Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Deal of the Week...great deals!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/17/2013 5:15:34 PM   
aaatoysandmore

lol I got Ageods Birth of America 2 back in april of 2010 off of Gamersgate for $5.00 that was when they were jumping around pretty good and ended up nearly giving their games away. They should have got with Matrixgames and stayed with Matrixgames at least their games would probably still be at $19.99 when onsale. But, I don't like the way they play anyways so I just bought a dust collector and an addition for my library of games.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 121
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/18/2013 10:26:41 AM   
keeryel

HI, I've just bought Ageod revolution under siege as weekly deal offer. I'm really happy to see a deal policy from matrix games. I look forward to buy several more quality games as soon as they get on deal.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 122
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/18/2013 10:55:15 AM   
Boomer78

Hope you guys enjoy BOA 2... it's a great one. I was a little confused as to the strategy of RUS, but it's also a pretty fun game, more so if you know the history.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Scourge of War deal. Always been waiting to try out the successor to Take Command.

"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"

(in reply to keeryel)
Post #: 123
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/21/2013 4:34:07 PM   
wings7

I just ordered "History Great Battles Medieval", this a great series and it is tactical too!

Patrick

(in reply to Boomer78)
Post #: 124
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/21/2013 10:09:41 PM   
Hotschi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boomer78

Hope you guys enjoy BOA 2... it's a great one. I was a little confused as to the strategy of RUS, but it's also a pretty fun game, more so if you know the history.

I definitely enjoy it - today I won as British in the Pequot War scenario (after a couple losses). During the years, I purchased a couple other AGEOD titles, but actually never played one - seems I am more of a collector. I have the odd feeling that once you understand the rules and mechanics of one game, you actually know how all of them work - which is not bad at all, quite the contrary!

"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.

(in reply to Boomer78)
Post #: 125
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/22/2013 3:08:07 PM   
Agathosdaimon

whats Great Battles Medieval like? the graphics are nice, but what kind of game play is it? is it just like MTW2?

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 126
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/22/2013 3:28:03 PM   
DerTroof

quote:

ORIGINAL: flanyboy

Just purchased Revolution Under Siege. Was also considering the American Revolution game but I'll probably wait on that for now.

I bought it the other day too. This is the third AGEOD game I've purchased. One of these days I'll learn how to play them.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 127
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/22/2013 9:04:35 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

whats Great Battles Medieval like? the graphics are nice, but what kind of game play is it? is it just like MTW2?

Mitchell, I haven't played it but at that price and the developer I ordered it and will find out in the future!

Patrick

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 128
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/23/2013 10:05:27 AM   
IainMcNeil

Great Battles Medieval is not like Total War. Its a blend of Role Playing & strategy game. You equip your army to fight through a series of historical battles and they gain xp and you equip them and teach them skills as you go and end up with a lethal fighting force. The battles are on a grid to allow you to calculate and plan better and whenever you issue an order the game pauses to avoid issues of trying to catch fast moving units with a mouse. You play at your own pace.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 129
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/23/2013 12:01:46 PM   
brucemcl777

Things I'd like to see on deal of the week or will buy in holiday sale
-----------------
Civil War II (Aegod) - have the first one but have never been able to make sense of the supply system in enemy territory consistently.
Close Combat - Last Stand Arnheim - liked the first two of these especially market garden
Close Combat - Wacht am Rhein
Distant Worlds - Base game and 3 expansions
Scourge of War - 150th Anniversary Edition

on the fence
------------
Forge of Freedom - good reputation but 2006 release - showing it's age?

I thought of ordering War in the Pacific - Admirals Edition but it says difficulty - Expert
And while I own uncommon valor I have never actually played it - I seem to enjoy basic to intermediate games and not so much advanced and expert - for one thing I do not enjoy extreme micromanagement. Hated Hearts of Iron 3 - just a static map with thousands of boring messages - I go to sleep even watching a demo of it. (to my misfortune did not find this out until after I bought the complete collection)

you can always find me on Steam at
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/stratwin
Where we are all about Strategy - come join us - there my name is I'm Spartacus.

Order of Battle: Pacific fan
Morning Sun: beta tester
US Marines: beta tester

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 130
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/23/2013 3:03:59 PM   
DerTroof

I would buy the Distant Worlds 3-pack for sure if it went on sale... and add it to my queue of games I will someday play.

(in reply to brucemcl777)
Post #: 131
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/23/2013 7:39:51 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Great Battles Medieval is not like Total War. Its a blend of Role Playing & strategy game. You equip your army to fight through a series of historical battles and they gain xp and you equip them and teach them skills as you go and end up with a lethal fighting force. The battles are on a grid to allow you to calculate and plan better and whenever you issue an order the game pauses to avoid issues of trying to catch fast moving units with a mouse. You play at your own pace.

Thanks Iain for the info!

Patrick

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 132
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/28/2013 5:05:56 PM   
wings7

I just ordered "War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930", I don't have many war/strat games in that period (1922-30). I already own "War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition", a remarkable game, a game you could play for the rest of your gaming life! It is expensive but get what you pay for!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 133
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/28/2013 5:38:58 PM   
Hotschi

War Plan Orange sounds very interesting. I got WitP-AE already, it's my favourite game. Am not sure wther to buy Orange or not.

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 134
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/28/2013 7:53:12 PM   
histgamer

Thank you matrix!!! I asked that they do WPO when they started the whole sale thing and now that they have I'm definitely picking it up.

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 135
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/28/2013 8:55:28 PM   
sth1119

I too have been waiting for WPO. Does anyone know of windows 8 issues?

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 136
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/29/2013 12:30:20 AM   
histgamer

Purchased and downloading WPO... would love it if Eagle Day and Bombing the Reich were included in a future sale.

< Message edited by flanyboy -- 10/29/2013 12:32:42 AM >

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 137
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/29/2013 6:31:58 AM   
samspackman

Purchased War Plan Orange. $20 seems like a reasonable, every day price for a game that was released in 2005, hasn't been updated since 2006, has a small to non-existent PBEM community and an even smaller modding community.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 138
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/29/2013 7:08:43 AM   
Greyshaft

With World in Flames just over a week away I certainly won't have time to play WitP-AE

/Greyshaft

(in reply to samspackman)
Post #: 139
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/29/2013 8:02:07 AM   
histgamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: V for Vegas

Purchased War Plan Orange. $20 seems like a reasonable, every day price for a game that was released in 2005, hasn't been updated since 2006, has a small to non-existent PBEM community and an even smaller modding community.

We'll maybe this sale will make the games community grow just a tiny bit. I'd love to do a PBEM once I try it out for a bit and get comfortable.

(in reply to samspackman)
Post #: 140
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/29/2013 9:19:53 AM   
Hotschi

Purchased War Plan Orange yesterday - it was just too tempting.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 141
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/29/2013 8:17:01 PM   
wings7

War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition sale has made alot of players very happy! Well done Matrix!

Patrick

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 142
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/30/2013 11:46:45 PM   
Gilmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

Wow. I always lose that.

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 143
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/31/2013 1:16:12 AM   
Anthropoid

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

No Sir. I don't think it is. Here is the product info. The first version that came out was full of bugs and a counter intuitive map orientation, something that was resolved for the gold release.

Some games are massive because of all the different units and things you have to do each and every turn. What makes WWI Gold massive are all the options and event that can be played where no two games are the same.

The combat is also much better than any other AGEOD game IMO because you get to impact the battle as it progresses positioning your first and second line troop[s and reserves. It is another unsung hero in this genre and if it wasn't for the state of the initial release of the first version, I think many more would have picked it up.

The developer is still releasing patches despite its failure to generate a wider audience.

mo reb

Ah good to hear WWI Gold really did fix those main issues. It clearly was an incredible game just needed lots of tweakage. Might have to get that upgraded to the gold one of these days.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

Purchased War Plan Orange yesterday - it was just too tempting.

One of my favorite games. WiTP I always felt was a bit too 'historical.' But WPO was just right for me.

< Message edited by Anthropoid -- 10/31/2013 1:17:48 AM >

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 144
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/31/2013 4:44:30 AM   
histgamer

I really enjoy WW1 Gold also.

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 145
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 10/31/2013 10:01:29 AM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

Ah good to hear WWI Gold really did fix those main issues. It clearly was an incredible game just needed lots of tweakage. Might have to get that upgraded to the gold one of these days.

Wasn't WWI Gold offered as Deal of the Week recently? IIRC, I took a pass, because I really don't have the time (see my sig). The next time around, though, I won't miss the opportunity. Such dedication and commitment to excellence should be rewarded.

Speaking of dedication and commitment to excellence: WITP:AE, best PC war game ever. And maybe the best ever value for the money. At the current sale price, BUY IT! You won't regret it.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 146
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/2/2013 2:07:45 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

Wasn't WWI Gold offered as Deal of the Week recently? IIRC, I took a pass, because I really don't have the time (see my sig). The next time around, though, I won't miss the opportunity. Such dedication and commitment to excellence should be rewarded.

Speaking of dedication and commitment to excellence: WITP:AE, best PC war game ever. And maybe the best ever value for the money. At the current sale price, BUY IT! You won't regret it.

Robert, yes WWI Gold was offered on the Deal of the Week a few months ago. I did purchase it but I haven't got into it yet, definitely on my to do list of games to pay!

Patrick

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 147
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/2/2013 7:16:07 PM   
Boomer78

Black Friday was yesterday. We should see be seeing the first Christmas sales beginning soon... hopefully. I have to say, there's not much on the horizon right now I'm dying to play. Banished, maybe. But I've got my eye on the SOW series. If at least one of those goes on sale this Christmas I'll be happy.

"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 148
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/2/2013 8:15:38 PM   
Challerain

Black Friday is a month away. It is the day after thanksgiving, not Halloween.

(in reply to Boomer78)
Post #: 149
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/2/2013 8:58:29 PM   
histgamer

This
quote:

ORIGINAL: Challerain

Black Friday is a month away. It is the day after thanksgiving, not Halloween.

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI