Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

150th Anniversary CD Install

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Tech Support >> 150th Anniversary CD Install Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
150th Anniversary CD Install - 11/7/2013 11:48:31 AM   
Steveonfirst

I purchased the SOW Gettysburg download earlier this year to check out the game. Love it!!!...for all the reasons others post. Great game.

So, I recently updated the latest version, then purchased the 150th anniversary CD pack. My question: Before I install the CD pack, is there any potential conflict/watchout between the downloaded SOW Gettysburg file/scenario data and the CD 150 Ann. installation?

Appreciate your feedback and am enjoying the game.

Hancock The Superb

"There are times when a corp commander's life does not count.." Major General W.S. Hancock- "Thunderbolt of the Army of the Potomac"
Post #: 1
RE: 150th Anniversary CD Install - 11/7/2013 12:08:31 PM   
Steveonfirst

OK

Hancock The Superb

"There are times when a corp commander's life does not count.." Major General W.S. Hancock- "Thunderbolt of the Army of the Potomac"

(in reply to Steveonfirst)
Post #: 2
RE: 150th Anniversary CD Install - 11/8/2013 1:51:41 AM   
histgamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steveonfirst

I purchased the SOW Gettysburg download earlier this year to check out the game. Love it!!!...for all the reasons others post. Great game.

So, I recently updated the latest version, then purchased the 150th anniversary CD pack. My question: Before I install the CD pack, is there any potential conflict/watchout between the downloaded SOW Gettysburg file/scenario data and the CD 150 Ann. installation?

Appreciate your feedback and am enjoying the game.

I would advise a clean install. It shouldn't cause a problem to my knowledge but it would be best for a clean install. You can always backup saved game filed if you need. If its a pre matrix game install I'd advise a uninstall prior to installation though as I've seen some issues when you have the old CD code from before Matrix in you're registry and then try and install a matrix game code install over it.

< Message edited by flanyboy -- 11/8/2013 2:52:07 AM >

Post #: 3
RE: 150th Anniversary CD Install - 11/8/2013 12:45:49 PM   
Steveonfirst

Thanks, flanyboy, much appreciated. The download was a matrix install, so I may try to install, if it causes any issues, clean all out and clean install the cd. Again, appreciate the advice.

Hancock The Superb

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 4
RE: 150th Anniversary CD Install - 11/10/2013 12:28:10 PM   
Steveonfirst

Without uninstalling SOW Gettysburg, installed 150 ann. cd. No problems. Played several scenarios to test, clean. Hope sveryone has same results.

Hancock The Superb

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Tech Support >> 150th Anniversary CD Install Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI