Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the last expansion.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the last expansion. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the last ... - 11/8/2013 3:19:20 PM   
ASHBERY76

The usual long standing issues.

War weariness
It should wind down slowly and not vanish the second you get peace.

Diplomacy.
Enforced long treaties times and cool down periods should be included.Alliances have no meaning due to the A.I getting peace 5 seconds after the war starts,of course the player should have the same enforced times.Same with giving santions, lifting them and 5 seconds later giving you them again and again,etc.

Subjugation treatied empires should only have 1 overlord and their diplomacy should only be allowed with that overlord.Other empires should have to dow the overlord if they want their territory.It is stupid when an empire has 15 overlords when I did all the work for that 10%.

Let us swap or trade for fuel and mining rights.What is the strategy in only being able to give them and hoping they give me the same.

Allow for population polices by race and not just family.

Modding hopes.
Techs and tech tree placements totally opened up.
Modding leader traits and triggers.
Allow for modded races backstory to be added to the pedia.
All resources and effects to be opened up.

Cheers.

< Message edited by ASHBERY76 -- 11/8/2013 4:22:17 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/9/2013 4:44:27 AM   
Mad Igor

lastest expansion.
fixed.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 2
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/9/2013 8:49:18 AM   
hewwo

+1

(in reply to Mad Igor)
Post #: 3
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/9/2013 3:12:31 PM   
shinobu

In agreement with ASHBERY76 here, especially with regard to diplomacy. Improvements in diplomacy should be heavily emphasized in the next incarnation of Distant Worlds. The current diplomatic system is the weakest link in a truly outstanding game.

< Message edited by shinobu -- 11/9/2013 4:16:14 PM >

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 4
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/9/2013 10:16:45 PM   
Tree Dog

I just hope we'll be able to mod about everything.
Also you forgot governments, how could you.

(in reply to shinobu)
Post #: 5
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/9/2013 10:40:03 PM   
Tanaka

Completely agree great points! Worse part of game!

(in reply to Tree Dog)
Post #: 6
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/10/2013 1:57:36 PM   
hewwo

what about the resupply ships though. I hardly use them because I don't like the way they're implemented, even though in theory they are awesome to have.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 7
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/10/2013 8:23:47 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: hewwo

what about the resupply ships though. I hardly use them because I don't like the way they're implemented, even though in theory they are awesome to have.

I just want a mobile fleet resupply Tender. Just carries fuel to the front, the current Resupply is awkward and inefficient.

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 8
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/10/2013 10:45:06 PM   
Tree Dog

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyclopsSlayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: hewwo

I just want a mobile fleet resupply Tender. Just carries fuel to the front, the current Resupply is awkward and inefficient.

Have you actually tried putting a dock or two on a ship, and plenty fuel cells? Does it do anything at all?

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 9
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/11/2013 3:17:22 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

Docking bays do nothing on a ship, the AI has no clue what to do with them. When it comes time to refuel the Fleet takes off for some distant Gas Mine and ignores the ship with full cargo bays and fuel cells. Resupply ships have to be deployed, basically turned into a Gas Mine, before the AI will utilize the ships Docking bays.

(in reply to Tree Dog)
Post #: 10
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/12/2013 4:07:42 AM   
jpwrunyan

Need to be able to mod component specs. I still think it is dumb/boring that you can fit more than 1 mining component on your initial mining outposts. I would like to mod these components to take up more space.

Modding spec sizes and bonus space for specific components (like carriers have for fighter bays) would be nice.

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 11
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/12/2013 4:58:24 PM   
Toby123

+1 .... especually regardung diploomacy.

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 12
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/12/2013 6:56:12 PM   
Larsenex

Asherbery are you over there hanging out at Gal Civ Forums? I thought I saw your exact avatar over there...

Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.

(in reply to Toby123)
Post #: 13
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/12/2013 7:27:00 PM   
ASHBERY76

Anything to do with 4x and I will be around.

(in reply to Larsenex)
Post #: 14
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/13/2013 10:03:29 AM   
Bebop Cola

I would like to see a zone of ownership applied to any object that a defense base is built on. Mostly I'm thinking planets and moons, but a zone of ownership to the range of the bases weapons would be decent in gas clouds as well.

If I build a defense base on a planet, another empire shouldn't be able to colonize that planet until they've dealt with that base through either capture or destruction. Meaning, they must risk war.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 15
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/13/2013 8:37:45 PM   
ASHBERY76

Solid systems like Civ handle the issues of Mutual Defense Pacts,etc by enforcing times and cool down periods like I suggest.A simple greyed out diplomacy option for a set time works.In real time game I would suggest at least yearly cool downs periods for all treaties including peace terms.

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 16
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/15/2013 3:36:36 AM   
Kobracan

+1 all around. These diplomacy improvements are sorely needed and I don't think they would be terribly hard to implement either.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 17
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/15/2013 9:08:24 PM   
adecoy95

not to be a negative nancy but i can count on one hand the number of times the ai has managed to mount a serious offensive in the game against me past early game, i think other issues might surface if/when they make these changes to diplomacy quite honestly

tho on the other hand this might help make the political landscape in the game change more dynamically, since the ai will be be forced to commit to longer wars with each other

< Message edited by adecoy95 -- 11/15/2013 10:10:33 PM >

(in reply to Kobracan)
Post #: 18
RE: Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the l... - 11/18/2013 6:24:30 PM   
Testmann

Modding different Galaxy shapes would be great!

Also to mod and create new Governments.

(in reply to adecoy95)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Some hopes for mechanic fixes and modding for the last expansion. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI