Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Change healing device

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> Change healing device Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Change healing device - 12/1/2013 11:30:57 PM   
jamthree

This device needs to always heal instead of only working when the unit with the device is damaged and can heal itself, otherwise its almost worthless.
Post #: 1
RE: Change healing device - 1/8/2014 11:33:11 PM   
spitfire_ch

I 2nd that!

(in reply to jamthree)
Post #: 2
RE: Change healing device - 2/8/2014 9:40:25 AM   
boulugre

quote:

ORIGINAL: jamthree

This device needs to always heal instead of only working when the unit with the device is damaged and can heal itself, otherwise its almost worthless.

I have mixed feeling on that topic. On one hand I agree it's silly that unit can't heal just because they were bombarded one turn by orbital bombardment by example, on the other hand if you lets unit heal even if damaged, taking cities with heavy defenses will become close to impossible.

Right know if you are fighting at equal tech level you need to bombard a well defended city several turns with artillery and/or nukes if you want to take it without a silly amount of losses on your side. 4 units with healing device in a city is enough to bring all troops staked in the city to 100% health every turn. If this happen wether you damaged the units or not, it become close to impossible to take down a city if you don't outnumber the defenders by 4 to 1. (and loosing 3 out of 4 of your troop in the process)

(in reply to jamthree)
Post #: 3
RE: Change healing device - 5/10/2014 11:08:31 AM   
SKRen

Why not make it so that when a unit heals in the territory, all other units in the territory heals for 50% of their normal rate. This would make it much more useful to keep a medic around... in fact I may mod this in if possible.

(in reply to boulugre)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> Change healing device Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI