Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase - 12/17/2013 12:16:26 PM   
FreddaH

In the return to base step, I have put American ships in Malta and Gibraltar. The US isn't at war with Ge/It yet. A Dutch sub in the Italian Coast sea area thus cannot rebase to Malta, and despite having range 2, it can't seem to be rebased to any CW controlled port in the Eastern Med. Thus, it is unable to be rebased, but I don't get the option to destroy it, preventing me from proceeding.

The greatest mistake man ever made was to believe in his own divinity
Post #: 1
RE: Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase - 12/17/2013 5:57:22 PM   
Centuur

The rules are correct. Dutch ships can't base in other minor countries aligned by the CW, such as Egypt or Palestine. Cyprus should be OK, since that isn't a minor country, but a territory.

So try the port there. If not, than we are looking at a bug here, since in that case you should get the message that the Dutch vessel needs to be destroyed...

< Message edited by Centuur -- 12/17/2013 7:01:23 PM >

Peter

(in reply to FreddaH)
Post #: 2
RE: Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase - 12/18/2013 8:31:59 AM   
FreddaH

Yep, a bug it is. I can't base in Cyprus, even though my range should be enough. I don't get an option to destroy. I tried the "show valid moves" option, and it said "no valid moves".

I did manage to get around it by restoring an autosave and rebasing the Dutch units before the US ones. Unfortunately, that means I lost the save with the error.

< Message edited by FreddaH -- 12/18/2013 9:33:30 AM >

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 3
RE: Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase - 12/18/2013 12:06:04 PM   
AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: FreddaH

Yep, a bug it is. I can't base in Cyprus, even though my range should be enough. I don't get an option to destroy. I tried the "show valid moves" option, and it said "no valid moves".

I did manage to get around it by restoring an autosave and rebasing the Dutch units before the US ones. Unfortunately, that means I lost the save with the error.

looks like a problem with cooperation between US and the Dutch, Normally not an issue (also in the real world), I would say, The Dutch are aligned to the CW?

(in reply to FreddaH)
Post #: 4
RE: Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase - 12/18/2013 1:51:43 PM   
FreddaH

Yep, aligned to the CW, but the US aren't at war with Ge/It.

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 5
RE: Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase - 12/18/2013 2:16:58 PM   
Centuur

The US can only cooperate with the Dutch after they have liberated the country. So no US and Dutch ships are able to base in the same port before that.

Peter

(in reply to FreddaH)
Post #: 6
RE: Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase - 12/18/2013 11:56:26 PM   
FreddaH

Yep, I realize that, which is why I mention it.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 7
RE: Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase - 12/19/2013 12:23:50 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: FreddaH

Can you attach a saved game of this to a post? I would like to have saved games that let me quickly recreate problems. All you need to do is Zip the GAM file and attach the zipped file. Any necessary instructions on how to recreate the problem are always appreciated.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to FreddaH)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI