Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/25/2013 2:40:00 PM   
Agathosdaimon

quote:

ORIGINAL: brucemcl777

Hell I don't even know whether it is tommorrow or yesterday in Australia right now?

For that matter I don't understand what I just said anyway.

well its definitely the case that the games are now all mostly down in price - except the 2013 releases - for example Command ops BattlesBulge only 57AU dollars (normally its round 80dollars or more)

(in reply to brucemcl777)
Post #: 61
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/25/2013 3:27:49 PM   
uncc

Show time...

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once -- David Hume, Scottish philosopher (1711 - 1776)

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 62
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/25/2013 3:54:33 PM   
IainMcNeil

It was not intentionally announced - it was a misunderstanding :) The announcement was not intended to include a date but it didn't get spotted until it was already posted and then no point in removing it.

On the manual update we were waiting for a solution from Plimus to update the prices automatically which only arrived this morning. We knew we needed it we just did not receive it from them in time to do it on the selected date.

No conspiracy theory - just a bunch of guys working round the clock without enough hours on the day to do everything as carefully we we'd like to. Hence the latest recruitment drive!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 63
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/25/2013 4:10:25 PM   
BeerW0lf

35% discount for Distant worlds series, woohoo! That's what I was waiting for.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 64
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/25/2013 4:45:03 PM   
brucemcl777

Iain or Erik

Ok I was going to order the Gettysburg 150th Anniversary in the collectors edition. But you didn't put that on - so I realize that the total of the 5 together is a few dollars less
but the only collectors edition is chancellorville - does that come with the same printed manual as Gettysburg 150th? Or is there two manuals in 150th?

And as a suggestion it would be easier if you just put the 150th in the sale - even if it was only 20% off instead of 30 or 35% it would be Ok with me as I would prefer the complete version and avoid the confusion.

I'm going to order distant worlds and panzer corp now and wait for an answer to this question

you can always find me on Steam at
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/stratwin
Where we are all about Strategy - come join us - there my name is I'm Spartacus.

Order of Battle: Pacific fan
Morning Sun: beta tester
US Marines: beta tester

(in reply to BeerW0lf)
Post #: 65
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/25/2013 5:55:59 PM   
Boomer78

Glad to see the sale underway. Already grabbed SOW Gettysburg. Will probably get Birth of Rome as well.

"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"

(in reply to brucemcl777)
Post #: 66
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/25/2013 10:35:26 PM   
shunwick

TOAW III is worth it at any price.

And I can recommend Chariots of War as well. A vastly under-appreciated gem. Works with Vista, should work with Windows 7, do not know about Windows 8.

Best wishes,
Steve

< Message edited by shunwick -- 11/25/2013 11:39:20 PM >

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to Boomer78)
Post #: 67
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/26/2013 12:36:35 AM   
Ranger33

Picked up Decisive Campaigns Blitzkrieg. Liking it a lot so far, might get Case Blue as well before the sale is over.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 68
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/26/2013 1:28:55 AM   
Agathosdaimon

quote:

ORIGINAL: shunwick

TOAW III is worth it at any price.

And I can recommend Chariots of War as well. A vastly under-appreciated gem. Works with Vista, should work with Windows 7, do not know about Windows 8.

Best wishes,
Steve

Yes to all this TOAW has such deep layers a gameplay - it just keeps giving and one does learn much fromit.

Chariots of War and Spartan are finally mine, i really found legion gold so addictive and easy to get into these look like improvments on it.
The Distant Worlds series too ffinally i will dive into this one and i hope Grigsbys Dday to Bombing of the Reich is a good one too which i got. Right, no more games for the rest of the year!

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 69
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/26/2013 8:29:53 AM   
IainMcNeil

Generally games from this year are not discounted hence no discount on the Gettysburg Anniversary series & Brandy Station. We really don't want to upset the hard core fans by slapping them in the face with a lower price within a few months of release. It's one of the reasons we don't like dropping the prices as the hardcore fans are always the ones who suffer.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Post #: 70
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/26/2013 8:40:26 AM   
Greyshaft

No discounts expected on 2013 releases, but thanks for Eagle Day and Commander:The Great War at great prices

/Greyshaft

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 71
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/26/2013 9:53:50 AM   
aaatoysandmore

Ahhh I'm calmed down now, nice to see my post got some people off their butts and the sale begins. I want this and this and this right now, with this being Commander WWI, TOAW III, and anything Roman I don't already have like that Carthage to Rome game. Looking for some solid AI games and I hope these deliver. TOAW III should I know, may even go for Panzer Corp after I read about it some more. Review scores from various sites will determine...like Metacritics reviews I use most. Happy Holidays and thanks for listening to a grumpy old man. Glad to know raging at the manager still gets things done.

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 72
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/26/2013 11:33:10 AM   
wodin

Metacritic is not a good site to judge wargames..just saying. Your best going to forums and read AAR's. Or the countless wargaming blogs out there.

< Message edited by wodin -- 11/26/2013 12:33:49 PM >

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 73
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/26/2013 12:07:01 PM   
comsolut

Deleted

< Message edited by comsolut -- 11/26/2013 2:09:28 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 74
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/26/2013 2:34:27 PM   
wodin

Just a heads up that both TOAW 3 and John Tillers Campaigns series are heading towards big updates. The JTCS update will be huge..go check the forums to see the work being done.

Both games will be worth while buying in the sale.

(in reply to comsolut)
Post #: 75
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/26/2013 4:08:08 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Do the Tiller games still have that random setup that is pretty linear or will it put them (them meaning their units) into trees and other terrain that is good for them before the scenario starts. I always found that rather lack lustre (that it placed units at the top or bottom of the map in a line left to right or vicey versa) because it didn't try to set the units up in the best position possible.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 76
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/26/2013 11:21:14 PM   
Dorb

The best part of the sale is... having 3 credit card billing cycles to sneak some games on the card without the wife catching on.(well maybe)

Wodin, you have me convinced I must have Case Blue, and needing a WW1 game still torn between Commander-Great War and WW1 Gold(just downloaded manual from AGEod to check it out)

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 77
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/26/2013 11:46:04 PM   
Agathosdaimon

oh wow, JTCS is already an excellent product - just volume of scenarios in it alone. I havent played any scenarios where the units were just starting in a generic row on the map edge though, i have had them start rather as a clump of units pouring in from a corner or such or others where one side was already on the field in positions, so i must just depend on the scenario

I also recommend that people get Combat Command , which is like TOAW3 but focuses more on a command structure and trying to maintain that while fighting, and Panzer Command Ost Front - both excellent and Panzer Command is like Combat Mission but with some differences in the turn options and better grittier graphics

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 78
RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? - 11/26/2013 11:50:37 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Play a "generated game" that you generate yourself like a random generated game and you'll see what I'm talking about. Your units and the ai's units start out in a line at the bottom or top of the map depending on which side you get.

I also don't like premade or pregenerated scenarios or maps as you always know what's where and then it becomes a boring event. Even if the first time is like the first time.

< Message edited by aaatoysandmore -- 11/27/2013 12:52:24 AM >

Post #: 79
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Do we have a date for the holiday sale start? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI