Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Slutzk Counterattack - RS battle 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Slutzk Counterattack - RS battle 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Slutzk Counterattack - RS battle 2 - 1/25/2003 11:06:14 PM   
hellcat

Hellcat and Squirmer once more... After the Disaster at Dubno the Stavka have rebuilt my core force :D and even provided me with a shiny, new BA20 (well ok it's not shiny and it isn't new in fact but at least it's something!)

Our mission to counterattack German forces at the Bridgehead of Slutzk...

Moving along a sunken road we are immediately ambushed by German forces but we destroy a halftrack on the road only to be sniped at by unseen forces further along...

To the South we approach a farmhouse only to be shot up by another German recon vehicle which is dispatched by the combined might of a T-34 platoon (mmm way to go guys!!! )

:rolleyes:

Of course it wouldn't be me playing if I didn't immediately lose a T34 to breakdown and it happened somewhere where it will never see any action I'm sure.

hmmski...

Post #: 1
- 1/26/2003 10:31:51 PM   
Squirmer

Well these Russians are nothing if not surprising! We were all set on expanding our bridgehead with a dawn recce in force when the Soviets started a counter-attack. Must be mad ... ;)

This is a low vis scenario (8). Germans have no off-board assets at all. Instead there is some rather surprising on-board stuff. Will have to consider whether to use it or not as we go on ...

Otherwise we are in good shape except that our most useful armour is out of ammo and in the process of re-stocking. Means we cannot use it for a while. This is a great touch IMHO :)

Anyway, we are currently scrambling for defensive positions in the face of the unexpected onslaught.

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 2
- 1/27/2003 10:08:18 PM   
hellcat

despite walking into the occasional ambush we seem to be making progress...

The farmhouse to the South is well occupied with Germans but our company sized attack has forced them back for now...

We're going very slowly along the sunken road to the North finding enemy units every few hundred yards... These need to be flushed out before we can progress...

In the Northern flank we have also discovered enemy recon units and proceed carefully.

The Southern flank also seems to be being watched over but here at least the immobilised tank has managed to fix itself...

Enemy artillery has fallen upon us and our valiant soldiers mutter curses under their breath that we have not been provided with such a luxury...

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 3
- 1/28/2003 2:28:50 AM   
Squirmer

The Russians are swarming around everywhere!

We will do well to hold the farmhouse (contains a 200 pt VH) against the hordes of Soviet infantry attacking it. The enemy tactics seem to be to push infantry through the centre whilst attacking the flanks with armour. Cossacks and motorcyclists meanwhile roam around the (very woody) map making nuisances of themselves. Gonna be tricky ...

Tachankas have been causing horrendous casualties. I don't mind - I just love the noise they make
:D Still have to kill 'em though ...

Shock of the turn - a T-34 opfired! Seems like these Russians might be learning something.

Oh and the fearsome enemy artillery that the Russian grunts are complaining about is a single 81mm mortar :rolleyes:

Great scenario BTW, very atmospheric.

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 4
- 1/29/2003 10:09:33 PM   
hellcat

The farmhouse is almost ours! We kill alot of German infantry this turn but not nearly enough... panzer IV sighted approaching the south of the farmhouse and panzer IIs coming up the sunken road where we are still making slow progress... Both flanks are also engaged so unlikely we will be able to perform any kind of encirclement in a hurry...

I agree with Squirmer this is quite an atmospheric scenario and provides room to maneuvere whereas Dubno was desperate from the outset...

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 5
- 1/30/2003 1:54:13 AM   
Squirmer

Good turn for the Ruskies. Germans just sat there and died mostly. Quad Maxim AA trucks mowing down hapless grunts.

Still, as compensation we have taken two Tachankas and a 76mm AT gun. Also a T-34 is immobilised by infantry assault.

Bit of a dilemma here. Until my "MBTs" get some ammo inside them there's not much to do except sit there and try to hold.

I wouldn't be too sure about not getting flanked either ...

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 6
- 1/31/2003 10:29:38 PM   
hellcat

we kill alot more Germans this turn but they seem to have ALOT!

We lose a few vehicles in our haste and to more ambushes however we hope to be out of the sunken road soon and also to link up with the company now moving northwards from the farmhouse... which is all but ours...

Our partisans :p report initial contact with the enemy on the far side of the bridge where they have spotted and engaged a 37mm gun and also seen mg positions (If only we had artillery!) Unfortunately they may have been massacred but never mind hopefully more will be popping up soon :D

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 7
- 2/1/2003 3:38:08 AM   
Squirmer

Yes there are a lot of us Germans, we are invading you know ... :p

Doing well with the infantry assaults, good job since they're almost the only AT capability I have.

Seeing Partisans this early in the war is certainly surprising (it's June 30th). They won't find much on the western bank of the river except things that shoot at them. Seems a bit strange to include them really :confused:

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 8
- 2/1/2003 8:36:33 AM   
Rune Iversen

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Squirmer
[B]Yes there are a lot of us Germans, we are invading you know ... :p

Doing well with the infantry assaults, good job since they're almost the only AT capability I have.

Seeing Partisans this early in the war is certainly surprising (it's June 30th). They won't find much on the western bank of the river except things that shoot at them. Seems a bit strange to include them really :confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

The partizans could represent overrun russian troops, which they often were

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Slutzk Counterattack - RS battle 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI