Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Deal of the Week...great deals!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/3/2013 4:37:29 AM   
Agathosdaimon

well do i missed the great battles sales but willl get them in future in anycase. I was going to pass up this weeks sales but after reading some great AARs and advice from Rimmer on the Armchair Generals forums i decided to get them all - his view is that the games are not as hard to play as suggested rather just the settip up at the start, but after that you can get into the game and do not need to spend every time micromanaging every single thing.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 151
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/3/2013 12:42:56 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boomer78

Black Friday was yesterday. We should see be seeing the first Christmas sales beginning soon... hopefully. I have to say, there's not much on the horizon right now I'm dying to play. Banished, maybe. But I've got my eye on the SOW series. If at least one of those goes on sale this Christmas I'll be happy.

"Pandora: First Contact" is a game I will purchase, I love the Civ format games and this one looks terrific! I've been playing and enjoying Fallout:New Vegas, a top 10 game in my opinion!

Patrick

(in reply to Boomer78)
Post #: 152
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/4/2013 11:43:23 AM   
Alan Sharif

Now two Command Ops titles are on offer I have downloaded the Bulge demo. I have never really got into these games previously, but will play the demo over the next couple of days to see if I can change that. If there has ever been a time to buy these games it is now.

A Sharif

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 153
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/4/2013 2:04:14 PM   
gexmex

I've been holding off on getting these Command Ops titles for a really long time, but this really sealed the deal for me. Played the heck out of the demo months ago and moved on to some other things. Snagged 'em today though! Now I just need to find time to play them...

< Message edited by gexmex -- 11/4/2013 2:25:47 PM >

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 154
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/4/2013 2:36:00 PM   
Max 86

quote:

ORIGINAL: gexmex

I've been holding off on getting these Command Ops titles for a really long time, but this really sealed the deal for me. ...... Now I just need to find time to play them...

+1

Me too. I have been trying to scrape money together for CMANO but with WitP:AE on sale last week and these two this week, its just too good to pass up.

No problem Chief!

(in reply to gexmex)
Post #: 155
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/4/2013 2:54:32 PM   
wings7

I own both these titles already (Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge & Command Ops: Highway to the Reich). I have not played them very much, but what I have played I've been impressed with the design, historical content and tactics of this series! It's a great sale, you should order them if you have been thinking about purchasing them!

Patrick

(in reply to Max 86)
Post #: 156
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/4/2013 4:23:20 PM   
DerTroof

Holy cow, another game I want on sale. You guys are forcing me into some difficult decisions.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 157
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/4/2013 7:58:55 PM   
Ranger33

Sweet!! I've been very, very tempted to pick up the Command Ops series in the past. At this price it's a much easier decision.

I'm guessing these weekly deals must be working out fairly well for Matrix as we have now seen several of the premium priced games get some big cuts down to normal video game prices. I was worried they would just cycle through all the old mid-level games that are arguably overpriced to start with.

(in reply to DerTroof)
Post #: 158
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/4/2013 9:17:23 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Now here is a deal that I will be taking advantage of. Been wanting Highway to the Reich but it required the base game. Wasn't sure I wanted to invest all of that into the system, but now this sale made the decision easy. Both for the price of an average game.

Question before I pull the lever though. Are there supply problems with this game?

mo reb

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 159
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/5/2013 7:15:40 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

Question before I pull the lever though. Are there supply problems with this game?

mo reb

Eric, I haven't play the game very much but I don't remember any supply problems. Hopefully someone that has played the game more will chime in and give you their opinion!

Patrick

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 160
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/5/2013 9:01:54 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

mo reb

Eric, I haven't play the game very much but I don't remember any supply problems. Hopefully someone that has played the game more will chime in and give you their opinion!

Patrick

Yeah, I hope so. Maybe I should pose this question in their forum. Seems I heard the guy that programs the game was taking some time off for a while?

Thanks Patrick.

**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 161
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/6/2013 12:14:00 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

A follow-up. Arjuna, the lead programmer for the series, responded to my post in the Command Ops forum with a recent link that answered my question and a few others.

For your interests;
Back on Deck

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 162
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/6/2013 7:21:27 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

I own both these titles already (Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge & Command Ops: Highway to the Reich). I have not played them very much, but what I have played I've been impressed with the design, historical content and tactics of this series! It's a great sale, you should order them if you have been thinking about purchasing them!

Patrick

Same here, I own the exact same two and haven't played them much. I mainly bought them cause of sales and bargain bin pricings. I got Highway to the Reich from Best Buy years ago for like $7.99 and left it in shrink wrap for years before finally giving it a try. I didn't like the area of operation (never got into playing british forces anyways and hate to play german./russian sides), never have really. I do like playing Normandy invasion games or Battle for the Bulge or Rome/Italy games (like anzio or cassino pass) Not sicily though and african games like Kassarine Pass and Tobruk. (hope arjuna does those someday)

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 163
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/10/2013 1:38:37 PM   
baloo7777

Just purchased Command Ops Battle for the Bulge and watched the tutorials. I am starting to look through the game manual and get a game started vs AI. So far, I have purchased from the weekly sale: Unity of Command-Red Turn, SPWAW-Generals edition (had the free one before),UV,TOAW, and ATG! I am learning the rules to them all, but have only started a couple new ones so far. AND I am planning on purchasing WiF asap! Thank you Matrix/Slitherine, for making this Deal of the Week so good I can't refuse!

JRR

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 164
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/11/2013 3:37:32 PM   
wings7

I just ordered "Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear!" and "Conflict of Heroes: Ghost Divisions", they look great and they are tactical games too!

Patrick

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 165
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/11/2013 11:39:14 PM   
aaatoysandmore

tell me about "Ghosts" is that just more of the same just more scenarios of different areas of operation? I'm waiting on Pacific land battles or west front games like it. Why they start off in the east front is beyond me. I don't like those games or ever buy them. I bought stalingrad by AH a long time ago and I never really liked it. The replacement schedule for the russians was lopsided. I did like Guadacanal though, what a fun game. Love jungle warfare and burning enemies.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 166
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/12/2013 1:57:18 PM   
Alan Sharif

I passed on Command Ops. Downloaded the demo, and I am sure they are great games, but they were/are not for me. Downloading the Conflict Of Heroes demo as I type this. These offers are just to good not to take advantage of.

A Sharif

Post #: 167
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/12/2013 3:48:08 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Command OPS is really good and fun, the graphical portion is not so good. 3d isomectric icons would have made the game so much better, but the ai is solid and a challenge. Lots to discover but lotta fun discovering it.

Post #: 168
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/13/2013 2:16:57 PM   
Alan Sharif

Both Conflict of Heroes titles ordered. I am loving these deals.

A Sharif

Post #: 169
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/14/2013 2:38:05 AM   
mrensing

So I am seriously considering purchasing this week's deal. I DL'd the demo and, for the most part, enjoyed it. However, it seems to suffer from a few flaws I often find with matrix games and I wanted to solicit feedback from those who have already purchased it and played.

-- The interface seems clunky and twitchy. The camera controls were awkward and the program often seemed to take 10-15 seconds to move the camera POV for no apparent reason. It sometimes took several clicks to make an action happen.
-- Graphics seemed to be fairly subpar...something like you would seen on the old SNES. Not in itself an issue but this seemed to effect gameplay as it was difficult to make out the hexes, see units in woods, etc.

As I said, I enjoyed the concept of the game but I'm looking for opinions from those who have already purchased. Do the above problems still exist in the full copy? Do they take away from the playability and enjoyment of the game? In your opinion is the game worth the money invested? Would you recommend purchasing the game now you have played it? Thanks for the responses guys.

Post #: 170
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/14/2013 3:06:40 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: CG_Gamer

So I am seriously considering purchasing this week's deal. I DL'd the demo and, for the most part, enjoyed it. However, it seems to suffer from a few flaws I often find with matrix games and I wanted to solicit feedback from those who have already purchased it and played.

-- The interface seems clunky and twitchy. The camera controls were awkward and the program often seemed to take 10-15 seconds to move the camera POV for no apparent reason. It sometimes took several clicks to make an action happen.
-- Graphics seemed to be fairly subpar...something like you would seen on the old SNES. Not in itself an issue but this seemed to effect gameplay as it was difficult to make out the hexes, see units in woods, etc.

As I said, I enjoyed the concept of the game but I'm looking for opinions from those who have already purchased. Do the above problems still exist in the full copy? Do they take away from the playability and enjoyment of the game? In your opinion is the game worth the money invested? Would you recommend purchasing the game now you have played it? Thanks for the responses guys.

I did not have this experience with the full game. But I don't recall having it in the demo either. You might want to post this question in the dedicated game forum where you might get a better sampling.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to mrensing)
Post #: 171
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/14/2013 6:47:35 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: CG_Gamer

Do you have a computer with the minimum requirements to play Conflict of Heroes?

Patrick

(in reply to mrensing)
Post #: 172
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/16/2013 10:47:21 AM   
Alan Sharif

I took delivery of these titles earlier this week, well, downloaded anyway. Playing without any of the issues you mention. I am using Windows 8.1.

< Message edited by Alan Sharif -- 11/17/2013 10:36:38 PM >

A Sharif

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 173
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/17/2013 4:13:39 PM   
wings7

It's not a Deal of the Week , but I had to purchase "Pandora: First Contact"...I really enjoy Civ type games (not to mention Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri!)

Patrick

Post #: 174
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/18/2013 1:33:58 AM   
dougo33

quote:

It's not a Deal of the Week , but I had to purchase "Pandora: First Contact"...I really enjoy Civ type games (not to mention Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri!)

Patrick

Me too. I had a bad week as I bought this one AND the deals of the week. Now I get to hide the charges from my wife lol

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 175
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/18/2013 1:05:53 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: dougo33

quote:

Patrick

Me too. I had a bad week as I bought this one AND the deals of the week. Now I get to hide the charges from my wife lol

Doug, just tell your wife, this entertainment is a bargain! Some games can last a lifetime without spending anymore on that game!

Patrick

(in reply to dougo33)
Post #: 176
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/19/2013 11:12:30 AM   
Dorb

quote:

quote:

quote:

Patrick

Doug, just tell your wife, this entertainment is a bargain! Some games can last a lifetime without spending anymore on that game!

Patrick

But I tried that on my last 3-4 purchases. It doesn't fly. lol

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 177
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/20/2013 12:05:32 AM   
dougo33

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorb

quote:

quote:

quote:

Patrick

Patrick

But I tried that on my last 3-4 purchases. It doesn't fly. lol

No it doesn't lol. I just let her buy something and then she isn't as upset

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 178
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/21/2013 7:03:19 PM   
wings7

I just received "Pandora: First Contact"! I am a little disappointed with the manual, but will dive into it this weekend! I'm certainly looking forward to the Holiday Sale coming up! Happy Gaming and Thanksgiving everyone!

Patrick

(in reply to dougo33)
Post #: 179
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 11/21/2013 8:15:29 PM   
Agathosdaimon

I am keen for this sale too, but i snt it supposedv to be on today?

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI