Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

When

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> When Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
When - 11/4/2013 8:46:09 PM   
Numdydar

Not to be confused with the other When thread

Several people has stated that they are planning on staying up until WiF is available for sale. So to help them out, does anyone actually know exactly what time and time zone on 11/7 the game will be available for download?

< Message edited by Numdydar -- 11/4/2013 9:46:29 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: When - 11/4/2013 10:30:42 PM   
DSWargamer

Matrix Games is my time zone, Slitherine being UK is 4 hours ahead.

But any time on the 7th will do just fine :)

I have too many too complicated wargames, and not enough sufficiently interested non wargamer friends.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 2
RE: When - 11/4/2013 11:30:31 PM   
shaddock

Isn't Matrix in the EST time zone? If it is then that would be 5 hours ahead.

save the carrots; eat a vegan!

(in reply to DSWargamer)
Post #: 3
RE: When - 11/5/2013 3:02:14 AM   
Snydly

Have we reached 48 hours to go ... Time for some Hair Metal Celebrations

The Final Countdown

Looking forward to playing my favorite board game WIF on the computer.

(in reply to shaddock)
Post #: 4
RE: When - 11/5/2013 3:22:54 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snydly

Have we reached 48 hours to go ... Time for some Hair Metal Celebrations

The Final Countdown

I'll dig out my adjustable flame Bic lighter, parachute pants and Aqua Net hair spray. I'm surprised there weren't more fires.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Snydly)
Post #: 5
RE: When - 11/5/2013 8:49:38 AM   
captskillet

Well Mo Reb, is Mizzou still in control in the East? Fightin' Tigers get a chance to take down Alabama this weekend, Mettenberg better quit with the picks or they have no chance.

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 6
RE: When - 11/5/2013 3:28:56 PM   
Canoerebel

Do we know yet the price for WiF?

From all the rumored "price shock" comments, I'm pretty sure the CiC at my house is not going to authorize this particular expenditure, but I can dream.

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 7
RE: When - 11/5/2013 3:55:03 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Well Mo Reb, is Mizzou still in control in the East? Fightin' Tigers get a chance to take down Alabama this weekend, Mettenberg better quit with the picks or they have no chance.

I have yo look at the schedule. Are they playin Bama? But yes. Still in control of the east. I thought we had ky and then my ole miss. I'm hoping ole miss will beat em. I do know mizzou. Only loss was to the cocks in a missed 24 yard field goal. Look pretty good considering their qb has been out. I'm under blackout for many of their games. I don't get hardly any Lu's games either this year. There is a new sec station on next year that I hope my provider picks up.

Here's to any sec team on top. Except Georgia of course. Was really hoping Florida was gonna come back to win that one. They almost did.

Sorry for the spelling and such. Away on a mobile app. Too much a pain to correct.

**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 8
RE: When - 11/5/2013 4:55:59 PM   
Numdydar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

From all the rumored "price shock" comments, I'm pretty sure the CiC at my house is not going to authorize this particular expenditure, but I can dream.

Have someone in a different command recieve it for you then sneak it into your quarters when no one is around

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 9
RE: When - 11/5/2013 5:13:10 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Or you could use the old Babe and Switch. Be super nice all evening waiting on her hand and foot. Make it memorable.

Then the next morning when you are looking glum and she asks whats wrong? you say Not much....(dramatic pause).....It's just that all my single friends are getting this game and when I told them I couldnt they all said that is why they are still single. (remember to do this while last night is still fresh in her mind, yes, before pissing her off in the morning if possible)

She'll be shamed into doing what is against her good nature. No way are them single guys gonna have one up on you. She wont have it. Guilt, when applied correctly, can get some things done.

That'll be $25.

Whats that? Oh, you're welcome.

p.s. Don't forget to tell her how great of an idea it is of hers to get the game. Never let this one seem like your idea so, come bill time, it wont be used against you.

Plan 2 gets a little more deviant. Do you have access to a shovel and a bag of lime?

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 10
RE: When - 11/5/2013 6:07:01 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

Show her that it is an investment....an investment in her (you're at home more), an investment in the family (you're at home with the family), and it will only appreciate in value...

I only say her because my CiC is also a her.

BTW, nice to see you.

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 11
RE: When - 11/5/2013 6:59:56 PM   
Canoerebel

None of these stratagems are going to work. My CiC is a veteran of the Pacific campaign (AE) and knows all the rationales, excuses, and "given the hours I'll play it'll only cost me 1 cent per year" theories. I'm toast. No way I get this game until the economy turns around, which is gonna be awhile.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 12
RE: When - 11/5/2013 7:31:31 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

None of these stratagems are going to work. My CiC is a veteran of the Pacific campaign (AE) and knows all the rationales, excuses, and "given the hours I'll play it'll only cost me 1 cent per year" theories. I'm toast. No way I get this game until the economy turns around, which is gonna be awhile.

I would agree with your last statement by more than 100%. Did you and John decide to call it a game btw? I rarely come to the forums anymore.. too busy with work. I just play my pbem and a game with schanelic anymore.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 13
RE: When - 11/5/2013 7:34:02 PM   
Numdydar

quote:

I told mine it was my birthday and xmas present

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 14
RE: When - 11/5/2013 7:54:34 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Well good luck to you rebel. Hopefully better days are ahead as far as the financial situation is concerned.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 15
RE: When - 11/5/2013 7:57:46 PM   
Erik Rutins

It could in theory be released at any time on Thursday, November 7th. We typically start setting the release live in the morning, US Eastern time. If there are no issues, it's typically live by noon. If there are issues with the final store process, we have the rest of the day as time to fix any store issues and make sure it's live by evening. It's about 95% by mid-day, 5% later in the afternoon in terms of the historical odds.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 16
RE: When - 11/5/2013 8:25:59 PM   
Numdydar

Thanks Eric.

So no need to stay up in the US until 12:01 AM EST and expect to get the game on the 7th

Of course people living further East of EST may need to stay up later before everyone West of you runs the game out of stock before you wake up

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 17
RE: When - 11/5/2013 9:05:03 PM   
DSWargamer

Wimps :)

You walk up to wife, give her 200 bucks, tell her to go off and enjoy the shopping.

Then you order the game, and you stop hand wringing about excuses.

No I don't want to hear your comments about you can't locate 400 bucks. Sucks to be you, the PS4 comes out in days, I hope you don't have kids :) Christmas is coming, you must love this time of year :)

I buy what I want and I don't offer any excuses. They get their own allowances and I don't care what they spend it on and they don't get to comment about mine.

Just hours to go, can't wait.

I'm also all fired up for the Desolation of Smaug too.

< Message edited by DSWargamer -- 11/5/2013 10:06:20 PM >

I have too many too complicated wargames, and not enough sufficiently interested non wargamer friends.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 18
RE: When - 11/5/2013 9:42:12 PM   
jeffk3510

I do what I want as well.. just trying to laugh with everyone.

(in reply to DSWargamer)
Post #: 19
RE: When - 11/5/2013 9:48:06 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

I do what I want as well.. just trying to laugh with everyone.

Were you looking over your shoulder as you typed that?

And Les, I mean DWS , some people are suffering in this economy and every year we should all make an effort to try and help out those that may not be able to afford Christmas gifts to their children. Hardly anything that needs to be sneered at. I could go on but I'll drop the subject and instead elect to do something I've never done before. Use that green button.

And done. I don't want this fine occasion to slide into a pissin match.

Good day.

mo reb

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 11/6/2013 8:23:39 AM >

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 20
RE: When - 11/5/2013 10:00:01 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

Or you could use the old Babe and Switch. Be super nice all evening waiting on her hand and foot. Make it memorable.

Then the next morning when you are looking glum and she asks whats wrong? you say Not much....(dramatic pause).....It's just that all my single friends are getting this game and when I told them I couldnt they all said that is why they are still single. (remember to do this while last night is still fresh in her mind, yes, before pissing her off in the morning if possible)

She'll be shamed into doing what is against her good nature. No way are them single guys gonna have one up on you. She wont have it. Guilt, when applied correctly, can get some things done.

That'll be $25.

p.s. Don't forget to tell her how great of an idea it is of hers to get the game. Never let this one seem like your idea so, come bill time, it wont be used against you.

Plan 2 gets a little more deviant. Do you have access to a shovel and a bag of lime?

Does Plan 1 really work?

As for Plan 2, a boat and the 12 mile limit,

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

Post #: 21
RE: When - 11/5/2013 10:07:02 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

quote:

That'll be $25.

Does Plan 1 really work?

As for Plan 2, a boat and the 12 mile limit,

It has to work. I've seen it on an Afterschool Special starring Scott Baio. And Choachi would never lie.

Plan 2? Nothing beats a hog. They'll eat everything. Round here they call it 'Gone Missing'. YMMV

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 22
RE: When - 11/6/2013 12:03:52 AM   
SamuraiProgrmmr

This is one place where Steve's STRATEGIC PLANNING has come into play. I have been telling my wife for many years.... I am going to buy this game when it comes out. I predict she will encourage me to get something else (like an extra monitor) just because I have patiently waited so long.

She is smart. She knows. We have been married for 25 years and I keep telling her that even murderers get out after 20.... This game is cheaper on her than a parole hearing!!!

It is almost here!

Bridge is the best wargame going .. Where else can you find a tournament every weekend?

Post #: 23
RE: When - 11/6/2013 4:07:27 AM   
Aurelian

Chachi wouldn't dare do otherwise. Not with him for a cousin.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 11/7/2013 12:23:31 AM >

Post #: 24
RE: When - 11/6/2013 11:28:21 PM   
Aurelian

But if this guy wants Plan 2, I wouldn't dare say no.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 25
RE: When - 11/6/2013 11:31:27 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

You know there was a time I thought he could take on the whole Red Army. Now, looking back, I think he needed help opening a bottled Grape Nehi.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 26
RE: When - 11/6/2013 11:46:13 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

quote:

You know there was a time I thought he could take on the whole Red Army. Now, looking back, I think he needed help opening a bottled Grape Nehi.

Sit on it

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 11/7/2013 12:48:53 AM >

Post #: 27
RE: When - 11/6/2013 11:49:00 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

lol Game set and match

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 28
RE: When - 11/6/2013 11:54:26 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

lol Game set and match

Never mess with a guy who has his own statue. Even the birds stay clear.

Post #: 29
RE: When - 11/7/2013 12:31:02 AM   
DSWargamer

Pity, it's Thursday in New Zealand right now, but I'm not in New Zealand.

I wonder if being in tomorrow helps?

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> When Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI