Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: DC3 Blog post

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> RE: DC3 Blog post Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DC3 Blog post - 11/7/2013 4:10:36 PM   
wodin

Workname Empires sounds interesting..getting a fantasy or maybe dark ages vibe...?

Also trying to rack my brains who the secret developer is thats working with you on DC3:)..sadly wont be buying it though due to scale.

(in reply to mannerheim4)
Post #: 31
RE: DC3 Blog post - 11/7/2013 10:31:13 PM   
WilliePete

I agree with Wodin & Mannerheim on this one. What I like about the last two DC games is the scale. Small units that race to capture, hold or blow a bridge, and take specific villages, ect. Terrain also makes more of an impact. The small scale combined with the roll playing elements the cards provide makes the DC series quite unique and it's my favorite war game. All of this gets lost when playing with a larger scale.

I'd rather have several smaller highly detailed campaigns at battalion or regiment level than one massive division level game. Instead of going division level it should stay the same or even go to battalion level. Keep it on the Ost Front with smaller linked campaigns.

Please keep DC small!

- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -

Post #: 32
RE: DC3 Blog post - 11/8/2013 12:03:51 PM   
wodin

Williepete I think the development is to far down the rod for it to be changed..a shame.

(in reply to WilliePete)
Post #: 33
RE: DC3 Blog post - 12/8/2013 5:22:58 PM   
Zort

I would prefer the regt size game but understand the desire to do a div level for the entire Russian front. I really like the cards concept, and can see how the Russian player can play cards to allow for a mass withdraw at some penalties. It would be interesting if cards like that were played then the German player would receive additional cards that allow for example, Ukr troops, etc. And there could be German cards for better winterization but at the cost of supplies to continue an offensive or only a certain amount of divs get winterized.

Anything that would allow for keeping the axis player interested in the game after he is stopped from getting Moscow.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 34
RE: DC3 Blog post - 12/9/2013 6:09:25 PM   
garymiboy

Hi,All.

im with Wodin on this one..id rather keep it small.and have army scenarios like the one in DC2.thers just so many wite type games about to be honest and enjoy more manageable scales.and could even add a few different army group scenarios into it!!

just my thoughts on it

Post #: 35
RE: DC3 Blog post - 3/10/2014 9:10:24 PM   
Michael T

30km hexes won't allow much room for maneuver. 20km would be better.

(in reply to garymiboy)
Post #: 36
RE: DC3 Blog post - 3/10/2014 9:41:52 PM   
Michael T

I don't have DC2. But I read the rules. I really like the Political contraints and cards. Something WITE lacks. I would really like to see this DC system ported to a full blown East Front game. But as I said above. 30km is going to squash a lots of XX size units in to a small area. The unit density will be too high I suspect.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 37
RE: DC3 Blog post - 3/11/2014 7:31:33 PM   
Isokron

The DC system works quite fine with high counter density imho. In DC2 you usually have like 3-4 per hex to consider it a solid defence line.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 38
RE: DC3 Blog post - 3/11/2014 9:23:14 PM   
Michael T

I am saying at 30km hexes there won't be much space. This won't be a game of maneuver. For comparison, Schwerpunkt's WWIE will be 7.5km per hex. Plenty of space. WWIE will be a game of maneuver. DC3 is going to be more of bash and barge type fighting at 30km per hex. Each to their own. At least we will have a choice

(in reply to Isokron)
Post #: 39
RE: DC3 Blog post - 3/13/2014 6:49:45 AM   
PKH

I do quite like the DC games, but there are a couple of issues that put me off which I hope are addressed in the next one:
- The UI is sluggish and inefficient.
- The AI is fairly weak unless you let it cheat.
- Air power is much too weak, and also should be able to do several missions per turn.

Please don't fall into the Tiller trap, and instead keep improving your games.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 40
RE: DC3 Blog post - 3/16/2014 3:06:02 AM   
Santini

I'll be honest, the hex scale and division units kind of concerns me...

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> RE: DC3 Blog post Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI