Tactical Bomber Cannon Penetration Values (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding

Priapus1 -> Tactical Bomber Cannon Penetration Values (11/20/2013 5:00:05 PM)

According to the manual the penetration value given to weapons is the number of millimetres of armour plate that can be penetrated. All of the tactical bomber cannon weapons have a penetration value no greater than 6. The T-34 has a top armour of 20. How can the tactical bombers destroy armour? Is the calculation for tactical bombers multiplied?

Brandle -> RE: Tactical Bomber Cannon Penetration Values (11/21/2013 1:06:02 PM)

Great question. We dont see afv's destroyed when attacked from the air. We also dont track vehicles destroyed from airstrikes and that would be a big plus.

Bozo_the_Clown -> RE: Tactical Bomber Cannon Penetration Values (11/21/2013 4:16:01 PM)

quote:

We dont see afv's destroyed when attacked from the air.

That's not true. I destroy plenty of AFVs from the air. Ok, plenty is an exaggeration. But in 43 I sometimes destroy 10 AFVs in a single bombing run. You would have to look at the combat results in detail to see what plane or better to say what weapon is actually responsible for destroying the AFVs.

Priapus1 -> RE: Tactical Bomber Cannon Penetration Values (11/22/2013 3:05:52 AM)

A lot of the tactical bombers carry a small payload of bombs. I'm beginning to suspect they are responsible for all tanks destroyed. Going to experiment increasing cannon penetrations values. Bomber kills in general seem extremely low.

Another question if any of the developers are bothering to read this. The maximum load values for bombers is usually exactly the same as the weight of the bomb payload carried. However, the defensive weapons also have load values. Are weapon weights not added to the maximum load value? If they are, presumably bombers are not carrying their full bomb capacity.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI