Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Article about China vs Japan and US, played out using Command

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Article about China vs Japan and US, played out using Command Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Article about China vs Japan and US, played out using C... - 12/1/2013 11:26:53 PM   
Temple

Another interesting article from the War Is Boring website, If China’s Airspace Grab Turns Violent, This Is What Could Happen. The hypothetical situation is played out using Command.
Post #: 1
RE: Article about China vs Japan and US, played out usi... - 12/1/2013 11:45:04 PM   
TMP95

Great write up!

Though I doubt the F-22 would hit up their radars IRL (espeically with that first volley of shots, perhaps if all those had missed and they were dark, they would switch to on).

(in reply to Temple)
Post #: 2
RE: Article about China vs Japan and US, played out usi... - 12/2/2013 12:05:39 AM   
tocaff

No reason for the Raptors to light up the Chinese. They would just fire based on the data link from the fleeing radar plane. The Chinese would probably realize something was out there when the missiles were fired.

A very interesting usage of the game.

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to TMP95)
Post #: 3
RE: Article about China vs Japan and US, played out usi... - 12/2/2013 1:09:18 AM   
bigfootsf

quote:

ORIGINAL: tocaff

No reason for the Raptors to light up the Chinese. They would just fire based on the data link from the fleeing radar plane. The Chinese would probably realize something was out there when the missiles were fired.

A very interesting usage of the game.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I didn't think about this earlier in the game. Afterward I realized, oh, yeah, Link 16. Damn.

All six AMRAAMs from a single F-22 lost lock at once. I'd gotten a message about three seconds before that F-22s had detargeted the Chinese. I believe this has happened to me before in Command and I'm not sure what's going on.

-Kyle Mizokami

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 4
RE: Article about China vs Japan and US, played out usi... - 12/2/2013 4:35:27 AM   
SSN754planker

I think it is only a matter of time before we see Wolf Blitzer using CMANO to play out some world crisis on CNN.

MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754

(in reply to bigfootsf)
Post #: 5
RE: Article about China vs Japan and US, played out usi... - 12/2/2013 9:41:24 AM   
smudge56

Must make you guys feel some pride that others are using the game to see how things, that are going on in the news right now would play out.

< Message edited by Blighty56 -- 12/2/2013 10:43:52 AM >

(in reply to SSN754planker)
Post #: 6
RE: Article about China vs Japan and US, played out usi... - 12/2/2013 11:29:04 AM   
tocaff

There are to many variables to ever know how things will play out. Would anybody have projected the USN to win big at Midway? New technology is sexy, but it can fail or just doesn't do what it was supposed to do.

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to smudge56)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Article about China vs Japan and US, played out using Command Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI