8:12:23 AM   
Blubel

1. Unit offensive strength; defensive strength; detection level (from 1-10) the higher the more you know about the unit and the more reliable are the strength statements. SP is the distance from the railhead in movement points, giving you a good guess how well supplied the enemy will be.

2. The percentage of the movement the unit has left. This is iirc important for reducing fatigue, which works better if the unit has not moved much.

3. The left number is the unit points attached to the HQ, the right number the maximum the HQ can support without getting reductions on leader rolls. Every brigade and regiment is worth 1, divisions 2 and soviet later war corps 4 iirc. You will get a -1 on most rolls for every point you are above the limit, so in your example the leader will probably fail almost all rolls.

You should check this out: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2649216
It is a very good tutorial.
By the way, answering noob question from Stavka is fun. ;-)

(in reply to stavka)
Post #: 3
RE: Some noob questions - 10/27/2013 8:48:22 AM   
stavka

Awesome, thanks alot!!!

(in reply to Blubel)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Some noob questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI