Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tactical Bomber Cannon Penetration Values

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Tactical Bomber Cannon Penetration Values Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tactical Bomber Cannon Penetration Values - 11/20/2013 5:00:05 PM   
Priapus1

According to the manual the penetration value given to weapons is the number of millimetres of armour plate that can be penetrated. All of the tactical bomber cannon weapons have a penetration value no greater than 6. The T-34 has a top armour of 20. How can the tactical bombers destroy armour? Is the calculation for tactical bombers multiplied?
Post #: 1
RE: Tactical Bomber Cannon Penetration Values - 11/21/2013 1:06:02 PM   
Brandle

Great question. We dont see afv's destroyed when attacked from the air. We also dont track vehicles destroyed from airstrikes and that would be a big plus.

(in reply to Priapus1)
Post #: 2
RE: Tactical Bomber Cannon Penetration Values - 11/21/2013 4:16:01 PM   
Bozo_the_Clown

quote:

We dont see afv's destroyed when attacked from the air.

That's not true. I destroy plenty of AFVs from the air. Ok, plenty is an exaggeration. But in 43 I sometimes destroy 10 AFVs in a single bombing run. You would have to look at the combat results in detail to see what plane or better to say what weapon is actually responsible for destroying the AFVs.

(in reply to Brandle)
Post #: 3
RE: Tactical Bomber Cannon Penetration Values - 11/22/2013 3:05:52 AM   
Priapus1

A lot of the tactical bombers carry a small payload of bombs. I'm beginning to suspect they are responsible for all tanks destroyed. Going to experiment increasing cannon penetrations values. Bomber kills in general seem extremely low.

Another question if any of the developers are bothering to read this. The maximum load values for bombers is usually exactly the same as the weight of the bomb payload carried. However, the defensive weapons also have load values. Are weapon weights not added to the maximum load value? If they are, presumably bombers are not carrying their full bomb capacity.

(in reply to Bozo_the_Clown)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Tactical Bomber Cannon Penetration Values Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI