Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Time To Dance NATO

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> After Action Report >> A Time To Dance NATO Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Time To Dance NATO - 10/27/2013 11:14:08 PM   
british exil

Played with new patch.
I moved my units out to blow as many bridges as possible, thus creating a chockepoint. I forgot to order the first unit on setup to blow the first bridge, as I did not want to restart, I carried on. I managed to blow one bridge. The soviets were jamming my radio frequencies so much that I was not able to order my units to blow any more bridges.

It was also impossible to order all my freshly arriving tanks and other support into the fray. I managed to give maybe 5-8 orders per turn. Thus I was stuck in the center of the map.

The Soviets were using all they had to make my life difficult. Even employing aircraft. The first wave shocked me and cost me a few tanks and men. The second wave aimed for my HQ. My stinger units made them pay for their foolishness and shot 2 out of the air, crshing right center on my position in Wollbach. I saw no more of the Soviet Airforce.

As I was not able to give as many orders as I wanted, the Soviets managed to move up onto my positions north of Bad Neustadt. I knocked out a few of their tanks, but still they seemed unnerved by my shooting, of course my units were taking losses too.

The armour moving up to Heustreu on my side of the river were faring even worse, I had a clear aim on their vehicles, although misses were quite high on both sides. The weather was playing fair to both sides with clear visability 10000m. The Soviets passed Heustreu and tried to move further north towards Unsleben, my Bradley's with scout cav and a few M1's made this plan fail.

The Soviets decided to lick their wounds and halted their offensive, I'm sure if they knew just how near they were to winning, they would have continued.

All in all a fun battle.

34% a contested battle.

Mat

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by british exil -- 10/27/2013 11:17:30 PM >

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Post #: 1
RE: A Time To Dance NATO - 10/27/2013 11:15:02 PM   
british exil

The killing fields.

Mat

Attachment (1)

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 2
RE: A Time To Dance NATO - 10/27/2013 11:28:29 PM   
Mad Russian

When playing with the Limited Orders option any mistake you make can cost you dearly.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

Post #: 3
RE: A Time To Dance NATO - 10/27/2013 11:39:30 PM   
british exil

I noticed!! You never know just how many orders you can give or can you? Which order is the most important? Who needs the orders? Not so easy.

Mat

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 4
RE: A Time To Dance NATO - 10/27/2013 11:46:48 PM   
Mad Russian

By far, the most intense way to play the game!

Good Hunting.

MR

Post #: 5
RE: A Time To Dance NATO - 10/28/2013 3:52:46 PM   
Erik Rutins

You can see the number of orders allowed on the Player tab.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 6
RE: A Time To Dance NATO - 10/28/2013 9:27:20 PM   
british exil

Erik thanks for the info, will have to keep my eyes open whilst commanding. There just seems to be so much to look at, so much happening. It doesn't really help while I'm screaming at my units to blow the bridges before the heavy armour crosses it.

Would be nice to give orders to reach a bridge hex, then to blow it, rather than having to wait 20-30 min before the next turn allows for the next orders. Most of the time my forces that were screening, have retreated because the Soviets have approached. IRL I think orders would be: "Head to the bridge, place charges then blow it up!!". In FCRS the orders are: "Head to the bridge, wait 10-20 min, wait for orders!" The bridge is often left intact.

But if I am correct, these things are in the works.

Mat

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
RE: A Time To Dance NATO - 10/28/2013 9:42:48 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: british exil

But if I am correct, these things are in the works.

Mat

You are very correct.

Good Hunting.

MR

Post #: 8
RE: A Time To Dance NATO - 11/4/2013 8:59:58 AM   
Aztec

OK, first attempt at "A Time to Dance". Fought to 42% 'Contested', lost most of the point hexes, but drew a lot of blood and even launched a counterattack of sorts. Was only able to down one bridge before the Soviets blew me away like dust. Their recce went north and merely waded across the river @ 1813. The heavy units captured the other bridges intact turned left and pushed through Bad Neustadt capturing the rich 3k value hex. They pulled back, reoriented north and attacked toward Wollbach. I was able to position tank units on right flank of this southern attack and bled it significantly. Furthermore, one of my withdrawing recce units took the high ground west of Bad Neustadt and, reinforced by another unit from Wollbach, was able to engage the Soviet left flank with long range fires and was very successful in attriting the tanks. My loose defensive line north of Bad Neustadt gradually traded ground, but was able to exact a pretty impressive toll from the Soviet heavies while only suffering moderate losses. The follow on Soviet mechanized units got caught in crossfire from both the west and north and were defeated in detail. Those recce units that had forded the river to the north launched a hasty, unsuccessful attack toward Wollbach, but were destroyed. The last large intact Soviet tank formation raced to support them, but arrived too late before the scenario ended. My heroic recce units Bad Neustadt were even able to recapture the 3k value hex at 0616. Perhaps the strangest part of the battle was while most of my tank units were executing a fighting withdrawal, the M1's of the 2/A/2nd (ignoring all my orders) attacked SE toward the bridges, right through the middle of the follow on Soviet forces, briefly RECAPTURING the bridge, crossed the river and got into the rear area and started bleeding the SPA units!

I am very impressed with this game. I walked out of this battle thinking, "Hey I'm alive and that counts as a win!" The Inspectorate rated me 'tolerable', a couple of my units even won citations and I can't figure out how to attach a JPG.

Post #: 9
RE: A Time To Dance NATO - 11/4/2013 12:11:02 PM   
Mad Russian

A Time To Dance is one of those fights that just keeps on giving. No matter how many times I play it or others do it fights tough and won't do the same thing twice.

To attach a jpg you select post reply. At the bottom of the text box is a check box labeled Embed Picture in Post. Click on that.

To the left is a "Click Here to Upload!" in blue. Click on that and you will get a browse button. That will allow you to attach the file to the post.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Aztec)
Post #: 10
RE: A Time To Dance NATO - 11/4/2013 6:02:47 PM   
Aztec

Thank you sir! I'll try it now...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 11
RE: A Time To Dance NATO - 11/4/2013 7:09:44 PM   
Mad Russian

There you go!

Nice screen shot.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Aztec)
Post #: 12
RE: A Time To Dance NATO - 11/7/2013 10:28:54 PM   
ParaB

Love that scenario!

I think I've played it half a dozen times already (as Nato), no two games played out the same. Which is pretty amazing considering the small size.

Best result I got so far was a 43% rating. The problem is the "sudden death" rule kicking in when the Red Army drops below 30%. This usually happens when I'm about to counter-attack and thus "cheats" me of a better result.

Post #: 13
RE: A Time To Dance NATO - 11/9/2013 2:09:53 AM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: ParaB

Love that scenario!

I think I've played it half a dozen times already (as Nato), no two games played out the same. Which is pretty amazing considering the small size.

Best result I got so far was a 43% rating. The problem is the "sudden death" rule kicking in when the Red Army drops below 30%. This usually happens when I'm about to counter-attack and thus "cheats" me of a better result.

We're working on Sudden Death.

If you like the way the smaller scenarios play wait until you see it in some of the larger ones.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to ParaB)
Post #: 14
RE: A Time To Dance NATO - 11/9/2013 5:56:47 AM   
wodin

Sudden death has saved my bacon at times though so it works both ways.

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> After Action Report >> A Time To Dance NATO Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI