Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI river crossing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> The War Room >> AI river crossing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI river crossing - 11/28/2013 7:49:25 PM   
baalel

I've just finished playing HM_AS A Test of Wills...
I made the Soviet's job quite hard initially by artillery deployed mines creating a nasty choke point at the intact bridge, mining 3318, 3218, 3019 and finally 2919, about 60 units were killed by mines and suppression fire during the first hour and before any visual contact. The AI decided that an amphibious crossing of the river at 2407 was it's best action and for the next 5 hours I had a duck shoot of the entire tank force and supporting units as they tried to swim the river under very heavy artillery bombardment and a little fire from A and B/23rd Engineers.

Not a single Soviet unit managed to make the western bank of the river and the game ended sudden death with a 93% decisive victory for NATO.

I'm not sure any human commander would have thrown his force away so easily after the initial force found the far bank defended... In deciding where to initially focus his main force, the mines seem to have swung the balance away from the bridgehead into a disaster that the AI refused to back down from.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: AI river crossing - 11/28/2013 10:32:38 PM   
Mad Russian

You are playing a scenario that is designed for Head to Head play. Is that your intention?

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to baalel)
Post #: 2
RE: AI river crossing - 11/30/2013 1:19:20 AM   
Curious

You might want to play the version of this scenario designed for the human to play the NATO side and the AI to play the WP side and see how the AI does in that case.

(in reply to baalel)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> The War Room >> AI river crossing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI