150th Anniversary CD Install (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Tech Support

Steveonfirst -> 150th Anniversary CD Install (11/7/2013 11:48:31 AM)

I purchased the SOW Gettysburg download earlier this year to check out the game. Love it!!!...for all the reasons others post. Great game.

So, I recently updated the latest version, then purchased the 150th anniversary CD pack. My question: Before I install the CD pack, is there any potential conflict/watchout between the downloaded SOW Gettysburg file/scenario data and the CD 150 Ann. installation?

Appreciate your feedback and am enjoying the game.

Steveonfirst -> RE: 150th Anniversary CD Install (11/7/2013 12:08:31 PM)

OK

histgamer -> RE: 150th Anniversary CD Install (11/8/2013 1:51:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steveonfirst

I purchased the SOW Gettysburg download earlier this year to check out the game. Love it!!!...for all the reasons others post. Great game.

So, I recently updated the latest version, then purchased the 150th anniversary CD pack. My question: Before I install the CD pack, is there any potential conflict/watchout between the downloaded SOW Gettysburg file/scenario data and the CD 150 Ann. installation?

Appreciate your feedback and am enjoying the game.

I would advise a clean install. It shouldn't cause a problem to my knowledge but it would be best for a clean install. You can always backup saved game filed if you need. If its a pre matrix game install I'd advise a uninstall prior to installation though as I've seen some issues when you have the old CD code from before Matrix in you're registry and then try and install a matrix game code install over it.

Steveonfirst -> RE: 150th Anniversary CD Install (11/8/2013 12:45:49 PM)

Thanks, flanyboy, much appreciated. The download was a matrix install, so I may try to install, if it causes any issues, clean all out and clean install the cd. Again, appreciate the advice.

Steveonfirst -> RE: 150th Anniversary CD Install (11/10/2013 12:28:10 PM)

Without uninstalling SOW Gettysburg, installed 150 ann. cd. No problems. Played several scenarios to test, clean. Hope sveryone has same results.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI